• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

shira

tHjMmrW.png

giphy.gif

Backlogger

1000s of scalpers aren't buying up dozens or more of the Switch game to resell. I feel confident that, if scalping were removed from the equation, all GAF members would get a pre-order early-on. The only way Nintendo would be able to fight this issue would be to massively over-produce such that the scalpers would be wasting their time. Enough that they would literally be 100s sitting on shelves after demand was met after Christmas. This thing is the scalping "golden ticket". They are all gunning for it, and even casual resellers are getting in on this action.

But I don't get why Nintendo is making these limited run items. There is virtually no reason on their end to do that. Its literally printing money for them. This should be a staple product for them for at least a couple of years.

Fjordson

With the media previews and other outlets putting pre-orders up I'm feeling slightly safer that Best Buy won't just cancel them all.

Still won't be relaxed until it's connected to my TV.

But I don't get why Nintendo is making these limited run items. There is virtually no reason on their end to do that. Its literally printing money for them. This should be a staple product for them for at least a couple of years.

Because it's gotta be that special one-time only Holiday product! That or they seriously do not care about money.

This is so wild. They don't understand the demand wasn't just there, it increased since the announcement of the SNES, and their production increase really doesn't mean anything if they can't even properly gauge and approach their own market.

I could honestly say a lot, but I don't feel like going into potential tinfoil hat territory.

I recall it being extremely easy to pre-order the PS4 and XB1 from most major online retailers almost immediately after they unveiled their devices. They sold out of their initial allotments pretty quick, but it wasn't like you had to be some F5 kung-fu master to get one.

FWIW, Target's product listing just changed from "SNES Classic Edition" to "Nintendo® Super NES Classic Edition". Also the Walmart page has updated from "Information Unavailable" to a normal OOS page. Probably won't be long now.

Sulik2

They should just make more

They seem to be unable to make more. Likely a major supply chain issue they don't want to spend the money to change. If supply is limited the actual answer is limit demand. MSRP $199 and scalpers are gone, but Nintendo still sells every unit they make.

sleepnaught

Some junior earlier said his friend worked at the .com division of Walmart and it was going live at 10am PST. Grains of salt and all that. But could be true?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm almost definitely going to be out at lunch at 1. My phone better not fail me.

Top Bottom