• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Game Collecting (Tips, discussion, and info for like minded collectors)

Chucker

Not yet, said he (she? the address references a woman) would stick to normal repros for now, but if so, the fee would be the same.

I just talked to him/her. They said they'd do it, but only for games that had fan translations. I'm gonna send FFIV and V. I already have FF3e so I'm not gonna waste money on my VI. Wish somebody did a CT fanslation, because I have the SFC copy of that too.

Thanks again to Drain You for sending me that DKC3 a couple months back. I still haven't played it as my life has been consumed by Persona 4 and wife graduation stuff. But, the last few nights my nephew has been playing it. He plays the first and third, apparently doesn't care for the second one or something.

AufHAyQ.jpg

Reminds me of the time I entertained all of my cousins' kids (multiple cousins) with DKC2...they were enraptured...but they needed my help a lot lol

Reminds me of the time I entertained all of my cousins' kids (multiple cousins) with DKC2...they were enraptured...but they needed my help a lot lol

He plays Mario, Sonic, Kirby, and Donkey Kong every night. He's going to be real sad in a couple weeks when my wife and I move back out of my parents house now that she's done interning in the area.

Teknoman

I just talked to him/her. They said they'd do it, but only for games that had fan translations. I'm gonna send FFIV and V. I already have FF3e so I'm not gonna waste money on my VI. Wish somebody did a CT fanslation, because I have the SFC copy of that too.

Whoa really? Guess I need to get FFIV and V SFC. Cheap CoBs too :D And yeah I agree about CT. Same situation for me with FF IIIe as well.

FFIV SFC would be the standard hard type right? I guess I could even buy a SD3 CoB and get that translated too.

Oh and Treasures of the Rudra arrived today:

jfr1b5zP5xtcI.jpg

jCpz2uIZAV1wq.jpg

And I won The King of the Dragons NA version on ebay for 30 bucks...good price?

Grief.exe

He plays Mario, Sonic, Kirby, and Donkey Kong every night. He's going to be real sad in a couple weeks when my wife and I move back out of my parents house now that she's done interning in the area.

That is how you raise a child.

Not screaming over Xbox Live playing COD, on the classics.

Chucker

Whoa really? Guess I need to get FFIV and V SFC. Cheap CoBs too :D And yeah I agree about CT. Same situation for me with FF IIIe as well.

FFIV SFC would be the standard hard type right? I guess I could even buy a SD3 CoB and get that translated too.
I'd assume it'd be FFIV hard type, yeah.

I'd do SD3, but I already have a "SoM2" cart.

RE: Raising kids, here is my 2 year old, she dug out Kirby's Dreamland 3 on her own.
Lily wants to play Kirby.

led4lyfe

Finally found a decent CL ad the other day.

$40 for

Yellow'ed Snes (with 2x controllers)
Battletoads & Double Dragon
Super Mario World
Mortal Kombat 3
Killer Instinct
Street Fighter 2

This guy liked his fighting games! I was hoping to finally find a snes bundle in my area for cheaper, but for the last couple months this was the only reasonable ad I've found.

Tadale

Been wanting to get a repro of this for forever:

Fc5PwUJ.jpg

Fuck yeah.

Looks like a lot of fun. I've got the GBA version, but I'd like to get the Super Famicom version sometime.

EDIT: I kinda think it's crazy that we got soccer but not Mega Man and Bass, even if it's mostly a rehash.

Yeah, I played the GBA version back when it came out. Think I've only played as Bass, not Mega Man. Kind of the last repro I really want. I'll get some more eventually I'm sure, but this was the last off my 'tragedy it never came out here' list.

Tadale

Mega Man 7 and MM&Bass are both really underrated, I think. I love the NES games, but the SNES stuff is just as good. So is 8.

entremet

Yeah, I played the GBA version back when it came out. Think I've only played as Bass, not Mega Man. Kind of the last repro I really want. I'll get some more eventually I'm sure, but this was the last off my 'tragedy it never came out here' list.

This game is like the hardest Mega Man I've ever played.

Just picked up a total gem on ebay -- Skyblazer.

It's like Mega Man, but with a world map ala SMW and really awesome level design and graphics. I'm shocked I never heard of it until I randomly grabbed it because it looked cool and was cheap. Cool puzzles, good controls.

Anyone else know this game?

It's like Mega Man, but with a world map ala SMW and really awesome level design and graphics. I'm shocked I never heard of it until I randomly grabbed it because it looked cool and was cheap. Cool puzzles, good controls.

