• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Game Collecting (Tips, discussion, and info for like minded collectors)

Looks like a dog went after this lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-NINTENDO-SNES-TMNT-IV-TURTLES-IN-TIME-VIDEO-GAME-1992-IN-ORIGINAL-BOX-/351773345657?hash=item51e7534779:g:eek:kMAAOSwZSFXJpHi

ySq4uHL.png

Yes. The answer is that you are using composhit and RFuckingterrible.

Edit: I just saw the image. Dear god. Use svideo at the very least man, and if you're in the UK, nearly all TV sets accept RGB scart for the best output (and if you want to go further, look to the RGB/CRT/upscaler thread)

hah, glad to hear that's the issue at least! Was worried it may have been the console. Going to look into an upscaler then - this TV doesn't have S-Vid or SCART. It's great for modern stuff, not much in the way of retro support.

It's always shocking when I rediscover how terrible Composite looks - I can only imagine just how horrific RF looks on a modern set.

oh dude it looks like dogshit. Before I dug this composite out of a box I was using RF for a little. Even with how bad it looks, composite was an enormous leap over it.

also jesus, that poor turtles in time box

Been doing some cord-switching as I mess with my setup and my SNES has been temporarily downgraded from s-vid to composite. Looks bad!

Hey guys, I'm back from my ban. Gotta stay away from those threads in the Off Topic Discussion! :|

Welcome back! Figured you would not get a permanent ban.

NDPsycho

$76 for that?! hahahaahahaha

Right? I wonder who that would even appeal to? CIB collectors won't want it. Cart only people won't want it. I suppose there might be people who collect trashed box copies, I've just never met one.

Maybe start a new acronym CIIB, complete in incomplete box...

Rich!

Just advertise it as a limited edition one off version sold back then with the unique gimmick of having been chewed on thoroughly by Splinter the rat during a training session

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Wow. I didn't realize how expensive Kirby's Dream Land 3 was.

I was just looking at it last night :(

Definitely inflated recently, I remember looking at it a year or so ago and it was reasonable.

Passed on a copy in Japan for $4.... but I'd rather have the US copy anyway.....

Teknoman

This is on sale on ebay without any kind of notice that I can find. It never did release in the US, but not disclosing that seems shady to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361642602651

I guess they're thinking that little blurb about being an NTSC US translation is enough. Imo I still think (unless its something like StarFox 2) people should just get the SFC cart, have it flashed or whatever, and boom. But then again I really like SFC cart style and label art.

Rich!

you can actually buy both Kirby Super Deluxe and KDL3 JP together for half the price of a single US copy of KDL3 in some auctions on ebay...and a full boxed copy for a good price too if you wanted. boxed copy is so gooood:

s-l1600.jpg

Rich!

Any other games you guys can think of like that? Where the SFC version is essentially the same.

well, not exactly the same but:

mega man x series

yoshi's island

mario world, mario all stars/collection

basically anything that doesn't rely on text is fine for me, personally

Any other games you guys can think of like that? Where the SFC version is essentially the same.
Anything that's not an RPG pretty much. Even in cases where menus or whatnot are in Japanese it's a) usually really easy to figure it out or b) in katakana and actually just English in disguise.

Bar81

Anything that's not an RPG pretty much. Even in cases where menus or whatnot are in Japanese it's a) usually really easy to figure it out or b) in katakana and actually just English in disguise.

Or where the SNES version is gimped you want the SFC version like Ninja Warriors Again

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Been playing some more Brain Lord after about a month on holiday and other stuff, and its a bit hard to pick up. Im in Toronto (the second village), but I have no idea what to do. At least i got to fight some battles in the Arena!

Been playing some more Brain Lord after about a month on holiday and other stuff, and its a bit hard to pick up. Im in Toronto (the second village), but I have no idea what to do. At least i got to fight some battles in the Arena!

I should get back to this. I got kind of discouraged late in the second dungeon by all the jumping -- it just didn't feel all that responsive and then when you have to start all the way back at the entrance to the room ... ugh.

Morfeo

I should get back to this. I got kind of discouraged late in the second dungeon by all the jumping -- it just didn't feel all that responsive and then when you have to start all the way back at the entrance to the room ... ugh.

Yeah, the controls are not that great. If you got discouraged now, you will not enjoy the continuation i think, since there are a tons of tricky (and annoying) jumps later.

Yeah, the controls are not that great. If you got discouraged now, you will not enjoy the continuation i think, since there are a tons of tricky (and annoying) jumps later.

Geez. It would be so much better if you'd just restart at the last actual piece of floor. Some of those rooms are massive.

Morfeo

Geez. It would be so much better if you'd just restart at the last actual piece of floor. Some of those rooms are massive.

Yeah i agree. Can kinda understand why this game never took off. Still a decent game for sure, but could have been way better.

I'm a pretty amateur collector, so looking for advice on good multiplayer games.

I just bought Tetris Attack and I have Super Mario Kart and Killer Instinct.

Any other good ones? I'm looking mainly for competitive but some coop games would also be great.

Which version of Super Bomberman is the best (NTSC)

Top Bottom