• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snoopy Flying Ace |OT| Quaffing Root Beers With Bill Mauldin

It froze once for me (see earlier post) and it looked like it was threatening to a couple of other times. My 360 is almost three years old but I haven't had any other problems with it.

mjc

I really like the way it plays, but I think the FFA they use for the trial of the game is kinda shitty. There's just too much going on between all 16 players on the map shooting at each other that you just kinda hold down the fire button and hope you hit something. Hopefully the team-based stuff is a bit more "tactical" and just a touch less hectic.

Eric WK

mjc said:
I really like the way it plays, but I think the FFA they use for the trial of the game is kinda shitty. There's just too much going on between all 16 players on the map shooting at each other that you just kinda hold down the fire button and hope you hit something. Hopefully the team-based stuff is a bit more "tactical" and just a touch less hectic.

It's not.

Hank The Tank

Neo Member
snoopeasystreet said:
Yeah, it freezes for me fairly often as well. It usually happens when "joining game" is up on the screen. I dunno, I have a feeling my 360 is on it's last legs.

If you get a "host has left the game" and then search for a new game it would seem that you get a freeze. Pretty annoying.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
mjc said:

Some of it is. In Dog Pile, for example, one player picks up a "bone" and flies around with it. If they're killed, they drop the bone. Once one team has had the bone for <x> minutes (2 in the games I played), they win. I played Team Dog Pile and definitely the emphasis was on protecting the bone guy if he was on your team. Pretty tactical.

Like I said in my earlier posts, I really recommend using the turrets to anyone that wants to play a little less hectic variant of the game.

Hank The Tank said:
If you get a "host has left the game" and then search for a new game it would seem that you get a freeze. Pretty annoying.

Don't think that caused a freeze for me because it happened a few times and I haven't had a freeze.

Hank The Tank

Neo Member
Don't think that caused a freeze for me because it happened a few times and I haven't had a freeze.

Weird, that makes the game freeze for me ever time. Perhaps an indication that I should always be host. :p

I want to buy this game but I know that after a month or so hardly anyone will be playing. This is why I'm always hesitant of buying Arcade games.

Meus Renaissance said:
I want to buy this game but I know that after a month or so hardly anyone will be playing. This is why I'm always hesitant of buying Arcade games.

So buy it now while there's plenty of people to play with.

Gowans

Giant Bomb have a Quick Look up.
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-snoopy-flying-ace/17-2569/

Can't wait to bully my buds to get this in the weekend.

For the guys worrying about online players after launch I can see this being ok.

A few reasons, they don't have ranked and unranked games and you can drop in running games mid match. They have really thought about it do I'd say go for it like you would expect going from my other posts in the thread.

hetchi

This game is so much fun, been playing since yesterday! I don't really play online but it's so much fun once you get the hang of it.

:D

jedimike

Meus Renaissance said:

I really don't understand this logic... IT'S $10! You can go spend $10 on a movie ticket and it's over in 2 hours. Spend $10 on lunch and it's gone in 15 minutes. Hell, it costs you $15 a month to play WoW. Even if the online community flat-lined in two months, how is that not good enough?

besiktas1

1st time ever I was happy getting an achievement!!

Flawless!!!! 16 player random match, 25 kills 0 deaths. Second place had 7. :lol I stopped playing again. Retire as best in the world (I am dammit, don't spoil my night ^_^ :p)... First game tonight but a then switched off, :lol I'll be back tomorrow :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
besiktas1 said:
1st time ever I was happy getting an achievement!!

Flawless!!!! 16 player random match, 25 kills 0 deaths. Second place had 7. :lol I stopped playing again. Retire as best in the world (I am dammit, don't spoil my night ^_^ :p)... First game tonight but a then switched off, :lol I'll be back tomorrow :D

holy shit :p

are you playing as a heavy plane (pre-doghouse, naturally)?

robatw

played this game for almost 10 hours today and it is awesome...

it's just so much fun to own a normal deathmatch... 20+ kills in a row is no problem with good weapon combo + good mapcontrol...

i tried the demo with no intention to buy it....but it is THAT good...

The Woodstock gamer picture is awesome. No idea how it unlocks though.

Also Leech + Ammo upgrade + good distance = auto doghouse. Going 25-0 feels so awesome.

robatw

i unlocked that picture too but i don't know how.

i play with leech and shotgun. but unfortunately the shotgun isn't as effective as in single player mode where i kill almost every enemy with that gun..

I just tried out the demo, way more solid and polished than I expected. Really surprised by how good it plays and looks considering it's a licensed XBLA game. I've never really been into Peanuts but that doesn't matter, the game's awesome.

see5harp

So happy to see both RDR, Snoopy, and even Blur have avatar awards. The Charlie Brown t-shirt is actually pretty freaking awesome. The other avatar award is a "Red Baron outfit"!

robatw said:

i play with leech and shotgun. but unfortunately the shotgun isn't as effective as in single player mode where i kill almost every enemy with that gun..

I'm kind of glad to hear that the shotty isn't as powerful in multiplayer.. it's practically one shot kills :lol

Robobandit said:
I'm kind of glad to hear that the shotty isn't as powerful in multiplayer.. it's practically one shot kills :lol
No worries, Leeches take that space quite well. I have no idea how, I've been on both the receiving and offending end, but some special condition makes them simply annihilate the intended victim.

Rad-

robatw said:

I think the shotty is quite powerful actually. I fly with light plane right next to the enemy and bam, in most cases I get the kill. You just need to be very close to them, like under 5 meters or so. Which really is quite easy with a light plane.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Tried the demo, bought it right after the first game, and just picked up my Flawless achievement in a 25-0 game <3.

Nevermind, I just read they can do it with local... weak! :lol Leech was useless in Team dogfight(No trials or noobs), but is the only weapon you need in normal dogfight :lol

It is definitely Crimson Snoopy. Only one fault...it doesn't have the Chicago level =[

Gowans

Just had a 15mins on my lunch break, love it.

Was playing dogfight with another Gaffer & win them all :)

I'd think Leech was almost overpowered but it's their fault for not shaking it off with barrel riolls.

Leaderboard is stating around 12000 players now, good stuff!

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Gowans007 said:
Just had a 15mins on my lunch break, love it.

Was playing dogfight with another Gaffer & win them all :)

I'd think Leech was almost overpowered but it's their fault for not shaking it off with barrel riolls.

Leaderboard is stating around 12000 players now, good stuff!

I effing suck, man, I haven't won a goddamn thing :lol

Gowans

McBradders said:
I effing suck, man, I haven't won a goddamn thing :lol
It's all about the options you choose.

Also a tonne if Avatar stuff for this has gone up on the marketplace.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Gowans007 said:
It's all about the options you choose.

Also a tonne if Avatar stuff for this has gone up on the marketplace.

I've been having some success with Leech and Wingman. Wingman is fucking awesome. TINY PLANES!

Also been using a speedy plane, seems to be easier to stay alive in one of those.

taoofjord

Awesome game with beautiful graphics (I never, never thought I'd say that about a licensed snoopy game). After reading up on what the game was originally supposed to be (an open world action platformer with flying segments -- a la ratchet and clank) I sure hope this game sells well enough that the devs can make that happen.

Top Bottom