Played it a few months back for the first time after some people here recommended it. It is indeed awesome. I just saw it yesterday locally for $6. Think I paid $15 for mine on ebay, so that sucked seeing.

Teknoman

Me. Snagged one at flea market a month or so ago. It really is a great game that more people should give a shot. I cant figure out how to beat that rolling eyeball though.

A gem indeed. Fantastic little game. A buddy and I played it to the final boss a couple years ago. Nice mechanics that really hold up well, solid controls and great graphics. Highly recommended for collectors because its cheap, holds up well, and is a SNES exclusive.

Did you happen to notice who published the game? And the year it was released? Think about it. :)

Michan

Where was the original PlayStation shown off? I've only ever seen low resolution photos, but would love to find something higher-res.

Teknoman

I found the article on Kotaku, but it does look like the system I remember seeing in a magazine article awhile back. Also had no idea the Playstation was going to be the Powerstation at some point.

Dont think it was answered, but is 30 bucks a good price for King of Dragons?

Zing

Banned
Is there anything I should know about the Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World cart?

Any differences, any problems, etc
My biggest complaint, and the reason I don't play this version, is the sound quality. The music has that SNES general midi sound, and there is far too much reverb on the sound effects. It drives me crazy. At least they didn't add all those useless voices like in the GBA games.

Celine

Thanks again to Drain You for sending me that DKC3 a couple months back. I still haven't played it as my life has been consumed by Persona 4 and wife graduation stuff. But, the last few nights my nephew has been playing it. He plays the first and third, apparently doesn't care for the second one or something.

AufHAyQ.jpg
Seeing this picture warm my heart.

I'm still debating when my nephew will get to play my VG collection.

IrishNinja

45 dollars for Turtles in Time and like nearly 60 for contra 3.

I think I'm going to bite and buy them next time.

this is the world we live in
and these are the hands we're given
Use them and let's start trying
To make it a place worth living in

45 dollars for Turtles in Time and like nearly 60 for contra 3.

I think I'm going to bite and buy them next time.

I don't know what this post is about, but those aren't good prices (terrible C3 price) if you're talking cart only and in the US.

Seeing this picture warm my heart.

I'm still debating when my nephew will get to play my VG collection.

He does well with them. He got mad when playing with my other nephew one night and threw a SNES controller. I turned it all off and told him he was done for the night, and the next night when he came back and wanted to play I told him if he ever did it again he wouldn't be playing my stuff. So, he's never done it again.

He does have a slight habit of taking SNES games out without turning off the power. He doesn't do that with any of the other systems (NES, Geni, N64), I think it's because it's a SNES Jr so it doesn't have the light on it to tell you it's on.

Phatcorns

Does anyone remember what that HDMI thingie from Japan is called? It's like the something something mini and adds scanlines and makes the snes actually look good on HDTVs

Grief.exe

My biggest complaint, and the reason I don't play this version, is the sound quality. The music has that SNES general midi sound, and there is far too much reverb on the sound effects. It drives me crazy. At least they didn't add all those useless voices like in the GBA games.

Are you saying the other versions of Mario All Stars and Super Mario World are better?

Or you just prefer not to play SNES games because of the midi?

Zing

Banned
Are you saying the other versions of Mario All Stars and Super Mario World are better?

Or you just prefer not to play SNES games because of the midi?
I meant that the SNES versions of those games have audio that is grating to my ears.

But yes, overall, many SNES games do overuse the reverb. Even simple stuff like Mega Man X's buster sound is loaded with stereo reverb. I had to turn off my TVs audio processing because the buster reverb was being amplified so much.

Do you have one for NES/Famicom?

You can probably tell from the list at the top that no, I don't. I don't have any in progress either, other than the 32X (which I posted several years back on some other sites, but never posted here; it's a short list though, of course... I have like half of the games for the system, but that doesn't add up to much. :p). I was thinking of doing the Genesis next, unless I actually updated the 32X one a bit, added a few more games, and posted that.

As for the NES though... I have quite a few NES games (comparable to my SNES, N64, etc. collection in size), but haven't played that system nearly as much as the SNES or Genesis (or N64, for sure), so I don't know if I could do quite as good of a job... I'm sure I'll do one for it eventually though.

Well, either that or, since I got an Atari 7800 earlier this month, an "lttp" thread for the 2600 + 7800, like I did for the O2 but probably without so many pictures.

Top Bottom