• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Game Collecting (Tips, discussion, and info for like minded collectors)

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
The basic gameplay is the same on all platforms; the main difference is the graphics. Blizzard made the SNES version. Ingame it says "1995", but for whatever reason the game doesn't seem to have been released until 1997. This version looks a lot like Lost Vikings 1, as you might expect given the platform, except with the various additions the second game has on all formats. I like the first game more, for sure, as some of those additions were not improvements in my opinion. I prefer how the first game clearly separates the characters into different types, while the second games' new characters can jump and attack which removes some of the puzzle strategy the first game had. Sure, there are new abilities, but... eh, I like the purer focus of the first game. The werewolf and dragon character can do too much. That grappling hook is kind of a pain to use, too.

Anyway, Interplay also had a PS1/Saturn/PC enhancement of the game made, which was also released in 1997. Maybe they delayed the finished SNES game until the ports were done? This version is called "Norse by Norsewest: The Return of the Lost Vikings", and the port was not made by Blizzard but by another studio. The level designs and layouts are the same as the SNES game, but the graphics are all-new, with a CG art style, competently done voice acting for all the text, and an animated CG intro cutscene as well. I like the voice acting and cutscene(s), for sure, but the ingame graphics... there I'm not so sure. Decent CG rendered sprites versus drawn art? Could go either way there.

The PC version of Norse by Norsewest should be avoided, though. The DOS PC version of the first The Lost Vikings is great, but the second game? Avoid it! Unlike the first game, the second one does not support gamepads, so you have to use keyboard or a mapper mapping keyboard keys to a gamepad, which never works quite as well as native gamepad support does. Also the Windows version was a complete pain to get to run in fullscreen even back in the '90s, never mind today. At least it also works with DOS, DOSBox makes using that easier... but just stick with the PS1 or Saturn versions, if you want to play Norse by Norsewest. If you want to try out the game and see whether the somewhat expensive SNES game is worth the money, maybe get it on PS1 first -- that version is much cheaper!

Thanks! Sounds like ps1 for me yeah :)

Just put a chunk of my SNES (PAL) collection up for sale, is it ok to link it here?
On another note I'm so annoyed, I have Secret of Mana & Evermore hiding in my house somewhere, but can't find them!
My tip would be make sure you keep all your games in the same place as it's surprisingly easy to lose or accidentally buy a second copy :(

Where can we buy?

Starting to worry about my SD2SNES. It appears to have arrived in the states, but has just been sitting in New York for almost a week now:

hUqNHIb.png

Hope this is normal.

IrishNinja

^ive totally had that happen for days at a time, but yeah, a week seems odd. hopefully it's just not been tracked for the next stage yet? i'm hoping it was insured, but either way once it finds its way to you that's an amazing xmas gift for yourself!

Velinos

Starting to worry about my SD2SNES. It appears to have arrived in the states, but has just been sitting in New York for almost a week now:

Hope this is normal.

I have a package (RAM cart for my Sega CD so not quite SNES related) that hasn't been updated since the 11th as well. Hopefully it is just the weather and/or the holidays and not that the packages got lost.

dont worry itll get to you some things just take a ton of time to ship like the neogeo cd games i bought took 3 weeks to get to me

Yeah, I just did some Googling and found an ebay thread with tons of people bitching about international orders sitting for over a week with my exact status. So, I guess nothing to worry about yet.

Someone said it can show as at ICS for a week with no updates, and then just show up at your door the next day.

Mzo

Things have been sitting for a lot of USPS orders lately. I know they changed up their system sometime this year and it seems to have led to some weird re-routing and crazy, unexplained delays.

There's also inclement winter weather to consider.

You'll get your stuff, it'll just take a bit more than it used to and no one will tell you why.

Peagles

Yeah, I just did some Googling and found an ebay thread with tons of people bitching about international orders sitting for over a week with my exact status. So, I guess nothing to worry about yet.

A very kind US gaffer sent me a parcel recently, it was stuck on that status for a whiole month before randomly turning up at my door, despite delivery being estimated at something like 8 working days. The tracking was never updated. Well, it might be by now, but what use is that after delivery? Lol.

Visited three Salvation Army stores today and found next to nothing. The only game they had was a black cart version (unauthorized?) of gauntlet for $0.50, which I bought along with a mystery novel because I was so bummed at not finding anything.

Though, when I visited the second store and inquired about SNES games, one of the reps told me they had a working SNES console with 5 games come in. He said they put it on the floor at 1PM and by 1:05PM, someone had already bought it. =)

Velinos

Apparently USPS saw my post here because tracking got updated this morning. Yay!

Hero_of_the_Day, did yours update as well?

-KRS-

What's the best/safest way of cleaning cartridge shells without damaging the labels? Can I just use a lightly damped micro-fiber cloth? Can I use a little dishwashing soap? I'm mostly trying to get them to smell a little better. :p

Any tips?

This has probably been asked here before, but it's a large thread..

Velinos

I have used a damp paper towel to clean gunk off the label. Rubbing alcohol with some elbow grease works well for the rest of the cartridge. If you just want to make the cart smell better, wrap it in some dryer sheets and put it in a small box (the original box for the game works great).

Apparently USPS saw my post here because tracking got updated this morning. Yay!

Hero_of_the_Day, did yours update as well?

Nope.

My box of universal game cases arrived, though!

Probably won't get around to printing out more covers until next week. I'm going to need another shelf when I do, as well. But, I currently have a giant box of cases, so that's something.

I also have a couple more goodies showing up the next couple of days (weather permitting).

-KRS-

I have used a damp paper towel to clean gunk off the label. Rubbing alcohol with some elbow grease works well for the rest of the cartridge. If you just want to make the cart smell better, wrap it in some dryer sheets and put it in a small box (the original box for the game works great).

Alright I'll probably do the first two things you mentioned. I actually had to google dryer sheets because I'd never heard of that before, and I don't think I've ever seen that in any stores around here (Sweden). I've only seen liquid fabric softener. Either way, I think using sheets would become too expensive since I have like 200 carts to clean, and perhaps a little overkill. It's not like they stink or anything. They just smell like old games and I wanted to freshen them up a bit. But I think just cleaning them will be enough.

Thanks for the advice.

iso135

Back when I was following this thread regularly the ebay prices of games were WAY higher.

What could I expect to get if I sold my copy of Pocky and Rocky? Not much to reference on ebay.

Also, I guess now is the time to pick up some of the other games I want.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Back when I was following this thread regularly the ebay prices of games were WAY higher.
A friend of mine at a used game shop said SNES prices levelled off and are now declining? To which I said "good". I don't think any videogames should be expensive. I am not buying them as financial investments.

Hope it's actually true (sorry sellers ;)

iso135

A friend of mine at a used game shop said SNES prices levelled off and are now declining? To which I said "good". I don't think any videogames should be expensive. I am not buying them as financial investments.

Agree to a certain extent. But for me one of the perks of SNES games is that I can basically play them for free (or close to it) due to them holding their value. And this is why I will likely pick some games up now for cheaper play throughs. Glad I didn't buy TOO many back when they were really high.

HaL64

I have a package (RAM cart for my Sega CD so not quite SNES related) that hasn't been updated since the 11th as well. Hopefully it is just the weather and/or the holidays and not that the packages got lost.

What games are you actually saving to the RAM cart? I always wondered what people wanted it for.

What games are you actually saving to the RAM cart? I always wondered what people wanted it for.

I thought the built in ram on the Sega CD was pretty tiny? Thought I'd heard that some of the RPGs will pretty much fill it all up.

Yeah, I went a couple months without buying anything. Now that I've jumped back in it definitely seems like prices have dropped a bit on ebay now.

I have noticed in the last week or so that people seem to be trying to push the price of Earthbound back up, though. It was going for north of $200 before it came to the virtual console, at which point it dropped a good $50 if not more. Been seeing a lot of new ones being listed for $200 and more again. I hope these people fail at pushing the price.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Did anyone have luck finding games in a big city? I just started collecting but I've been having a hard time finding anything. =/

Visited practically every Goodwill in the NYC area. The electronics section always contains CD, DVDs, VHS tapes, and some gaudy looking lamps. Never any games.

The only luck I've had so far was an outdoor flea market this passed Friday. Even though there were few vendors there because of the impending storm the next day, I found this old man with a huge van and a table out in front of it with a few beat up appliances and PC games on it.

I asked him if he had any old Super Nintendo games. He very grouchily said "Yes, I have. Inside." <pointing at the van> "Do you want to look or do you want to buy?!", but I could hardly understand him because he had an accent (I think he was Korean). He asked the question a few times until I understood him. I said "I want to look and if there's something I want, I'll buy it if it's not expensive.". He waved me off and started straightening up around his van. I stood there for about a half minute wondering what the hell just happened, then he came back and said angrily "Do you want to buy or do you want to look!?". I said "Yes, yes! I'll buy."

As soon as he cracked open the door of the van open, I saw why he was so grouchy. It was filled from ceiling to floor and wall to wall with boxes. He went digging inside and all sorts of junk started falling out, including a Dreamcast VMU. He then pulled out a bin of games and put it on the table. Unfortunately, while there was like 40 games in the thing, the majority of them were all genesis sports games. However I did manage to snag a copy of Contra for NES, Super Mario Bros. (duckhunt + track version) with manual, and Donkey Kong Country. He only charged me $6, to which he cheerily said "Cool!" when I paid him.

I asked him if he had any more, but he said "Yes. Inside. Too much trouble. Come next week.".

The market is only held Friday - Sun, so now I'm going to be going crazy all week wondering what else he has in that van. Hopefully there aren't any storms next Friday or the following day, and he'll have the entire thing unpacked.

Videogamesnewyork has some pretty decent SNES/SFC games, but of course everything is marked up. Probably your best bet for retro gaming in the city, apart from striking gold at one of the few remaining Play N Trades on LI. There's also the Digital Press store over in Jersey, haven't been there yet but want to go soon... (when I tell people I'm itching to go to Jersey they all laugh at me... :p )

Also as for this thread... went to a local retrogaming meet up and picked up a Super Game Boy. Never owned one, it will be nice playing the FF Legend games on the big screen :)

Velinos

Yeah, I went a couple months without buying anything. Now that I've jumped back in it definitely seems like prices have dropped a bit on ebay now.

I have noticed in the last week or so that people seem to be trying to push the price of Earthbound back up, though. It was going for north of $200 before it came to the virtual console, at which point it dropped a good $50 if not more. Been seeing a lot of new ones being listed for $200 and more again. I hope these people fail at pushing the price.

I agree that prices seem to be going down a bit compared to what they were over the summer. Granted prices are still a lot higher than what they were 5-6 years ago. Gone are the days when I got most of my SNES RPGs off of Ebay for $20-30 with manuals or CIB. But who knows, maybe the inflated prices will keep falling to more reasonable levels.

IrishNinja

if this year has taught me anything with retro gaming - specifically imploding scenes like this SNES one - it's that in my experience, your only shot at the white whale is:

1) old friends getting married/moving/etc and finding their haul & not caring
2) craigslist shit that you caught early before the swarm of resellers (not easy, ive had maybe 3 i was really happy with this year though
3) forum B/S/T threads, and even then it's best if you're liked. you go over to say nintendoage right now and you're bound to find better deals than ebay in numerous instances, but no one's gonna bring their copy of say Wild Guns super low for you when there's so many others who'll pay those crazy prices, especially if its in good shape. my best experiences haggling have always been with bundles.

im sure there's other hookups but i really haven't found them yet. and by hookup i mean paying what the game was sold for like 10 years ago or so, not just 10% lower than recent ebay sales.

I've said this before on here, but you should save a link to ebay that brings you directly to Buy It Now games for the system you are interested in with it set to sort the newest first. Check it whenever. The good stuff goes fast.

Here's my recent stuff. Not that most of it is amazing, but as someone who doesn't want to fuck with auctions, I was more than happy to pay these prices:

ElFzgDa.png

That Chrono Trigger makes it all worth it.

