• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Game Collecting (Tips, discussion, and info for like minded collectors)

Rich!

Am I allowed to sell games in this thread?

I've been collecting games since the early 2000's and finally must part with collection. I searched to see if selling was allowed in this thread and came up with nothing. I'd love to sell to people here before I just list stuff on eBay or in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread.

I will miss my SNES but I have no choice. All of these games are complete in box (w/manuals/maps).

Yep!

What location are you in? Pal or NTSC?

NTSC. I'm out of Michigan. I'll post a detailed list of everything today. It's going to be sad to see them go, but I'll be happy knowing they go to a good home.

Would you be willing to ship to Canada, right next door in Ontario???

I just started collecting and would love to pick some stuff up :)

Rich!

There's a snes (pal) console on gumtree near me with a working power supply for £30. I have a spare supercic here...wondering if it's worth setting it up and selling it after. Hm

What would you guys say is a decent selling price for a super cic modded snes? I don't know if it's onechip or not yet.

Am I allowed to sell games in this thread?

I've been collecting games since the early 2000's and finally must part with collection. I searched to see if selling was allowed in this thread and came up with nothing. I'd love to sell to people here before I just list stuff on eBay or in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread.

I will miss my SNES but I have no choice. All of these games are complete in box (w/manuals/maps).

Generally everyone here has agreed that it's perfectly fine to post FS lists in the retro threads. I think it makes perfect sense. Many have just listed in the BST thread and linked to their post in the retro threads. I think it's nice to give us hardcore niche people a shot first, but we also don't want it to get out of hand. However, I don't think that would really happen. So, go for it.

Mr. Virus

My Super Famicom arrived today. Looks really clean too. Was expecting a 3rd party controller along with it so was surprised when it was an actual SFC one. So pretty happy :).

Now waiting on Rockman 7 and a SCART cable to arrive!

I started Live-A-Live yesterday and played through about 3 1/2 chapters. Wow, this game is awesome. The length of each chapter is just right. It's like a collection of short stories, each with a different setting and unique gameplay quirk. I can't believe I waited so long to play this.

Huggers

Moving house soon and need to buy some protectors for my boxed complete Snes game. I've got 50 odd. Where to people go to for them these days? I'm in the UK incidentally

Rich!

Moving house soon and need to buy some protectors for my boxed complete Snes game. I've got 50 odd. Where to people go to for them these days? I'm in the UK incidentally

Odd idea, but wouldn't VHS boxes work? You could even use clear ones. I don't have any to hand to test the size of though

buying the actual protectors for shipping to here in the UK is quite expensive sadly

Huggers

Odd idea, but wouldn't VHS boxes work? You could even use clear ones. I don't have any to hand to test the size of though

buying the actual protectors for shipping to here in the UK is quite expensive sadly

I would have thought they'd be a little small, worth checking though. There used to be a company called Sentinel I believe but they seem to have ceased trading. I don't want to spend too much but do want them to have a little protection. Some of them are mint and kinda valuable

-KRS-

Yeah I just broke down and bought from videogameboxprotectors.com a while back. There's also retrogamefreak.com which are based in the Netherlands, but ironically the cost of the protectors + shipping was higher for the amount of protectors I wanted to buy from there compared to vgboxprotectors who are based in the US.

Olly88

A bit rough round the edges, but I ain't going to complain

OPQ6jzO.jpg

Teknoman

Damn...either I havent played Mario World to completion since back in the day during Christmas or something...because i've completely forgotten most of the World 6 and 7 stuff. Some of it is pretty tough stuff. Not SMB3 final areas, but challenging still.

Final areas Mario = best Mario.

dubc35

Damn...either I havent played Mario World to completion since back in the day during Christmas or something...because i've completely forgotten most of the World 6 and 7 stuff. Some of it is pretty tough stuff. Not SMB3 final areas, but challenging still.

Final areas Mario = best Mario.
I was working my way through SMW recently for the first time since mid-90's. It's such a great game. I got distracted with family visiting and some plumbing issues in my house (good times) but I need to get back to it!

Where would people recommend getting a Super Everdrive from? I'm considering either directly from krikzz or from Stone Age gamer since I'm in the US.

Rich!

Where would people recommend getting a Super Everdrive from? I'm considering either directly from krikzz or from Stone Age gamer since I'm in the US.

well, krikzz is cheaper but stone age gamer is closer. your choice really. both have your back if anything goes wrong, to the extent of krikzz offering direct help on his forum.

I ordered an Everdrive MD this weekend from krikzz's site and it was shipped today. Going by tracking and how quick my Everdrive GB took to arrive from there, it'll leave ukraine tomorrow and be in the UK by the end of the week. It was also only $62.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I prefer Krikzz label choices for most of his flash carts. I dunno about Super Everdrive in particular.

well, krikzz is cheaper but stone age gamer is closer. your choice really. both have your back if anything goes wrong, to the extent of krikzz offering direct help on his forum.

I ordered an Everdrive MD this weekend from krikzz's site and it was shipped today. Going by tracking and how quick my Everdrive GB took to arrive from there, it'll leave ukraine tomorrow and be in the UK by the end of the week. It was also only $62.

I prefer Krikzz label choices for most of his flash carts. I dunno about Super Everdrive in particular.

I think krikzz only have labels for the JP and EUR design carts (no end label)

Thanks guys. Think I'm gonna order from Krikzz. I don't mind waiting a little bit longer for shipping. I might go ahead and pick up that Mega EverDrive X3 while I'm at it, too.

Teknoman

I was working my way through SMW recently for the first time since mid-90's. It's such a great game. I got distracted with family visiting and some plumbing issues in my house (good times) but I need to get back to it!

Yup, wrapping up the game (believe it or not, it was the first game I rebought when I found my SNES at a thrift years ago...gave away my original awhile back) now after all this time, and then i'll move to Yoshi's Island. I've been trying to play through various series in chronological order if possible.

dubc35

Yup, wrapping up the game (believe it or not, it was the first game I rebought when I found my SNES at a thrift years ago...gave away my original awhile back) now after all this time, and then i'll move to Yoshi's Island. I've been trying to play through various series in chronological order if possible.
I recently bought Yoshis Island. I never played it back I the day so it will be a new to me Mario SNES game! Now if I can only hold off until I beat SMW to play it...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I think krikzz only have labels for the JP and EUR design carts (no end label)

I guess I've never really considered the US cart, even though I live in Canada (US region). The JP/EUR version is universal and works on all models. I've dabbled in Japanese machines since the flashcart era began, so I always want the option.

I get that a US SNES looks funky with a JP/EUR cart though.

Beartruck

About how long does economy shipping from japan to the US take normally? Bought some sfc imports from a guy and I still haven't received them 3 weeks later.

Rich!

About how long does economy shipping from japan to the US take normally? Bought some sfc imports from a guy and I still haven't received them 3 weeks later.

Normal for SAL. They are bundled in a warehouse until a commercial flight has enough space for a batch.

Rich!

Economy is SAL? Crud. Well, maybe I can play Jaki Crush sometime before Halloween (hopefully).

If there's no tracking, it's sal.

I try and avoid it whenever I can. Ordered an item on ebay 8th august, still hasnt turned up. I did get a refund though.

Beartruck

Whoa, thanks for exposing me to this game. After playing this and looking up the other games in the series I have a strong desire to get a TurboGrafx-16.

If you don't want to get a Turbo but still want to play Devil's Crush, there is a genesis port by Technosoft called "Dragon's Fury".

Olly88

Super Turrican 2 is rather good so far. I've played a couple of levels and the controls are spot on, it's fun and it looks and sounds great.

Olly88

How does it compare to the 1st? Also it's so damn expensive in the US!!!

I can't compare them unfortunately as I haven't played the first one.

Yeah American copies are pretty damn pricey. The PAL version's quite expensive too, but not quite as high. Luckily I got a great deal, otherwise I doubt I'd ever have got it.

I finally decided to go ahead and get my mini RGB modded. Excited to see the difference between it and my old original version (which my brother got back in '91) on my PVM.

Bar81

I greatly prefer the second one. First one is very uneven, and too easy in general. Second is non-stop setpieces and a good challenge

The opposite - second one isn't so much a game as a series of technical set pieces and the third person stages are garbage.

Got some technical questions.

So I just ordered a modded Super Famicom (to play pal and change speed) and I was wondering about scart cables. I got European ones but it seems that they dont work with Super Famicom?

I also bought a generic AC-DC adapter while retro shopping in Akihabara that is supposed to work with Super Famicom.

It has an input of: AC100-240V 50-60HZ 0.3A which means it has an inbuild converter I think.

Also output: 10V=1A. I thought Snes was around 8 so asking around if might be safe to use to power up.

The opposite - second one isn't so much a game as a series of technical set pieces and the third person stages are garbage.

I thought the Ben Hur and Axelay levels were very well done. Water one is pretty mediocre though

Super Turrican doesn't even feel like a finished game, which I can only assume it wasn't since
you never fight the machine, and end on the Alien level
, and the train hopping level is just very poorly thought out. And the snowball level. Just so uneven in general.

Top Bottom