• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Game Collecting (Tips, discussion, and info for like minded collectors)

Peltz

Mario Paint was one of my first ever experiences with a mouse. I think I only used one on an Apple at my elementary school a few times prior to it.

TheMoon

Mario Paint was one of my first ever experiences with a mouse. I think I only used one on an Apple at my elementary school a few times prior to it.

SNES Mouse was my first ever mouse experience. Was like "whooaaa I am a compuper nao!"

Hi SNES GAF,
not sure if i forgot to post but i picked up super return of the jedi recently and completed the trilogy:
QXn3qSo.jpg

hWxEJCg.jpg

J1VV8hW.jpg

Awesome thread!

Picked a SNES Mini a few weeks ago. So far I have:

• Super Metroid
  • F-Zero
  • Tecmo 3
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Killer Instinct

Next on my sight are Street Figher II, Super Mario World, TMNT.

RexRogers

Neo Member
Anyone have multiple SNES consoles? If so, what are your reasons? I figure you have to have some in reserve for backups, hence I have three. Surely there are some extreme hoarders here, though. Out yourselves.

D.Lo

Anyone have multiple SNES consoles? If so, what are your reasons? I figure you have to have some in reserve for backups, hence I have three. Surely there are some extreme hoarders here, though. Out yourselves.
RGB modded Super Fami Jr. Also a normal original non-one chip Super Fami. Technically one chips are really a clone system.

alf717

I come across them from time to time and pick them up if the price is right. I'll even buy broken ones just to attempt repairs and give them new life. I found one once that came with literally layers of dirt all over the inside of the console. I have no idea how that stuff got in there and figured it was done for. Gave it a good bath in isopropyl alcohol and to my surprised it worked after it dried. The RF jack is rusted but it turns out I can component mod it. For now it plays import titles for me until I can get the parts I need for the mod.

i have a snes original non 1chip

and snes mini.

reason is i wanted to try and mod it since it's so easy but it's backlogged... one day i will get to it.

I just have my original launch model SNES I got as a kid, and an RGB modded SNES Mini which is the one hooked up.

Gozert

I have two. I first only had a modded PAL SNES with PAL/NTSC and 50 Hz/60Hz switches (got that in 2010), but recently the image of the PAL mode started getting wonky after about 30 minutes of playing. I've bought an extra PAL one now and just use the other for my NTSC games. I might swap it out later for an actual NTSC console or a SuperCIC modded one, since Super Mario RPG tends to be a bit iffy with other solutions.

Krelian

I have two: My old unmodded PAL SNES that I bought off of a friend who had it since he was a kid, and my Super Famicom Jr. that I only got recently for finally having some 60Hz SNES fun :)

Olly88

I've got two... my original PAL SNES and Super Famicom that I got last year. I got the Super Famicom because the copy of Goemon I bought didn't work using the adapter I had previously been using to play SFC games on my SNES.

Oh nice i need to get super metroid and f-zero again.

I have never played those games before, so I can't wait to play them.

Nice little collection you're building up.

How's the SNES working?

So far so good. A fellow GAFfer sold it to me. He took really good care of it. The only thing is that it didn't come with an original controller. Do you guys have any suggestions in terms of 3rd party controllers currently available?

If I come across another consoles in decent shape, I will buy another. Mostly as a backup. If I can find one in the box, then that will be a collectors item.

Krelian

So far so good. A fellow GAFfer sold it to me. He took really good care of it. The only thing is that it didn't come with an original controller. Do you guys have any suggestions in terms of 3rd party controllers currently available?
Honestly I'd just go and buy a second hand original controller on eBay. There's usually just no comparison to the original, though to be fair in case of the SNES there is a third party controller called AsciiPad that's mentioned frequently.

Honestly I'd just go and buy a second hand original controller on eBay. There's usually just no comparison to the original, though to be fair in case of the SNES there is a third party controller called AsciiPad that's mentioned frequently.

That Mitsumi quality. Asciipad is super legit and I prefer it to the standard first party controller.

linkboy

That was me.

As for 3rd party controllers, I've fully made the switch to the 8bitdo wireless controllers with the SNES adapter for use with my Super Famicom (and RetroUSB AVS on the NES side).

Stay away from the Retrobit controllers, they're not very good.

The ASCIIpad, that I sent, was one of the best controllers not made by Nintendo for the SNES as well.

The best controllers are still the official ones, especially if you can get one in good condition.

That's the one that I have!

That was me.

As for 3rd party controllers, I've fully made the switch to the 8bitdo wireless controllers with the SNES adapter for use with my Super Famicom (and RetroUSB AVS on the NES side).

Stay away from the Retrobit controllers, they're not very good.

The ASCIIpad, that I sent, was one of the best controllers not made by Nintendo for the SNES as well.

The best controllers are still the official ones, especially if you can get one in good condition.

Hahaha Nice! Thanks for hooking me up man. Been playing a lot of that SNES lately :D

And yeah I did go online and found that ASCII controller had the best reviews on Amazon. It still pretty good, but I still want an original one.

I use the asciipad as my main, and its glorious!

There's no alternative, as far as I'm concerned. GOAT SNES controller.

Do they still sell them? I went to Amazon and they seemed like they were discontinued.

Currently trying to find Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, TMNT Turtles in Time, Sunset Raiders, and that X-Men game, which I never can remember the name of it.

Holy shit! I didn't know this kind of things existed. What's the consensus? Which one is better and where do you get them?
https://krikzz.com/store

Ships from Ukraine. If youre in the US StoneAgeGamer is also very good, and they have a 5% off sale right now on flash carts. Elsewhere just get it from the source.

As the video says the SD2SNES has a few extra features and supports a handful of extra games, but it costs 2x as much so I'd recommend the Super Everdrive.

D.Lo

haha, I almost did the same when I heard the person on the youtube video refer to the Nintendo 64 as "Nintendo Six Four".
Super Famicon (if not otherwise speaking in Japanese)
Game Boy Advanced
PSOne (when written naming the platform, not the specific console)
Gameboy written as one word
Nez and Super Nez
Virtual Fighter
Diddy Kong's Quest

I can borderline forgive 'Snesss' or Super Nessss'. But not NEZZZZ.

Of course there are examples of the companies themselves muddying the waters. It was the Xbox 1 until MS actually named a console that. Same with PSX.

https://krikzz.com/store

Ships from Ukraine. If youre in the US StoneAgeGamer is also very good, and they have a 5% off sale right now on flash carts. Elsewhere just get it from the source.

As the video says the SD2SNES has a few extra features and supports a handful of extra games, but it costs 2x as much so I'd recommend the Super Everdrive.

IMHO MSU-1 support makes the SD2SNES worth it. Super Metroid, LTTP, and others with CD Quality music is worth the double the asking price. It just sounds so good.

D.Lo

IMHO MSU-1 support makes the SD2SNES worth it. Super Metroid, LTTP, and others with CD Quality music is worth the double the asking price. It just sounds so good.
Got any links of SM? I looked up a couple and didn't like the soundtracks that were added.

No way I would mess with Super Metroid's prefect soundtrack but sounds like an interesting thing to check out.

Got any links of SM? I looked up a couple and didn't like the soundtracks that were added.

No way I would mess with Super Metroid's prefect soundtrack but sounds like an interesting thing to check out.

I don't have any direct links. I'm not sure which version I have of SM off the top of my head, though my friend may have done the one for SM I have. I'm not sure, but if you want when I get home I can put it up on dropbox or something and shoot you a link.

Top Bottom