• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

vanty said:
You can basically just skip anything to do with food, they're the worst parts of the show. Sometimes they do a 'roll a dice to see how much X you have to drink" game that can be funny though.

Any alcohol drinking involved or is it always something tame?

Salazar

Alta1r said:

No alcohol, but it's not easy.

I remember the one where they pulled out a spoon to decide how much coffee, and another spoon to decide how much sugar. You could get a ladle of coffee and a toothpick of sugar, or vice versa. That shit was ugly, and there was a bit of cheating.

vanty

Alta1r said:
Coffee, lemon stuff, weird Korean stuff which I guess tastes bad, etc. Basically they either roll a dice to choose number of spoonfuls, or choose a spoon of varying sizes. So some have to drink a cup of coffee that is like half coffee, half water and you can see the pain in their eyes. Others get barely any stuff spooned in, so they're drinking almost entirely hot water and it can be even worse.

Alta1r

Ah, not saying those challenges can't be hard if there's no alcohol involved, but it seems like the show would be even more entertaining if some of these guys were forced to get tipsy/drunk. This is all based on what I've read in this thread about the show, I've never actually seen any of it.

jessica_snsd_200907151.jpg

Alta1r

Damn I really want to see these girls standing next to American stars. Or, even better, next to me. It's hard to judge how tall/big these girls actually are. I see Sooyoung and Yoona in pics and they look tall as hell next to the other Soshi members, so my brain automatically assumes they're like 5'9" 5'10" cause that's what normal/tall models are around here. I can't imagine them being like 5'5" 5'6". Especially with how skinny they are, they'd just be TINY, especially the smaller members like Taeyeon and Sunny.

redheart_yoona_SNSD_by_SujuSaranghae.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Alta1r said:
Damn I really want to see these girls standing next to American stars. Or, even better, next to me. It's hard to judge how tall/big these girls actually are. I see Sooyoung and Yoona in pics and they look tall as hell next to the other Soshi members, so my brain automatically assumes they're like 5'9" 5'10" cause that's what normal/tall models are around here. I can't imagine them being like 5'5" 5'6". Especially with how skinny they are, they'd just be TINY, especially the smaller members like Taeyeon and Sunny.
Sooyoung is 5'7"

Yes, Taeyeon and Sunny are adorably short.

Salazar said:
This is the truth.
Better check with gayming age. You guys are biased against dudes.

Ranvier

Salazar said:
This is the truth.

vQywz.jpg
DAseb.jpg

Is it just me, or does she look like shes hiding an awesome body underneath those clothes?

And from the little I've picked up from the IY translator's notes, most of the variety shows are edited to be very clean so they can have as wide an audience as possible. I remember they bleeped out Yuri when she used a informal word to make fun of Taewoo. It wasn't even a swear.
But on the other hand, IY did have an episode where all the girls made alcohol and they showed the older male guests drinking straight from the bottle and even showed Narsha taking shots with a guy. Granted, it was out of the cap for the Soju bottle but it still aired. They didn't show any of the younger girls drinking though they did admit that they drink at their dorm.

It might not be the show's fault either, but rather, the girls' managers said they will beat if they do anything of the sort on camera.

Narsha on the show just gives off the vibe of "I'm too cool/old for some of this shit and I simply don't give a fuck.

Salazar

Ranvier said:
Is it just me, or does she look like shes hiding an awesome body underneath those clothes?

From a few pages back:

eunjung1.gif

Yes. Eunjung is smoking hot.

She was really shy when she was on Running Man, which was a bit of a shame. Hyomin would probably be a good guest.

Dice

Group of endless selcas, Rainbow (this is just a small recent sampling)

S7wXT.jpg

ldjz2.jpg

1U6WC.jpg

m0Npz.jpg

HvwuU.jpg
uyfrQ.jpg

Jisook <3 my condolences, sweetie &#12640;&#12640;

5NG9D.jpg

bXekN.jpg

DvvVv.jpg

3FoAI.jpg

Ranvier said:
You don't know much about Eunjung, do you?

PB1G9.jpg

syoaran

Salazar said:
BQ9Ym.gif

Oh shit. Yoomes Bond. JaeSuk in his betrayal aspect ?

I just got to this episode, looking forward to it ~

Got a new job that affords me the ability to get into Korea quite regularly next year. So going to be an extra in RM ~

Alta1r

I just finished the last third of Invincible Youth episode 12 where they're talking about each other and showing previously filmed footage of examples that match what they're saying and so much of that footage is stuff that happened earlier in the season but that they've never shown before. It makes me wonder how much actual footage they have of errthing and how little of it actually makes the cut.

The SNSD girls being the most different on and off stage was pretty funny too. Ranvier your girl might not be who you think she is, sleeping with her tongue out and errthing lol.

yoona_pitch.jpg

DXPett1

syoaran said:
I just got to this episode, looking forward to it ~

Got a new job that affords me the ability to get into Korea quite regularly next year. So going to be an extra in RM ~

tumblr_lnsl34rexW1qdcel5o1_400.gif

Aim high dude...going to be a guest on RM :D
zero chance right?

Dice

Well let's just say you didn't see Hara's charming dance on the KBS year-end special.

Salazar

As mentioned on the Korean Constitution, the president of KBS is recommended by its board of directors to the President of Korea.

It makes sense that it is, by and large, quite conservative if its links to the political establishment are kind of strong.

Soshi backstage with a Japanese actor.

R4e2M.jpg

DXPett1

Salazar said:
Don't know if the actor is unusually tall (probably) or if this is a valid illustration of Soshi shortness.

Probably this. If
when
I meet them in person I will still be shocked on how small they are despite all the logic in my brain tells me I already know this...

Salazar

Military Genie outfits were so silly but so awesome.

Crazy Online K-Pop Poll Chronicles said:
Recently, an online poll was created with the question "Which girl group member is the most likable and has the best facial proportions?" Girls' Generation Seohyun emerged in first place with 51.9%. She received an overwhelming number of votes with 120 out of the total 231.

The head of Lux Plastic Surgery, Kang Minjun explained that "Seohyun's forehead, nose, chin, cheeks and the rest of her face have natural and ideal facial proportions. This gives off a comfortable and likable image to the public eye."

Girls' Generation's generally well-received image is also one of the reasons that they were chosen to be the models for acclaimed company, Intel. A representative further commented that an image of friendliness is important in order to lead a brand since it is one of the factors that will attract the attention of the public.

Meanwhile, 2NE1's Sandara Park came in second with 45 votes, while fellow labelmate f(x)'s Sulli came in third with 42 votes.

EnU2q.gif

Salazar

Kyon said:
is this thread safe from the new rules? :(

Nobody knows. Best to err on the side of work-safe, which has generally been the case anyway. Granted, it's probably not good to be browsing K-Pop stuff at most workplaces, but it's discreditable on grounds of frivolousness more than scandal or "lewdness".

I used up most of my sexy gifs in the old thread, in any case.

Salazar

^^^^^^ C'mon man, that totally counts as sexy.

I miss the big multiple-group dance battles. Are they supposed to be annual ?

I am, by the way, going to use the results of that poll whenever someone hates on Seohyun.

DXPett1

Salazar

Are they working together or just hanging out ?

Edit: the more I read that plastic surgeon's comments about Seohyun, the more I think he's blind. I don't think she's beautiful because her face is terribly regular; it's kind of the opposite.

Since some posters (including myself) are learning Korean, would there be enough interest in making a thread for it if it doesn't already exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom