• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

syoaran said:
I thought the whole point of a live show is to watch people sing.....

Strongly dislike lip sync as you can tell.
Agreed!

If it's too difficult to sing and dance then what's the point? Either modify the dance routine to make it easier for people to sing live or allow for the singer to sort of eject from the group for a second to just sing and not dance.

Salazar

X-Frame said:
Agreed!

If it's too difficult to sing and dance then what's the point? Either modify the dance routine to make it easier for people to sing live or allow for the singer to sort of eject from the group for a second to just sing and not dance.

While we're at it, no more dancing in heels.

Fw1hr.jpg

zomg <3<3<3

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
The Roly Poly video was awesome.

0K.gif

aa.gif
he.gif

I wanted a lot more Soyeon though.

Jisook, Seung Ah, and Woori from Rainbow:
ta.gif

Peru

X-Frame said:
Agreed!

That was not my point. They mostly do very well singing through physically exhausting dances. But there are simply too many performances in an average promotion period, and add concerts to it as well then common sense tells us it's not healthy, it hurts their voices, they should make cuts in quantity.

X-Frame

Peru said:
That was not my point. They mostly do very well singing through physically exhausting dances. But there are simply too many performances in an average promotion period, and add concerts to it as well then common sense tells us it's not healthy, it hurts their voices, they should make cuts in quantity.
It makes sense no doubt. But I guess I just don't see the point then in pushing them to not being able to actually sing live during live shows or performances. If they're being worked too much, then they're being worked too much. I guess if they have no choice though ..

I personally would be very disappointed if I paid for a live performance but got the CD I've been listening too for months again. That video was for MTV, unless I'm out of it I'd think they'd prioritize that performance with live singing, and save the lip-syncing for less publicized showings.

Obviously this isn't limited to SNSD but all groups.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Girl's Day first mini album incoming!

bRxP0.jpg

j9jHj.jpg

Same composer as Twinkle, Twinkle.

Dice

That's because Yura is also extremely smoking hot and Hyeri is mostly cute. Hyrei has potential as she gets older. You know Hyunah and Jiyeon got way hotter.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Yeah, definitely. Hyeri is really really cute. Especially in Twinkle Twinkle :D That song will never get old, I love it.

JJp4i.jpg

Dice

I love the sound of her voice. So cute. Twinkle Twinkle is like the new Honey.

9qQEc.jpg

Dice

Alta1r said:
Lol, she already gets the "she looks just like Sica" treatment, now she's pulling a Sica attitude impersonation too.
No, that's Yoona attitude.

i0UWX.gif
uysbH.gif
4dsDU.gif

Sica is the ice cold gangster style.

WT7oJ.gif

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Alta1r said:
Lol, she already gets the "she looks just like Sica" treatment, now she's pulling a Sica attitude impersonation too.
So mediocre looks and a bad attitude.

She just can't catch a break.

Dice

Sojin is cute but she is like Lizzy where her expressions make her way more cute than in images. Minah has try-hard "charisma" but Sojin has real charisma.

X-Frame said:
Agreed!

Yeah, this is one of the things I don't like about Kpop. Also why can't SNSD get a real band?!

panda21

watching oh my school idol athletics 2.. this is so dumb lol

the trunk lift thing is basically just who is tallest

Hwayoung like a boss :D

Alta1r

Peru said:
Well it's not so much kpop.. Kpop artists generally do less lipsynching on tv than western pop stars (X Factor appearances etc).

Anyway, yeah, SNSD always sound great with a band. Hope to see more of it.. they should bring some on tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCtUXZP1QTY

Dude, this one (Beautiful Restriction) was amazing. It's nice hearing their voices without all the editing and/or them not being able to sing as well cause they're all out of breath.

EDIT: Taeyeon is like 2 steps above the others voice-wise.

Alta1r said:
Taeyeon is like 2 steps above the others voice-wise.

And 3 steps below the husky, charasmatic vocal stylings of the beautiful Kim Hyoyeon.

>_>

I think Hyoyeon sounds like Ginger Spice tbh, take that as you will :D

Alta1r

Phonomezer said:
And 3 steps below the husky, charasmatic vocal stylings of the beautiful Kim Hyoyeon.

>_>

I think Hyoyeon sounds like Ginger Spice tbh, take that as you will :D

That orc-blood helps lower her voice a few octaves. =D
j/k

Alta1r

Peru what have you done?? I just spent 35 minutes watching all the related videos on that performance.

It's good to hear normal English accents when Sica/Fany cover English songs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom