• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanty

Ranvier said:
Just got through episode 12 of IY, and Sunwha's idiocy is by far the funniest part of this entire show.
That's mostly an act. I remember reading something about her agency told her to act like that to get attention because no one knew who she was back then. It tones down as the series goes on.

Salazar

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/07/hahas-composed-response-to-hateful-comments-surprises-netizens

Artist HaHa’s surprisingly calm way of dealing with hateful comments have caught the attention of many netizens.

On July 10th, an unsatisfied netizen showed his discontent commenting, “Please stop being so ostentatious in ‘Infinite Challenge‘ and ‘Running Man‘. I lose my appetite when I’m watching it. It’s really hard finding these shows overseas and you’re making them not fun“, via twitter.

In response, HaHa replied very calmly, “Okay. But I have to continue doing this. There are some people who enjoy my antics“.

When netizens came across the hate comment and HaHa’s response they cheered and sided with HaHa, by leaving comments such as, “I wonder how hurt he must have been when seeing this comment“, “The person is making it hard to make money to live. HaHa fighting“, and “I enjoy the shows“.

HaHa then responded to his supporters by posting a message saying, “Thank you. I don’t get hurt that easily. Who is there to comfort me when I’m lonely? You guys. Mine and your comfort? God! My ultimate back up! Go! I won’t die!”

9ZKl2.gif

Netizens lol. HaHa is a champ.

vordhosbn

Banned
Ranvier said:
Just got through episode 12 of IY, and Sunwha's idiocy is by far the funniest part of this entire show. And seeing Yuri in her prime (even though shes always wearing 30 layers of clothes) really makes me sad about her current skinny phase. Though recent pictures are a definite improvement from 2-3 months ago and skinny or curvy she remains way ahead of anyone else.
I'm not sure if that makes her seemingly innocent or an idiot but the captions killed me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
On July 10th, an unsatisfied netizen showed his discontent commenting, “Please stop being so ostentatious in ‘Infinite Challenge‘ and ‘Running Man‘. I lose my appetite when I’m watching it. It’s really hard finding these shows overseas and you’re making them not fun“, via twitter.
Wow, what an asshole.

Salazar said:
Airport Soshi.
Yoona~ <3

Ronok

RM41 was so good. :D

Kwang Soo's getting stuck had me dying with laughter. He's easily my favourite member on the show.

Dice

RM is too funny. They had Jihyo pick a tube at random to get the song they should sing and none of them knew it so they were way harsh on her.

TjOmg.jpg

VEm2K.jpg

ErSBO.jpg

MdLM8.jpg

n7MAN.jpg

ZFrDX.jpg

5BcFh.jpg

ypc32.jpg

IUa4r.jpg

ROFL @ crying without tears

Genius

Dice

Yoo In Na on Heroes

CxDgB.jpg

afS1m.jpg

zYbcC.jpg

8oo4n.jpg

jSA2O.gif

One I made from Secret Garden (she is great on SG but Kim Sa Rang is better):
yooinna5o0x.gif

Alta1r

Dice said:
Yoo In Na on Heroes
jSA2O.gif

One I made from Secret Garden (she is great on SG but Kim Sa Rang is better):
yooinna5o0x.gif

She's definitely better in motion than in stills.

Which Korean actresses are currently the top box office draw/command the most per contract these days?

Dice

Getting addicted to RM.

Eunjung with wifey-like selcas

jLrn0.jpg

K22xW.jpg

Good morning, dear

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
been pretty bored lately, think I'll start watching RM. what are some good episodes besides the sunny/yoona one? Will be watching mainly for jihyo <3

Swag

Thanks for the recommendations guys, took the better part of the last day and a half reading through this thread. Sticking with T-Ara, FX, SNSD, and Son dam bi, and Miss A

Is being attractive a qualifier for being a K-Idol? None of these women are even remotely unattractive vs. people like Adele who can sing but aren't really that hot.

Dice

Sebulon3k said:
Is being attractive a qualifier for being a K-Idol? None of these women are even remotely unattractive vs. people like Adele who can sing but aren't really that hot.
Pretty much. It's not like US/UK where you cut a deal with a record company after already being a performer, but these are agencies that hold auditions and a lot of people come in their early-to-mid teens and are trained several years by the agency to become a performer. The performer usually gets a large payment up-front and their life expenses are covered for their training days, but they have long-standing contracts o ensure a return on all those investments by the company. In this way, it's more similar to the Disney and Nickelodeon style of promotion but aimed at a much wider audience.