IrishNinja

^damn, and here i was saying to not really fuck with buy-it-nows cause ive seen so many where the prices doubled vs open auctions (which are great until some/many turn into a sniping frenzy in the final moments). using saturn examples: Ive seen Burning Rangers go for $120+ in recent weeks BIN, then open auctions for $20-40 (!) in a few odd cases. on the other end. i saw a Panzer Dragoon Saga (way too late) BIN for $150 where others that week cleared $300.

which is to say: ebay's fucking nuts, but if you're vigilant/patient you can still catch deals.

Velinos

I received my flash board and dumper/programmer from infiniteneslives.com yesterday. The build quality is excellent and I like the fact that the battery is not soldered in, but slides into a slot that holds it very tight so I can easily replace the battery when it dies in 15-20 years. It took about an hour for me to figure out how to use the tool and get the board programmed. The instructions on the website are very clear and helped using the somewhat clunky flashing program. Now I just need to decide on what game to use for this board. I will definitely be ordering more from him, especially now that he sells SNES cases that just snap together so I do not need to invest in a security bit.

Teknoman

I've said this before on here, but you should save a link to ebay that brings you directly to Buy It Now games for the system you are interested in with it set to sort the newest first. Check it whenever. The good stuff goes fast.

Here's my recent stuff. Not that most of it is amazing, but as someone who doesn't want to fuck with auctions, I was more than happy to pay these prices:

ElFzgDa.png

That Chrono Trigger makes it all worth it.

Thats actually a pretty good idea.

Earthbound:

Done.

Pretty awesome. Wayyyy easier than the NES one. The end areas got pretty tough, though, but nothing insane.

Kind of weird how much it felt like more of a remake than a sequel.

Any way. Perfect timing to finish it, cause this just arrived:

Shipping status never did update, just like what others on here said a couple days ago. Spent a week sitting in New York, then it was suddenly here.

I think I'm going to buy one of those snap open SNES carts instead of tearing up a real cart. I'll just snap it open whenever I want to put more shit on. We'll see.

Won't be able to mess with it until later tonight or tomorrow.

Velinos

I think I'm going to buy one of those snap open SNES carts instead of tearing up a real cart. I'll just snap it open whenever I want to put more shit on. We'll see.

Won't be able to mess with it until later tonight or tomorrow.

I hate to rain on your parade, but the snap open SNES carts say they only fit the main 46-pin tab. You may be able to cut holes for the other two tabs with a dremel or something, but that is something to keep in mind.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
So jealous, Hero... I want one of those SD2SNES....

I have a whole stack of SFC games that I bought last summer, and I've totally earned the right to play em in English.

Plus just want to send my cart collection to the closet.

Velinos

Here is my ghetto looking board in my SNES. It may not look great now, but it does allow me to play Terranigma on a US system. After Christmas I'll get an actual case.

P4yknhSl.jpg

Also, my copy of Robotrek along with the three games I picked up for $10 at my local games store tonight.

LSolungl.jpg

SD2SNES seems fucking awesome so far. Haven't messed with it much at all yet, but has worked flawlessly so far. I've seen some youtube videos and message board posts where people mentioned having freezes on the newest firmware (fixed by rolling back to the previous). So far, I haven't had this happen. Hopefully it stays that way.

Tested out Metroid Zero Mission, Zelda Parallel Worlds Remodel, and More Zombies Ate My Neighbors. All worked great. Zelda looks pretty fucking awesome. Will definitely be playing through it.

As for legit games, I only tested Secret of Mana 2, worked perfectly. I intend to buy real SFC carts and then use this to play English versions, so I'm not going to just fill it up with everything and kill my desire to collect. Right now the only SFC carts I own are Secret of Mana 2 and Chrono Trigger (just cause I like the box art).

Star Ocean should be here tomorrow and Tales of Phantasia eventually (coming from Japan).

I hate to rain on your parade, but the snap open SNES carts say they only fit the main 46-pin tab. You may be able to cut holes for the other two tabs with a dremel or something, but that is something to keep in mind.

