• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

I had no trouble preordering one with Game, back when it was first announced. The trouble others are having is making me worried though. Game aren't exactly reliable, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to find I won't actually be getting one for some stupid reason.

Even tho I managed to get a US pre-order, I think I'll keep my EU backup pre-order as well. I grew up with the US design, but I find dat EU design much sexier.

BiggNife

Whelp, glad I still have my Amazon UK preorder

Holding out for Gamestop/Target/Walmart/TRU but I'm not particularly optimistic

(and yes, if I get a US one I'll cancel my EU one. I'm not trying to scalp, I just want a fucking system.)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I had Wario64 alerts set up for like 3 weeks, but a man can only deal with his phone vibrating every 5 minutes for so long.

Haha, I totally am with you there. I was actually asleep and it woke me up. I almost always turn it off while I sleep.

had this in my amazon cart then dropped it when i thought of my nes classic that has gone untouched for months... this thing is dumb, nintendo is dumb, i'm gonna use that money to buy mario and rabbids i reckon. good luck to those that want to acquire one of these, i know it isn't easy

I killed the vibrating function and just did the banners, I'm up around 19 hours a day (thanks toddler that doesn't sleep!), and my phone is always by me.

Minions

No wonder I missed threads. I generally don't browse GAF when I'm asleep.

Ugh, fuck Nintendo so much for this. Such a piece of shit company when it comes to hardware.

I don't when I sleep either. But the discord sent like 10 notifications and woke me up. Gonna be a long day at work, but worth it.

Setzer

No wonder I missed threads. I generally don't browse GAF when I'm asleep.

Ugh, fuck Nintendo so much for this. Such a piece of shit company when it comes to hardware.

This. And fuck Best Buy and Amazon too for giving no advance notice when their pre-orders were going live.

I can forgive them for the NES classic. I can believe that they truly didn't know how much the demand would be.

If the same thing happens for the SNES, they are a terrible company.

All it shows is that they want to create hype and have people line up at the Nintendo store for months every single day trying to get one. It creates headlines when a product is driving people to go that far.

This isn't some high tech next gen device that is hampered by production issues.

It's just Nintendo being Nintendo. Shitty.

It's definitely to drive headlines. This is Nintendo's tickle me elmo, beanie babies, or whatever other popular toy there was driving people into a foaming animalistic frenzy. They have people scoping the popular social media sites and forums for feedback, including this site I'm sure. They know exactly what they're doing.

So let's say when this Gamestop announcement happens, do they do online preorders for this? I never bought something from Gamestop's website before.

Grady

Have had one in my Best buy cart for hours. Waiting for it to go live again so I can get quick checkout. Sucks being able to add to cart and be denied when I go to pay. Should give you a chance to checkout. Like a 5 kinute window or something.

$250 bundle with console, special edition book, carrying case and various amiibos from SNES franchises.

No way they would be that generous. It would be plushies that only cost them 25 cents alongside a keychain that has Mario holding a SNES Mini and saying, "Got my SNES Mini.
Got yours?"

Kusagari

Just check the thinkgeek website for whatever stupid Nintendo stuff they can't get rid of.

That's what will be bundled with it.

special announcement happening later today.

jesus fucking christ its like they are taking cues from Nintendo. Why not just give us a damn TIME? Some of us have shit to do and cant sit around all day refreshing goddamn web pages and twitter.

Sometimes I am tempted to just pay scalper prices for the simpme convenienceof not dealing with this anti-co sumer horseshit.

sotojuan

The one day I am off work (so not chained to a desk w/ computer) and have activities outside for most of the day. Man, I have awful luck.

In regards to the above, my original post said that the Walmart preorders are going up at 10 am PST, my buddy works for Walmarts e-commerce division.

Just wanted to surface this again since a lot of people are asking.

Smellycat

Amazon went up? :(

I stayed up till 3:30 and couldn't do it anymore. There is no way I would have lasted till 5 though.

I got one from Best Buy for a friend. I want one for me now.

Top Bottom