• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

69efc4a3f8.png

Come on man.

Tabasco

I feel like there will be a bunch of cancellations, especially from the people that ordered multiples.

No way it would be up for pre-order this long.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Nintendo should put the games and emulator on a switch cart and charge $50. Sell like hotcakes and satisfy supply victims.

I'd double dip for portability and if they did a kind of BOPA code with the mini itself they could drive switch purchase demand

I'm outside the USA using a non-USA card and I have always been able to order anything from Amazon.

I think he meant shipping the product outside the US. I tried and they wouldn't let me ship this SNES Classic (while I ordered a Switch a few days ago and it let me ship it internationally). It can be random on what items will ship outside the US and which won't.

Can't believe I managed to get a preorder in at both Best Buy and Amazon. If both orders are indeed legit and manage to go through I'd be more than happy to help out someone here on Gaf who happened to miss the preorder times and wanted a console. Only need one order for myself and I absolutely refuse to scalp this thing.

Jinroh

I'm outside the USA using a non-USA card and I have always been able to order anything from Amazon.
Yes I know I've ordered plenty of things in the past and never had a problem. But I'm telling you it doesn't work with this particular order. Why are you trying to argue about it?

Toki767

Nintendo should put the games and emulator on a switch cart and charge $50. Sell like hotcakes and satisfy supply victims.

I'd double dip for portability and if they did a kind of BOPA code with the mini itself they could drive switch purchase demand

Or.

They could just launch the damn Virtual Console service.

Yet again no email notifications from Amazon as promised and not available on us store. Are you guys preorders from us store?
I've never heard of their email alerts actually working for big ticket items. Their mailer gets swamped and most never manage to get sent before the product goes OOS.

They did send some emails out for an amiibo wave or two, detailing the time they'd go on sale, but IIRC they were their own thing unrelated the to the product alert subscriptions.

I had to order a back up order with a single SNES Classic just in case Amazon cancels my main order of four SNES Classics. That's it for me, I'm done this race. I have more than enough to give as gifts and what not. Not selling a single one.

sonto340

They seem to be popping in and out of availability. Guessing cancellations or card purchase failures
If a card fails it gives you 24 hours to get your shit together. It happened to me because I don’t get paid for 4 more hours but I’ve still got my order. They’re likely metering it out a bit at a time for. Some reason?

If it ends up being legit I'm going to be so damn happy. What are the fucking odds that I wake up in the middle of the night to find I missed out on the Best Buy pre-order, get majorly disappointed, and then 1 hour later I get on the Amazon one.

ReyVGM

Yes I know I've ordered plenty of things in the past and never had a problem. But I'm telling you it doesn't work with this particular order. Why are you trying to argue about it?

Because like I said, I'm outside the USA and I was able to order it just fine?

The Llama

Of all the nights to randomly wake up at 450am...

Ordered, well, something off Amazon. Guess I'll find out in a few weeks whether this was crazy enough to work lol.

Top Bottom