Thanks for pointing this out. Guess I'll just put it in a real cart if I'm going to have to do some dremel customizing either way.

Also, my copy of Robotrek along with the three games I picked up for $10 at my local games store tonight.

LSolungl.jpg
I think I heard Cool Spot is better on the Genesis. Inferior graphics and audio, sure, but larger view screen helps immensely with the game's penchant for leaps of faith, and enemies don't respawn when you die (or was it just scrolling them off the screen? One of the two, probably the dying one), both of which make the game more accessible.

That said, I only own the Genesis version, so I can't speak for certain.

Also, I swear my phone is inserting words and periods all.over the place, argh. (Like that one. I'll just leave it in as an example...)

Velinos

I think I heard Cool Spot is better on the Genesis. Inferior graphics and audio, sure, but larger view screen helps immensely with the game's penchant for leaps of faith, and enemies don't respawn when you die (or was it just scrolling them off the screen? One of the two, probably the dying one), both of which make the game more accessible.

That said, I only own the Genesis version, so I can't speak for certain.

Also, I swear my phone is inserting words and periods all.over the place, argh. (Like that one. I'll just leave it in as an example...)

I never played the Genesis version, may have to check that out. All these were games I enjoyed as a kid and I am currently in the process of tracking down the last few games that I remember particularly enjoying.

Velinos

SD2SNES seems fucking awesome so far. Haven't messed with it much at all yet, but has worked flawlessly so far. I've seen some youtube videos and message board posts where people mentioned having freezes on the newest firmware (fixed by rolling back to the previous). So far, I haven't had this happen. Hopefully it stays that way.

Tested out Metroid Zero Mission, Zelda Parallel Worlds Remodel, and More Zombies Ate My Neighbors. All worked great. Zelda looks pretty fucking awesome. Will definitely be playing through it.

As for legit games, I only tested Secret of Mana 2, worked perfectly. I intend to buy real SFC carts and then use this to play English versions, so I'm not going to just fill it up with everything and kill my desire to collect. Right now the only SFC carts I own are Secret of Mana 2 and Chrono Trigger (just cause I like the box art).

Star Ocean should be here tomorrow and Tales of Phantasia eventually (coming from Japan).

Sounds awesome. Have you had a chance to check out any games that use special chips? Do they all work just fine?

-KRS-

I also have an SD2SNES since earlier this year and all the special chip games that it is said to support have worked flawlessly for me. Still waiting for the firmware update that will add support for the SuperFX chips though... and SA-1 although that one might not be possible. It's been a while since the last update in general.

Another thing that is really cool is that you can play SatellaView games on it.

I've also never had it freeze as you mentioned reading about, Hero. Though one time it did glitch out and the screen became filled with random garbage graphics and numbers. But I just reset the console and it worked again.

So yeah. It's totally awesome and worth the money. Now if only the dude would release some updates on the firmware sometime. He hasn't updated his blog since May 6, and that was a small status update that said that a new firmware would be coming in a few weeks. Still nothing. It's a shame that only the hardware is open and not the firmware. If the firmware was also open source that would be fantastic.

Edit: Oh and one thing you have to try if you haven't yet, Hero, is a romhack with MSU1 support. That's the expansion chip that byuu designed for his bsnes emulator that gives the SNES access to 4GB of storage, so it can have high quality audio and video etc. It's implemented in the SD2SNES. There's not much available right now unfortunately, but there is that little demo of a SMW hack that uses the MSU1. It was pretty surreal to play a SMW romhack with music from Paper Mario 2 on a real SNES and having it sound just as good as on the Gamecube.

If you were like me and scoured the internet on SD2SNES stuff while I waited for it to arrive, you've probably seen this demonstration video of the romhack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqXYPvhHMCo

Velinos

I have been looking into getting CIB Star Ocean and Seiken Densetsu 3. Is Ebay the way to go for finding these?

Star Ocean just arrived. As for where I buy them, I check both ebay and Amazon. I didn't set out to buy Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana, they just popped up on ebay cheap enough that I grabbed them. Mana is cart only, though.

