• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Looks like something is happening on Walmart.com. The item description switched from "coming soon" (or something similar) to "This item is no longer available".

Keep refreshing the page, chaps. I just got two preorders in (one store pickup, one shipped) in the last 10 minutes. Refresh the product page until you get a preorder button, then keep clicking checkout until you get through to shipping/store pickup, then keep clicking continue until you get to the next screen.

fyzm7357

Keep refreshing the page, chaps. I just got two preorders in (one store pickup, one shipped) in the last 10 minutes. Refresh the product page until you get a preorder button, then keep clicking checkout until you get through to shipping/store pickup, then keep clicking continue until you get to the next screen.

Same. Kept hitting refresh and I finally got one!

Klocker

Damn, it was in stock when I first opened the page and by the time I got to it, was no longer available.

I'm still grieving.

cordy

Banned
Fuck for some reason Best Buy isn't accepting my paypal nor my debit card. I had this issue when I preordered the Switch from there so now I'm forced to wait until another retailer has it up. This fucking sucks.

zma1013

On the Walmart page and in the "Customers Also Considered..." area there is a Koopa Troopa Turtle Amiibo and it's staring at me and it looks like it's laughing at me as I hit refresh.

Might as well stay up until 3
Just like the Breath of the Wild Master Edition!

Still can't remember why I was still up at three in the morning that night, but wow was I so happy when I got my Master Edition preorder!
I feel you...I'm waiting till 12 then sleeping.
Haha it sucks cause we have no idea when Amazon will flip the switch. It's 12:30 AM over here plus I'm in the hospital so I can't move too much. That's gonna make it harder!

NeOak

Do you need to stay awake? Does coffee not help? No problem! Follow @Wario64 to try to get a SNES Classic. You will not sleep, guaranteed.

jrcbandit

Just because Best Buy sold some tonight why is everyone assuming Amazon or Walmart/Target will? Last year, Amazon announced the pre-order date/time for NES in advance and it sold out in less than 30 seconds from all the scalper bots ;p.

cordy

Banned
Just because Best Buy sold some tonight why is everyone assuming Amazon or Walmart/Target will? Last year, Amazon announced the pre-order date/time for NES in advance and it sold out in less than 30 seconds from all the scalper bots ;p.

People aren't expecting an announcement this time, they're expecting it to automatically go up.

lucius

It's like I shouldn't even bother because if I go through waiting then rushing to any website that starts the preorder then if I am lucky it goes through getting a cancellation email a few days later seems worse to me.

NolbertoS

Nintendo and other retailers want to avoid scalper bots. This 10:30pm release was to prevent bots from ordering and not give scalpers more chance to buy multiple copies. The Master Sword Edition was also released at an ungodly time, so chances of Amazon releasing soon are high

JayBabay

Wow I actually got one through for Store Pickup and just got my confirmation e-mail.

I was taking a late nap and woke up just as it was sold out, managed to squeeze one through when it kept going in and out of stock.

What are the odds they actually fulfill a store pickup? I feel like the chance it 1/100 for them to actually put one to the side and not sell it to people lined up outside.

NeOak

Wow I actually got one through for Store Pickup and just got my confirmation e-mail.

I was taking a late nap and woke up just as it was sold out, managed to squeeze one through when it kept going in and out of stock.

What are the odds they actually fulfill a store pickup? I feel like the chance it 1/100 for them to actually put one to the side and not sell it to people lined up outside.

Don't they hold those in a separate area?

Bestbuy has been great for me with in store pre orders. Never had an issue with them.

Zen Aku

One time I ordered Kingdom Hearts 3D CE and did in store pickup. Got there early that morning and decided to browse a bit before picking it up. Some idiot employee sold my CE to a guy who only ordered a regular edition. I was upset, but they gave me a $25 gift card and gave me 20% off on the normal edition so it was okay. Still, I wouldn't really wanna risk that again. I'm sure their system is much more reliable now, even though that was user error.

NolbertoS

My local BB are very strict about pre-orders. They wouldn't even let casual people buy some Switches rhey had in the back of a cage because they were all pre-ordered with tags.

Top Bottom