• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Shouta

I got the update and then the cancellation email from Walmart. Stupid.

I'll keep an eye on my account to make sure my money comes back to me.

cucuchu

Still no cancellation here and my account still has the order listed as "Processing" so I suppose they are just sending out the cancellations in waves.

Disappointing but expected. I hope the games will be available on Switch VC at least since it will likely be near impossible to get one of these.

Miyahon

What's the difference -- Prime Now got more stock than normal Amazon Prime in the past? Does it only work for certain regions?

Prime Now stock is separate from the regular Amazon site since it's only offered to people in your own local area where they have the service. I remember seeing an NES Classic show up on it before midnight around the Christmas shopping season. I should have bought one since it was up for around 30 minutes on the site until it disappeared.

Poppy

My order's still processing. Could I be an exception and get my SNES? Is my order done?

Hold me, Gaf.

image.php

conpfreak

SNES Classic Pre-Order at Walmart cancelled. But the reasoning was that the product was made available earlier than the release date? Wasn't it a Pre-Order? And does that mean all pre-orders will be cancelled?

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Question, are the Amazon UK pre-orders still holding up?

Mine is still there, but I'm honestly expecting it to be cancelled.

I ordered a Breath of the Wild Deluxe Edition strategy guide from Amazon UK since I never saw it in stock on the US site before launch and it was cancelled a couple of days before launch day with "unable to ship to the US" cited as the reason. : /

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I genuinely feel bad for you guys, I can't fathom why Nintendo are making you suffer so much. I actually feel guilty for pre-ordering one even though I'm not sure if I'll keep it, I did it because I could tbh.

Ridiculous behaviour from them.

Ceravic

Mine was cancelled too. Bummer. I had a NES Classic that I sold to a friend for $60 thinking I'd be able to eventually find another one, and never got one of those. I was pretty stoked to have grabbed this one.

Aggravating that I got the cancellation email at 2:30 and a release date update email for it at 4:59. It's like they still want me to keep that sliver of hope...

Sulik2

I genuinely feel bad for you guys, I can't fathom why Nintendo are making you suffer so much. I actually feel guilty for pre-ordering one even though I'm not sure if I'll keep it, I did it because I could tbh.

Ridiculous behaviour from them.

Incompetence. They don't want to invest in proper market research and manufacturing to support the demand for the classic consoles or to raise the price to an appropriate level for the supply. It's stupid managers making stupid decisions at multiple levels of the supply chain. It's costing then a fortune in lost revenue that I am really surprised their major share holders are not screaming hysterically about.

Ceravic

I just got my cancellation email. That last line tho...

Yeah, they could send all of us who got pre-orders links to pre-order it in the e-mail before it goes live for everyone else. They won't do it, but if they really cared about earning business back that's what they'd do.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Yeah, they could send all of us who got pre-orders links to pre-order it in the e-mail before it goes live for everyone else. They won't do it, but if they really cared about earning business back that's what they'd do.

Nintendo would probably view that as them honoring the early preorders and would likely shut it down.

I had one order canceled and the other order I got an email that the pre order date had changed.

I think that order is good...?

Based on what I have read, no pre-orders will be kept and you will get a second cancellation eventually.

Markitron

Man, this made me laugh so much hard than it should have...my condolences if his pre-order does get cancelled.

Seems that it's the hope that is doing most of that damage.

cucuchu

To anyone that has not received their cancellation emails yet, please check your other inboxes because mine was in my gmail under "Promotions". Just found mine, sent a few hours ago.

kaskade

To anyone that has not received their cancellation emails yet, please check your other inboxes because mine was in my gmail under "Promotions". Just found mine, sent a few hours ago.

Yeah, I thought it would've been where I get my order status updates.

Pretty shitty of them for doing this.

marrec

Banned
Got my order cancellation e-mail on one of the accounts that I ordered from. Then got an order update e-mail changing the date of my order from Oct 5th to Sept 29th.

Thanks Walmart.

The way the email is written, it feels like a directive from NOA to prevent pre-orders on this. They WANT the clusterfuck of overnight camp outs for this shit.

I was in the first wave of cancellations so I don't even get these nice "here's the real reason we cancelled your order, we're sorry" emails all you bastards are getting. I got the "we're lying about your payment info being incorrect" email.

Stupid fuckers. My payment info was correct enough to sell me the Splatoon 2 Pro Controller I ordered hours before the SNES Mini went up, which is now sitting on my desk.

I got the cancellation email, and then a couple hours later I got a 'Pre-Order updated!' email with my pending order with the correct release + delivery date

What gives?

I just checked my account and the order is still there with the new release date. Am I safe?

How long do I have to wait before I can sue Walmart for "stealing my money" RE: got the cancellation email but the charge hold is still on my card? lmao.

I'm poor and need those $87 to buy food for family, and Walmart is robbing it from me without even giving me the product I paid for.

:D

I got the cancellation email, and then a couple hours later I got a 'Pre-Order updated!' email with my pending order with the correct release + delivery date

What gives?

I just checked my account and the order is still there with the new release date. Am I safe?

Same here. I assume it will be canceled eventually.

So hours ago they send me a cancellation email(By the way my order is still processing) now they send me this email:

We wanted to let your know that your preorder item release date has changed. The updated release date is 09/29/2017.
Please review your order details below.
We're sorry if this date change is an inconvenience. The product manufacturer controls the release date for this product and we'll ship it to you as quickly as we can once it's released.
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center. Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is unmonitored.
-Your Walmart Customer Care Team

LOL so whats the point if they are canceling it anyway

Malice215

I thought the Walmart preorder was too good to be true when I put my order in. The blame goes to NoA because other regions have taken preorders without this jackassery.

I learned my lesson from the NES Classic and joined the Mr. Worldwide club as a backup, and pray to Pitbull daily that my European order doesn't get cancelled.

Top Bottom