• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

No no, for the SNES Classic.

I believed you when you said that was a generic message.

Oh yeah, just didn't want anyone to get false hopes about them working on a 'solution'. The message is very poorly worded and might lead one to believe they are going to try to restore the orders at some point.

JayBabay

Just got the "order was for sure cancelled" E-mail. Guess we duke it out just like the NES Classic a few days before release online, and on the day of outside.

Can you guys bother to read a couple posts before posting the same thing over and over again? These. Orders. Are. Cancelled...All. Of. Them.

The emails about the date changes are automatic emails being generated as the cancellation process happens on the backend. Give it a day or two and your order status will be updated on the Walmart website.

THERE IS NO HOPE. (I am in this mess too. Don't hold on anymore. Let go and accept this fate).

So what you're saying is, is that people with an active preorder should cancel right now because there's no hope
and totally not because the less preorders there are the more likely you get to keep yours.
I got you, buddy. 😉😉😉

Madame M

Banned
So if this was a mistake does that mean when Walmart does have online preorders they will announce in advance when it will go up? Or will it just be another random time shitshow?

tbh either option sounds like a joke anyway

So if this was a mistake does that mean when Walmart does have online preorders they will announce in advance when it will go up? Or will it just be another random time shitshow?

tbh either option sounds like a joke anyway

Their email makes it sound like they won't do preorders at all. Target has said they will do them, and they did for the NES Classic, so they might be the only hope.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Their email makes it sound like they won't do preorders at all. Target has said they will do them, and they did for the NES Classic, so they might be the only hope.
Did they have a limit for how many NES Classics could be pre-ordered per account/person? I completely understand if they have a "1 per customer" rule, but I'm hoping to at least get one extra for a friend.

Owari

Sure am glad I imported one of these so I don't have to worry about it anymore. The better version too. I still want the US one though.

paolo11

I got the email from Walmart about change of release date but no cancellation email yet. I mean I don't want it cancelled lol.

I partied really hard Friday night after I got the preorder because I was so happy. Now I'm having a round of drinks to mourn this loss lol.

I have a New 2DS XL coming on Friday because you have been able to put a preorder in at multiple retailers ever since the announcement because unlike this piece of shit strategy, this is how things should work.

Did they have a limit for how many NES Classics could be pre-ordered per account/person? I completely understand if they have a "1 per customer" rule, but I'm hoping to at least get one extra for a friend.

I'm not sure if they limited them, but I believe they did not, which angered people.

They also put them up for preorder about 2 months before release... So, right around now.

JABEE

Just got the "order was for sure cancelled" E-mail. Guess we duke it out just like the NES Classic a few days before release online, and on the day of outside.
And by duke it out, you mean clicking F5 and being beaten out to add items to your cart by bots.

Overtech

Neo Member
Just got the email saying the updated they delivery date on my order. This was hours after I got the email saying they were going to cancel the order. Walmart is just dicking with me now.

CHC

Still holding tight here....

2 SNES Classics, Walmart, new account, paid with PayPal.

In fact, got an email saying that the order has been "changed" as of tonight at 7:30 PM EST and is now shipping on 9/29/2017

Ouroboros

In fact, got an email saying that the order has been "changed" as of tonight at 7:30 PM EST and is now shipping on 9/29/2017

You're just hurting yourself. The dream is dead.

CHC

You're just hurting yourself. The dream is dead.

Honestly I'm not that worried either way, I ordered just because it was available and rare. I'll maybe keep one and sell one to a friend or something. Is it definitely getting cancelled, though?

I partied really hard Friday night after I got the preorder because I was so happy. Now I'm having a round of drinks to mourn this loss lol.

I have a New 2DS XL coming on Friday because you have been able to put a preorder in at multiple retailers ever since the announcement because unlike this piece of shit strategy, this is how things should work.

TBH I've been kinda thinking about getting a New 2DS XL as well lol. I never had a 3DS and have missed Fire Emblem.

Honestly I'm not that worried either way, I ordered just because it was available and rare. I'll maybe keep one and sell one to a friend or something. Is it definitely getting cancelled, though?

Yes, the reason you were charged is because Wal-Mart always charges you when you use PayPal and places a hold if you use a card.

Just got the cancel email. Fuck you, Wal Mart.

Why were people insisting it's Nintendo's fault they're canceling?

Because people are dumb.

RedZaraki

Banned
The problem is that Nintendo could make 10 TIMES as many SNES classics as NES classics and it STILL would not be enough.

Tons of people that want this product are getting left high and dry, and it's all because Nintendo is intentionally trying to make it a "rare" collector's item.

Fuck that.

Ouroboros

Yeah, it seems like everyone on here are getting theirs cancelled. I had mine cancelled this afternoon and had the same variables as you did. New account, paypal, and updated to release date....then BAM cancelled.

Sorry friend, it will be cancelled.

I got the email stating they fucked up, then I got an email stating that the pre-order date was changed to 09/29/17, and then later today got the We've had to cancel email.

I would be very, very surprised if anyone that placed a pre-order during this "glitch" got to keep theirs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I look forward to when Nintendo World Store will have them at launch, but only for the first 21 people who line up without a pre-order & bring at least 5 physical copies of games that're included on the SNES Classic & an actual SNES.

I got the that email too. Followed by the official cancellation.

Top Bottom