I went looking for Star Ocean and it was cheaper CIB on amazon than it was cart only on ebay at the moment. I don't really care for the box since I use universal game cases and have no attachment to the game since I've yet to play it. I love Chrono Trigger, so I wanted the box, don't really care about the cart.

Any way, my little collection:

I will definitely have to check out that MSU1, Synt4x. That sounds awesome.

As for the comparability with chips you were asking about, Velinos. Here is their incompatibility list:

This is compiled as an incompatibility list.
Any ROM should work (headered and non-headered, non-interleaved), except the following:

Carts with BS memory pack slots, other than BS-X BIOS (e.g. Derby Stallion 96, any Tsukuuru). They may run but cannot use memory pack related features.

Sufami Turbo games:
Car Ranger
Crayon Shin Chan
Gegege No Kitarou
Gekisou Sentai Carranger: Zenkai Racer Senshi
Poi Poi Ninja
Sailor Moon Stars Panic 2
SD Gundam Generations: part 1
SD Gundam Generations: part 2
SD Gundam Generations: part 3
SD Gundam Generations: part 4
SD Gundam Generations: part 5
SD Gundam Generations: part 6
SD Ultra Battle: Seven Legend
SD Ultra Battle: Ultraman Legend
Sufami Turbo hardware
Tetris 2+ Bombliss

SuperFX games:
Dirt Racer
Dirt Trax FX
Doom
Star Fox 2
Star Fox / Starwing
Stunt Race FX / Wild Trax
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi&#8217;s Island
Vortex
Winter Gold / FX Skiing

SA-1 games:
Daisenryaku Expert WWII: War in Europe
Derby Jockey 2
Dragon Ball Z: Hyper Dimension
Habu Meijin no Omoshiro Shogi
Itoi Shigesato no Bass Tsuri No. 1
Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius
J.League &#8217;96 Dream Stadium
Jumpin&#8217; Derby
Kakinoki Shogi
Kirby&#8217;s Dream Land 3
Kirby Super Star
Marvelous: Mouhitotsu no Takarajima
Masters New: Haruka Naru Augusta 3
Mini 4WD Shining Scorpion Let&#8217;s & Go!!
Pebble Beach no Hotou: New Tournament Edition
PGA European Tour
PGA Tour &#8217;96
Power Rangers Zeo: Battle Racers
SD F-1 Grand Prix
SD Gundam G NEXT
Shin Shogi Club
Shogi Saikyou
Shogi Saikyou 2
Super Bomberman Panic Bomber World
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Robot Taisen Gaiden: Maso Kishin &#8211; The Lord Of Elemental

S-DD1 games:
Star Ocean (unhacked version)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 / Zero 2
ST-011 games:
Hayazashi Nidan Morita Shougi
ST-018 games:
Hayazashi Nidan Morita Shougi 2
SPC7110 games:
Far East of Eden Zero
Momotaro Dentetsu Happy
Super Power League 4

OBC1 games:
Metal Combat

I guess, in theory, everything else should work.

Bleh. Went back to see the flea market to see what the old man had in the mysterious van. Turns out it was a bunch of junk. He had a beat up SNES and Dreamcast for like $50 each. He also had a model 3 Sega Genesis for $45 in box that he claimed was brand new, but I didn't bother to examine it. All of the SNES game he had were picked over. Nothing but sports games left. In the end I bought a copy of Sonic 2 from him and an SNES controller in pretty good shape for about $6. I'm going to try to mod the controller into a wireless one.

Since the weather was better more vendors were out. There was a woman who had a TON of retro games and consoles in several bins, but her prices were inflated as fuck. $75 for an NES alone. She didn't have a ton of sports games like the other dude, but the games she did have for $5 (Top Gun NES) sucked. I spotted a copy of Mega Man X in a bin without a tag on it and asked her how much. As soon as she pulled out her phone, I said "LOL" in my mind. She spoke to someone who I assumed looked it up online and told me $25. I said never mind.

Videogamesnewyork has some pretty decent SNES/SFC games, but of course everything is marked up. Probably your best bet for retro gaming in the city, apart from striking gold at one of the few remaining Play N Trades on LI. There's also the Digital Press store over in Jersey, haven't been there yet but want to go soon... (when I tell people I'm itching to go to Jersey they all laugh at me... :p )

Also as for this thread... went to a local retrogaming meet up and picked up a Super Game Boy. Never owned one, it will be nice playing the FF Legend games on the big screen :)

Thanks for the suggestions. I heard of Videogamesnewyork. Yeah, the prices are steep. =/

Peagles

So, this retrobrite stuff, would it work on the SNES purple buttons? Mine are yellowed to hell along with the rest of the system.

Hey guys, guess who just got an obviously fake Dracula X in the mail!?

Me:

Kind of odd that eBay still makes you wait for a buyer response when you report an item as counterfeit before they escalate the case. I get them not just auto refunding you your money, but you'd think it'd immediately go to them to review. In theory he could just refund my money, I accept it and walk away, and a counterfeiter is still left on eBay. Dumb.

Link to the original listing.

He fucking super glued the screws in place so it was a bitch to get open. Ebay better have my fucking back here.

Velinos

That sucks dude. It is possible that the guy who sold you that cart bought it that way and honestly didn't know, but then I am the type of person who always gives people the benefit of the doubt.

That sucks dude. It is possible that the guy who sold you that cart bought it that way and honestly didn't know, but then I am the type of person who always gives people the benefit of the doubt.

What really makes me think he knew is that it was sold as not working. The listing said he had used qtips to clean it and couldn't get it working. It worked for me no problem, I didn't clean it at all.

My conspiracy theory is that he was hoping whoever got it would be so thrilled it worked that they wouldn't notice anything suspicious about it. I knew the second I opened the package it was fake, though. It's a nice label, but clearly fake if you see it in person. Little blurry and wasn't put on very well on top, along with white around the corners which you can actually see in his listing photos. I just got too excited and didn't inspect it close enough.

We'll see. I did pay with a credit card, so hopefully they have my back if ebay takes his side. I just don't know how this works. I say it's fake (because it is) I assume he'll say it isn't fake. And then what? Ebay flips a coin to see who they believe?

Pickups from Save Point Video Games... posted in the pickups thread as well but figured I'd share here too.

2MLJKzRl.jpg

Bahamut Lagoon, Clock Tower, Chrono Trigger Crimson Echoes, King of Demons, Megaman and Bass, Super Metroid Zero Mission, Nightmare Busters, Secret of Man 2, StarFox 2, Tales of Phantasia, Terranigma, and Treasure of the Rudras

So many great games we never got to "officially" enjoy!
Are they a used store and someone traded in repros?

Peagles

What really makes me think he knew is that it was sold as not working. The listing said he had used qtips to clean it and couldn't get it working. It worked for me no problem, I didn't clean it at all.

My conspiracy theory is that he was hoping whoever got it would be so thrilled it worked that they wouldn't notice anything suspicious about it. I knew the second I opened the package it was fake, though. It's a nice label, but clearly fake if you see it in person. Little blurry and wasn't put on very well on top, along with white around the corners which you can actually see in his listing photos. I just got too excited and didn't inspect it close enough.

We'll see. I did pay with a credit card, so hopefully they have my back if ebay takes his side. I just don't know how this works. I say it's fake (because it is) I assume he'll say it isn't fake. And then what? Ebay flips a coin to see who they believe?

Lol at the auction. He tried q-tips but didn't try blowing on it? Who even says that?

Lol at the auction. He tried q-tips but didn't try blowing on it? Who even says that?

Haha. Yeah...

I honestly never expected it to be fake. I figured I'd get it and clean the shit out of it with some metal polish and it'd either work or I'd be out $55, a worthy risk. Getting a working fake pisses me off to no end.

Are they a used store and someone traded in repros?

Believe he said the store owner makes them.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
I bought Power Rangers (PAL UK) from a Cash Converters last weekend for £1, soon I'll figure out a way to display my entire cart collection decently.

Top Bottom