• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Reading the listing, one strange thing that sticks out in the mention of including two controllers. Or is that true for the package?
That's true for the package.

But I still don't trust this link. Amazon has a bad habit of creating phantom preorder pages that never get fulfilled and later creating or updating a second listing that is legit. Happened to me with a movie recently. Wasn't a big deal, as I was looking to cancel that order anyway, but still.

Sillution

I have no clue what that amazon snes preorder link is but.... I preordered whatever is it. Will cancel it if its not the real SNES classic.

True in the real packaging. This looks like an early posting by Amazon. Preorder and you can cancel if needed.

That's true for the package.

But I still don't trust this link. Amazon has a bad habit of creating phantom preorder pages that never get fulfilled and later creating or updating a second listing that is legit. Happened to me with a movie recently. Wasn't a big deal, as I was looking to cancel that order anyway, but still.

Oh, nice.

Worst case I'll cancel if need be.

Link_enfant

"Nintendo Digital Downloads"
Is there any possibility that they announce some kind of digital SNES Classic that you can buy on your Switch if you don't want the actual item?
Just suggesting.

That link looks like the real deal.
To me it looks shady with the strange item name, sort of like a third-party knockoff? No familiarity with the brand, and google isn't helping. ...I ordered one anyway.
"Nintendo Digital Downloads"
Is there any possibility that they announce some kind of digital SNES Classic that you can buy on your Switch if you don't want the actual item?
Just suggesting.
Interesting theory. It's Nintendo, so no level of creepy oddities are out of bounds.

JABEE

Me too, and based on the description, I think it's a stealth launch of the Pre-Order to give fans a chance to get it before scalperbots...

Amazon sometimes posts items early with weird descriptions as they are filling them out.

I preordered the PS4 in February when the official preorder didn't start until June.

Toki767

To me it looks shady with the strange item name, sort of like a third-party knockoff? No familiarity with the brand, and google isn't helping. ...I ordered one anyway.

Same name is used for the official blue joy-con set though. That's why I think it's legit.

unknown.png

RussellXV

Interesting theory. It's Nintendo, so no level of creepy oddities are out of bounds.

Says it’s shipped and sold by Amazon. Can’t go wrong with placing an order.

Whoever discovered this first seems to have scooped even Wario (who just tweeted about it now). Kudos!

Waiting to see if I get a pending on my credit card. That would suggest it's legit.

R-User!

Amazon sometimes posts items early with weird descriptions as they are filling them out.

I preordered the PS4 in February when the official preorder didn't start until June.

Oh I see. Well, I don't mind being wrong. I am glad to just get a preorder for what looks like it'll be the item we're all dying for.

When using he search string Super Nintendo Classic Edition for the last month only a picture of the box with the Currently Unavailble tag beneath it. This new listing just happens to come up just a couple of hours after Best Buy throws theirs up. I would think that's too much of a coincidence, so I'd wager 10 bucks that this is the preorder we're looking for!

Apparently someone had a talk with a rep and the rep told him it's the real deal.
DH0ilzoVoAATViq

Obviously it's not 100 percent confirmed still but this might mean it's happening either now or very soonish.

Whoever discovered this first seems to have scooped even Wario (who just tweeted about it now). Kudos!

Waiting to see if I get a pending on my credit card. That would suggest it's legit.

Yeah I came across it just searching amazon for "SNES Classic" thinking the nowinstock.net link might be borked so I checked manually just in case. Missed out on the NES Classic and that sucked so I'm tryin to be on top of the SNES preorders. Can't afford to pay a scalper $500 :(

Oh I see. Well, I don't mind being wrong. I am glad to just get a preorder for what looks like it'll be the item we're all dying for.

When using he search string Super Nintendo Classic Edition for the last month only a picture of the box with the Currently Unavailble tag beneath it. This new listing just happens to come up just a couple of hours after Best Buy throws theirs up. I would think that's too much of a coincidence, so I'd wager 10 bucks that this is the preorder we're looking for!
Man, I hope so!!!

If this falls through too after the Walmart debacle, I'll be doubly disappointed. :(

Yeah I came across it just searching amazon for "SNES Classic" thinking the nowinstock.net link might be borked so I checked manually just in case.
Doing the Lord's work for GAF. Much appreciated.

Put 2 in my order. Amazon has in the past knocked quantities down to 1 if restrictions come up, if I recall? Hopefully this means I just finished my 90% of my holiday shopping and I might get actual kudos for effort for a change.

Tabasco

Yeah I came across it just searching amazon for "SNES Classic" thinking the nowinstock.net link might be borked so I checked manually just in case. Missed out on the NES Classic and that sucked so I'm tryin to be on top of the SNES preorders. Can't afford to pay a scalper $500 :(
For the record, IGN tweeted it out before Wario did.

Top Bottom