• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Figured I sign into all the websites so I'd be set to quickly order but I can't sign into GameStop. I just get a 'serve was unable to process your request' message every time. Anyone else having a problem signing in?

Fox Mulder

It's definitely to drive headlines. This is Nintendo's tickle me elmo, beanie babies, or whatever other popular toy there was driving people into a foaming animalistic frenzy. They have people scoping the popular social media sites and forums for feedback, including this site I'm sure. They know exactly what they're doing.

The NES classic actually replaced feelings of fun and nostalgia with hate and made me question why I even care about Nintendo. This no stock scalper shit happens with almost everything they make.

I just let it go. If I can't buy one easily in stores, oh well. There's plenty of things to spend money on instead.

UCBooties

jesus fucking christ its like they are taking cues from Nintendo. Why not just give us a damn TIME? Some of us have shit to do and cant sit around all day refreshing goddamn web pages and twitter.

Sometimes I am tempted to just pay scalper prices for the simpme convenienceof not dealing with this anti-co sumer horseshit.

It's an internal heads up, not an announcement to consumers. They're warning their associates so the people working aren't blind-sided when pre-orders go up and they get rushed.

gweemz

Still have one in my cart at BB. I believe that if I keep hitting checkout it will eventually let me buy it. It's the only hope I have right now.

tesqui

what the heck kind of time did Amazon drop that? lmao I stayed up until 3 am EST just in case they dropped, but I wasn't expecting it to go up an hour later.. Was that my only chance for a preorder from them?

We are entering the Danger Zone, again!

1O9ZTdV.jpg

Smellycat

Since the Amazon preorder page was different than the listed one, that pretty much means the "official" one has yet to open, right?

NolbertoS

I hate that it was so easy to get a SNES preorder in the UK, and it is so hard to get one in USA. :( It is very unfair. Good luck, everyone.

I never thought being a UK SNES fan would ever become an advantageous position.

Thats because Brexit scared alot of people on the continent to order from the UK for shipping. Also there are less scalpers in the UK it seems, as you got people with bots trying to order as many copies.

NolbertoS

Too much to quote.. but FUCCCCK :(

Yeah I woke up too and found out late. I got lucky with one at BB but wanted a 2nd one as a gift from Amazon. Amazon is known to release a 2nd patch close to release day, due to cancelled orders, multiple people abusing the system with multiple orders, etc. I expect some more to trickle down the road.

The NES classic actually replaced feelings of fun and nostalgia with hate and made me question why I even care about Nintendo. This no stock scalper shit happens with almost everything they make.

I just let it go. If I can't buy one easily in stores, oh well. There's plenty of things to spend money on instead.

Oh I'm right there with you. As soon as I logged on GAF this morning and caught wind of this shit, I had an immediate 'why the fuck do I continue to do this to myself' thought. I think what irritates me most, as someone who grew up with the SNES( it was the second console I bought with my own money, genesis being the first), there is an intangible quality to this device. I'm 40 years old in 3 months, nostalgia is REALLY kicking in for me at the moment, and this system was a defining part of my childhood. It represents the summers I spent hustling cutting my neighbors grass so I could afford a few games( and the system). It represents my holiday and birthday wishlist from like 1992 to 96. It represents my best friend teaching me how to play Street Fighter II, as I didn't have any arcades left in my country when it came out and I had no clue how to throw a dragon punch or fireball. It represents countless hours of shit-talking over Mario kart battle mode, hours of investment in chrono trigger and final fantasy III, and friendships gained( and even lost) in the school yard debating genesis and SNES. That's what the SNES means to me, and by extension this mini system. That a lot of people are going to scalp this system, many of which I'm betting didn't even live through that era....but simply sees the Mini as a means of profit.....it just.......fucking irritates me how Nintendo botches these things. Forgive the salt and the melodrama.

Top Bottom