• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snoopy Flying Ace |OT| Quaffing Root Beers With Bill Mauldin

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
Who is that?

Damn, meant to say "ours" and by that I mean "My wife and I" Sorry if that was confusing.

Andrew Hernandez, environment artist. I taught him a thing or two and helped him so he could land the job, he started there a year and a half ago'ish :)

Raging Spaniard said:
Damn, meant to say "ours" and by that I mean "My wife and I" Sorry if that was confusing.

Andrew Hernandez, environment artist. I taught him a thing or two and helped him so he could land the job, he started there a year and a half ago'ish :)

Ah, Andrew is a cool dude. Tell him Matty said hi if you talk to him.

Bernbaum said:
Not quite so much a raping of my childhood as it is a very inappropriate hug.

There have been Snoopy dogfighting games before, presumably OK'd by Schulz himself. And while the 3D-ification is a little off-putting, it looks pretty good, all things considered, and I think the developer's heart is in the right place.

Linus is a little rough, though.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
Ah, Andrew is a cool dude. Tell him Matty said hi if you talk to him.

Doubtful, havent seen him in a while
we had a falling off of sorts, lol, he was mostly my wifes friend
But yeah for sure if I see him.

Did you use to work at Smart Bomb?

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Joe Shlabotnik said:
There have been Snoopy dogfighting games before, presumably OK'd by Schulz himself. And while the 3D-ification is a little off-putting, it looks pretty good, all things considered, and I think the developer's heart is in the right place.

Linus is a little rough, though.
I thought this about the PS2 Snoopy game as well, but the 3D characters remind me a lot of the old Peanuts Viewmaster reels, which used dolls of the characters to recreate scenes from the comics.

2b848l2

2c26rrc

I don't know if it was intentional or not (I'm guessing not), but it's a neat little homage nonetheless. Even if it is an inadvertent one.

And the game's still not up, dang it! I'd like to play it a bit before going to bed.

Gazunta

Oh hey I just wanted to say anyone who doesn't buy this is on my shit list for the next hundred million years.

Gowans

Enjoying it alot so far (not a fan of the music so turned it off), the game is basically Crimson Skies.

cjelly said:

I don't think to tho it has a option in settings to lock framerate that is on by default.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Gowans007 said:
Enjoying it alot so far (not a fan of the music so turned it off), the game is basically Crimson Skies.

I don't think to tho it has a option in settings to lock framerate that is on by default.
Yeah, just played it myself.

It's 30fps, but there's an option to turn off v-sync, but it doesn't provide any noticeable framerate improvements, just some tearing.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Stumpokapow said:
there's really no reason to blind buy any xbla titles

You gotta have a little faith, sometimes, man. You just gotta. What kind of a world would we live in without it?

Gazunta said:
Oh hey I just wanted to say anyone who doesn't buy this is on my shit list for the next hundred million years.

Good lord, you're alive.

Gowans

God this game is good, A HUGE ROBOT JUST CAME OUT OF THE GROUND in a online game.

Laughing at the Star Wars character avatars parachuting down in the map.

Rad-

Gowans007 said:
God this game is good, A HUGE ROBOT JUST CAME OUT OF THE GROUND in a online game.

Laughing at the Star Wars character avatars parachuting down in the map.

wat

Downloading now.

Well, I'm going to be late for work now.

Only got one match in and I got creamed but looks great.

Yes there's a "world hazard" on every map. The one I was playing on had a giant Snoopy statue firing lightning bolts at people.

S1kkZ

holy shit! why is that game so awesome?
didnt expect that. only played the demo so far but:
-great controls
-awesome graphics for a download title
-mp is fun
-sp seems good too

the demo has a 30 min online mp trial, so you can test the mp.
i played on a beach map and a giant f'ing water dragon came out of the water and attacked me.

Kajiba

Played the demo 10 minutes ago. Mad fun. Brought the full game right when I was done with the match :lol

Seriously, people need to go buy this.

mujun

Yep, picked this up after 2 minutes on the demo. I'll have to make an effort to actually play some GAFFERS online.

Played about 2 hours of online and it is awesome. There seems to minimal lag even in the large matches (which can be super chaotic at times). If anyone is looking for a flight combat game on the 360, they should definitely check it out. For 800 Allards, it's basically Crimson Skies for peanuts.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
snoopeasystreet said:
Played about 2 hours of online and it is awesome. There seems to minimal lag even in the large matches (which can be super chaotic at times). If anyone is looking for a flight combat game on the 360, they should definitely check it out. For 800 Allards, it's basically Crimson Skies for peanuts.

I see what you did there dot gif

donny2112

Gazunta said:
Oh hey I just wanted to say anyone who doesn't buy this is on my ... list for the next hundred million years.

Can you unlock flying the doghouse (even just as an image swap with a regular plane) in single-player? That determines whether I buy it or not. Not really big on dogfighting games, but it'd be worth $10 to fly the doghouse when I wanted to and not just as a kill streak temporary bonus in multi-player.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I got it, bloody awesome game so fun to just pick up and play, pure joy.

Definity

The health of the planes regenerates way to fast in multiplayer. Makes some of the dogfights draw out longer than they need to be.

Gowans

Awesome game.

Everything a xbla game should be in price, features & trail.

Putting Red Dead on hold for this, pure fun!

Kajiba

I love playing pigskin. Greatest thing on earth.

Also didn't know you can unlock avatar pictures when you rank up.

mjc

Are there some ex-Crimson Skies developers at Smart Bomb? Just curious, I've always had a hankering for CS2 and this might be a little fix if your guys' impressions are anything to go on.

Looking forward to trying it out tonight!

Gowans

I played the hell out of Crimson Skies but I'm having more fun with this.

It's really scratching a itch I didn't know I had so bad.

Why do I die every time I get Woodstock :( getting the Red Barron Avatar Unlock is gona be nails.

Gowans

Gryphter said:
Is there a single player campaign in this? Preview in the OP makes it appear so

Yeah about 25 missions I'd say, odd mix of mission types, defend, dog fight, follow, bomb run, collect etc. but multi is defo the games focus.

Top Bottom