The format is mostly due to how things were previously, where money to promote was limited so they were trying to get the production up to a level that is competitive with the rest of the world rather than take a risk on someone they didn't train/don't control. I'd say that now things are different for the larger agencies, and they have enough money that they could start to do things the way other countries do at least partially, but their control over the Korean market is too useful to put at risk in any sense and they are still in competition with each other. It makes more sense for them to keep their way of doing things and export to Japan and the rest of Southeast Asia, especially since the whole region seems very much into aesthetics rather than conveying a bold attitude (which honestly seems to be the only thing westerners care about).

Alta1r

Is there an easy way to tell which names are probably to certainly male and which ones are female for a non-speaker? So far I can't tell until I see a picture or someone uses a pronoun.

snsd-jessica.jpg
im-yoona-images_17328.jpg

Ronok

Sebulon3k said:

Yeah, because the rest of the world is just shitting out unattractive idols. There are some examples, but no matter where you are it's going to be harder to make a breakthrough without the looks.

For the record, I do think there are a number of girls/guys in kpop who aren't all that attractive. Shindong (Super Junior) for example isn't exactly what you'd expect. I can't remember their names, because honestly I don't care about them, but at least 2 of the girls in wonder girls aren't what I'd call attractive either.

I think my point is, yeah it's going to be harder, but that's the same everywhere.

Alta1r said:
Is there an easy way to tell which names are probably to certainly male and which ones are female for a non-speaker? So far I can't tell until I see a picture or someone uses a pronoun.

snsd-jessica.jpg
im-yoona-images_17328.jpg

Hmmm I guess there are male and female names. After a while I'm able to tell pretty accurately from names, but I don't know if there is a way to tell without just becoming accustomed to them. :-/

Tristam

Alta1r said:

Not really. Some syllables, like "Mi" (which is derived from the Chinese word meaning "beauty'), indicate clearly feminine names, and there are some masculine equivalents as well, but I think Korean has more unisex names than English does.

Dice

UGH the people from Eat Your Kimchi are on Running Man 19. Quit infecting good things and making foreigners look like twats! I think I'm just going to skip to the hide & seek...

Salazar

orangecaramel said:
been pretty bored lately, think I'll start watching RM. what are some good episodes besides the sunny/yoona one? Will be watching mainly for jihyo <3

28 is amazing. Byung Man is an awesome guest.

Alta1r

Tristam said:
Not really. Some syllables, like "Mi" (which is derived from the Chinese word meaning "beauty'), indicate clearly feminine names, and there are some masculine equivalents as well, but I think Korean has more unisex names than English does.

Lol, damn, looks like my Google search history will continue to be filled with Korean names for the near future.

snsd-yoona_17084.jpg

Dice

How is Yoona so pretty?! My brain can't understand it.

Even though I think Sunny is looking better than ever, there is this annoying girl I know who reminds me of her, so now Sunny keeps bringing up annoying memories when I see her. :(

Alta1r

Salazar said:

Man, errtime I see her, she just keeps getting better and better. I can't even imagine how good she'll look when she's like 25, 26 and fully in her prime.

EDIT: Crap, Sal your images tricked me! Fixed to be the right person, aka Yoona.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Alta1r said:
Man, errtime I see her, she just keeps getting better and better. I can't even imagine how good she'll look when she's like 25, 26 and fully in her prime.
Indeed. Tiffany is glorious.

Alta1r

CHEEZMO™ said:
Indeed. Tiffany is glorious.

Tiff has been looking better recently too. All of them have been looking better as they age into fully grown women.
Yes, even the orc.
Except for Yuri, but that's not an age thing as much as an eating disorder thing. Lol.

Salazar

Jong Kook on JiHyo: "I think we're all in a period of weariness with you".

And then JiHyo turns round and burns GwangSoo: "Don't pretend to be sharp".

Fuck, I love this show.

vanty

Dice said:
UGH the people from Eat Your Kimchi are on Running Man 19. Quit infecting good things and making foreigners look like twats! I think I'm just going to skip to the hide & seek...
You can basically just skip anything to do with food, they're the worst parts of the show. Sometimes they do a 'roll a dice to see how much X you have to drink" game that can be funny though.

Salazar

vanty said:
Sometimes they do a 'roll a dice to see how much X you have to drink" game that can be funny though.

The one where the 12 sided die roll decided how many lemons were going to be juiced for your drink was awesome.

I think it was Jong Kook - the die looked like it was a 2 and then toppled over to be a 12.

Wikipedia said:
Mission 3 was Leisure Time for a Cup of Tea. This mission was discontinued after episode ten due to controversies.[8]

Controversies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom