• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper Elite V2 |OT| Throwin' Rocks, Shootin' Cocks

DOA

iMiZ6XQ2tMXZY.gif

3 guys in one shot. $60 value right there.

EDIT: Not sure if it was a grenade or this guy's cigarette that caused the explosion though:

Awesome either way.

how did you took an animation capture at this? I want to get some animation myself, but don't know how

I just want Rebellion to add competitive multiplayer to the consoles. What the hell happened Rebellion? :(

glaring omission, the mp is kind of good, very slow pace, just camping won't get you anywhere you have to shoot and relocate, use your binocular a lot, hunt or be hunted it's pretty cool actually.

New update available on Steam:

SEv2 Update 1.03: 11th May 2012

- Fixed failure to progress beyond the lobby in peer games after playing a dedicated server game.
- Player names in lobby chat are no longer coloured according to the player's current team.
- Player HUD now hidden on death.
- Dedicated server - max players can now be set before adding any maps to the rotation.
- Kill notifications should no longer occasionally show the wrong victim or killer.
- Wind now correctly disabled when set to None in the server settings.
- A new best shot score or best shot distance in an individual session will no longer overwrite the best for all sessions (unless it is the best overall).
- When dead in multiplayer, input in the game menu will no longer be used to respawn the player.
- Multiplayer server list now populates while searching, instead of only when the search completes.
- Multiplayer game time now only starts when the warmup time has elapsed.
- Fixed player getting stuck in the carrying pose if a body is dropped while falling.
- Fixed corruption of player stats after multiple leaderboard updates.
- Attempting to join a passworded server through the Steam overlay or friend invites will now bring up the password entry box.
- Player connection and disconnection notices now shown in the chatbox.
- Various optimisations for people experiencing lower framerates in the full game than in the demo.
- Distance King kill notifications now show the correct score for the game mode instead of the single player score.
- Fire in the Church map will no longer cause instant death on one-hit-kill servers.
- Improved performance/FPS across "Church" multiplayer map.
- Added "-60Hz" command line option to force a maximum refresh rate of 60Hz, for users who find the game always boots into an unsupported resolution in fullscreen mode.
- All unlocked levels are now available in the co-op lobby screen, to resolve progression blocker after Flak Tower.

mclaren777

I've played the demo three times now.

I wasn't planning to buy any disc-based games until September, but this might push me over the edge.

My retrospective opinion of the game is that while the shooting and ballistics models are cool (it should be standard for next-gen shooters to have ballistics like this), the SP campaign needed a fuckton more work. Areas needed to be more open, the AI was terrible at times, and some of the design choices (that sniper team bit, jesus) were horrendous. Still enjoyed the majority of the campaign despite this, though I won't play through it in it's entirety again.

The Co-op modes are good fun and add a bit more variety to precedings, although I haven't tried the campaign co-op. The PC version's MP is the real surprise, despite clearly being a last minute addition, it's been really enjoyable, and it's good to hear that it's getting post-release support.

I've played the demo three times now.

I wasn't planning to buy any disc-based games until September, but this might push me over the edge.

I got the game last week, you might want to get back on that ledge.

I only played up to level 3, the reason I played so little, the game kept crashing on my PS3.

That level is massive, and replaying it five times (there is no real saving in mission just temporary check points) showed my just how linear the game is, each run though I tried to play in a new way and found I wasn't allowed.

That mixed with;

-cutscenes where you're spotted, forcing you into terrible combat scenarios

-an online mode that is open form like the SP should be but plagued with lag I haven't seen the likes of since the 56k days.

-The game having movement bugs, standing you up from prone for no reason ect.

1 is a far better game then V2.

So it turns out my impressions from the demo were wrong - shooting Nazis in the nutsack does get boring after a while.

Pre-ordered for PS3, beat the game last night, pretty disappointed all round. V2 is conclusive proof that gameplay is always more important than graphics. Despite being considerably shinier than its predecessor, it plays like a dodgy clone, a pale imitation, of the first title. And a sniper game where stealth is not only discouraged, but often totally impossible? Craziness. The mysterious twat who kept nicking my MP40 and most of my ammunition at the end of every mission needs a good slapping too.

Not that I used much non-rifle ammo, or explosives. I kept looking for opportunities to use dynamite, trip-wire bombs, land mines, but it was never necessary. And the few times I did bother covering my back the AI was so stubbornly stupid that no bugger ever tried to sneak up on me.

On elite difficulty, the sniping mechanic is enjoyable, but I was always struggling to get far enough away from the targets to make a kill shot properly satisfying. I often found myself clambering down from my vantage point, running further into the level to trigger more bad guy spawnage, before dashing back up to my perch to pick them off.

If I had a PC worthy of the name, I’d have gone down that route, because the vs multiplayer sounds pretty fun. But as a singleplayer console experience, it’s naff. And the Let’s Kill Hitler pre-order dlc is both trying and dull.
One of the few times you’re forced to snipe, but there’s no finesse to the mission, no opportunity for stealth, no patient, tense wait for the perfect shot – just a lunatic fire fight from behind invisible walls followed by trying to kill Adolf in what feels almost like the hardest QTE ever. So shitty.

Good for a rental, but that’s about it.

Well I'm just outraged! To mistake clear glitches with awful A.I is unbelievable. And even worse, for people to think it's even possible to have a level with ELITE snipers and not spawn them, is plain moronic.

"I have this great idea for a level, and at the end I'm going to have elite snipers!"
"So you'll be spawning them in over time?"
"No, I'm just going to have them in the level from the start!"
"Surely not! The player would be dead within seconds of loading"
"But I can't have them appear from nowhere, how's that realistic?"
"It's a game you idiot!"
"Perhaps you're right"
"So are these snipers going to be able to see the slightest movement at 200m, after all they are supposed to be the best snipers in the world?"
"No, why would I do that!?"
"SO YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE A LEVEL WHERE YOU CAN EASILY KILL 6 ELITE RUSSIAN SNIPERS FROM THE START, RENDERING THE END OF THE LEVEL COMPLETELY POINTLESS!!!???".

Most levels can be stealthed. With a few glitches/intended cheating ruining some parts of levels. And why people think that enemies are continuously spawned is laughable, especially in the tunnel section, where there is a definite number of soldiers.

Most of the missions aren't that difficult but some are infuriating. Having to memorize the time and place of spawnpoints to be able to get to the end of a map is horrible game design. The game did bring out the masochistic side in me because I just had to finish it on Elite.

ksdixon

played the hell out of the demo on 360. rented on ps3. cant even complete the demo level. something about the ps3 controller just seems to be so unatural that i find myself fighting with it, whereas the 360 pad wad no problem to use. in adddition the enemies seem buffed/more aware. if i had have played this game on ps3 first i wud hqve thought it was crap. thankfully i tried the 360 demo previously so i already know it can be fun.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm impressed they added super sampling and an improved lighting setting for DX11 in the most recent patch. Super-sampling looks worlds better than the FXAA solution they had initially.

Short game, finished it in 6.5 hours or so. Had fun though and I picked it up at a really cheap price so it felt worth it.

I never managed to shoot someones balls off though... Only got incapacitated shots without xray.

Top Bottom