• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

filler

Banned
High five, Sal!
2Y3Ss.png

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Park Shin Hye taking girl next door charm to the max!

DVR7M.jpg

waahh! so cute!

F5baQ.jpg

nnnnnnnggggg

yREKY.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3

gNNkl.jpg

even with bad makeup...

tlvdU.jpg

*sigh*

ozQtG.jpg

omg she's looking!

b89F5.jpg

I...uh... &#49324;&#46993;&#54644;&#50836;

epcwA.jpg

"shinhye-ssi, how can you get any more wonderful?"
"hmmmm... I'm not sure"
"then it's a mystery to both of us"

Dice

As big as the love in her heart, which then is in your heart... for her... when you eat it.

Tristam

Cass isn't too bad. It's slightly better than OB, which in turn is roughly one million times better than Hite, the most god-awful brand of beer this side of Milwaukee's Best.

In Korea, you'd best stick with their traditional alcohol. Makgeolli is the bomb and a perfect complement to a Korean-style pancake.

vanty

hahahah

bJMik.jpg

Rainbow girls really do tweet a lot of pictures. Probably second only to Chrissy Teigen of the people I follow.

shahkur

OK. Watched the first few eps of "We Got married" Seohyun and Yonghwa. I gotta say. I kinda have a feeling Seohyun isnt THAT innocent/pure/kind, just on camera she is. Like in the 1st ep, when she does the random choice/dip out of the CN Blue members as to who she thinks she'll be marrying, she chooses Yonghwa. Now, I aint gay, but even I can tell she purposely picked him as he is the best looking out of the group. If she really was innocent, she would have picked one of the other less attractive members.

But, my opinion may change overtime. So we'll see. As for Yonghwa, seems like a laid back kind of guy, bit of a show off but that's kinda expected.

Salazar

I think the company definitely decided to specifically emphasise Seohyun's innocent side for quite a while. I think it is part of her character, and it was complemented by being the maknae - but I don't think she could live in a dorm with 8 pretty worldly girls for a few years and not change. But she does come over in her WGM, at least at the start, as if she is still the Keroro fangirl with dorky hair.

Who says yes to everything.

I've decided I do want more Soshi WGM. Just not Tiff. I couldn't take it. Taeyeon's would have been fascinating if they hadn't sabotaged it.

shahkur

Why what happened to Taeyoon's WGM? Whose the fat guy with her?

How often to they get new couples in the show? Will anymore of the girls be doing the show? Wouldn't mind seeing one with Yuri or Tiffany.

ramyeon

Tristam said:
Cass isn't too bad. It's slightly better than OB, which in turn is roughly one million times better than Hite, the most god-awful brand of beer this side of Milwaukee's Best.

In Korea, you'd best stick with their traditional alcohol. Makgeolli is the bomb and a perfect complement to a Korean-style pancake.
I'll drink Hite over Cass any day. Makgeoli is great on occasion but the killer hangovers aren't really worth it :lol Soju is definitely my Korean alcohol of choice; goes down great with almost any Korean foods as well.

Salazar

shahkur said:
Why what happened to Taeyoon's WGM? Whose the fat guy with her?

How often to they get new couples in the show? Will anymore of the girls be doing the show? Wouldn't mind seeing one with Yuri or Tiffany.

A comedian (not a good one) called Hyungdon. It is one of life's mysteries why they chose him instead of some hunky idol.

I guess there might be more Soshi on the show. It probably soaks up a bit of time to shoot, though, and their schedule is probably not going to get lighter now that they're into Japan.

ramyeon

Salazar said:
A comedian (not a good one) called Hyungdon. It is one of life's mysteries why they chose him instead of some hunky idol.

I guess there might be more Soshi on the show. It probably soaks up a bit of time to shoot, though, and their schedule is probably not going to get lighter now that they're into Japan.
Hyungdon's hilarious. I'm guessing you haven't seen Infinite Challenge before?

shahkur

Salazar said:

LOL, and here I was thinking he was a random normal fat dude. Because I too thought she would have a male idol, oh well. Still worth a watch?

Salazar

shahkur said:
LOL, and here I was thinking he was a random normal fat dude. Because I too thought she would have a male idol, oh well. Still worth a watch?

If they did WGMs with random dudes and girls, Korea would melt down.

Worth a bit of a look, but not ahead of a heap of other stuff - Invincible Youth, Running Man, Girls Go To School.

shahkur

Salazar said:
If they did WGMs with random dudes and girls, Korea would melt down.

Worth a bit of a look, but not ahead of a heap of other stuff - Invincible Youth, Running Man, Girls Go To School.

Are all of those subbed by Soshi subs? Because they're the subs I use for WGM, good qualty too. Only problem is you need to be a member and have over 50 posts on their forums to get/watch the eps.

Salazar

You can stream subbed eps in the Video Section on Soshified just by signing up, which is easy. You only need the 50 posts to download. They do pretty much everything Soshi have been in. They have a few Sunny and Yuri Invincible Youth eps, Factory Girl, Girls Go to School, Hello Baby, Horror Movie Factory, heaps of other variety and interview stuff.

Isubs do Running Man and Family Outing. You can choose from a bunch of viewing options just by signing up. Or watch the Running Man stuff in their DailyMotion channel. I'd post links if I weren't on an iPad.

shahkur

Salazar said:
You can stream subbed eps in the Video Section on Soshified just by signing up, which is easy. You only need the 50 posts to download. They do pretty much everything Soshi have been in. They have a few Sunny and Yuri Invincible Youth eps, Factory Girl, Girls Go to School, Hello Baby, Horror Movie Factory, heaps of other variety and interview stuff.

Isubs do Running Man and Family Outing. You can choose from a bunch of viewing options just by signing up. Or watch the Running Man stuff in their DailyMotion channel. I'd post links if I weren't on an iPad.

Thank you Salazar, you've been really helpful. Will look into all of it. Also, can any of them act, as in dramas. I know Yoona(?) has/does.

Wanted to say I like their songs "The great escape" and "Gee".

Salazar

I wouldn't say any of them can act really well, except in light comic parts. At which they are pretty damn good. I don't think anybody but Yoona has actually done a proper drama.

This is the Runnng Man channel. I think Yuri is ep 16, and it is adorable.

http://www.dailymotion.com/isubs

Alta1r

Salazar said:
I've decided I do want more Soshi WGM. Just not Tiff. I couldn't take it. Taeyeon's would have been fascinating if they hadn't sabotaged it.

I'd be down to see Yoona on this. And live the dream vicariously through some hunky kpop idol like Taecyeon or someone. Lol.

I'd love to see how Sica would fare on WGM too. I imagine they'd need an older/more mature guy who could handle the Ice Princess without getting all worked up.

EkumYh.jpg

Alta1r

Salazar said:
She even looks good with crazy pink hair.

Edit: Wrong girl. Thought you meant Serri.

5Kr4s.jpg

This girl is Seri? What group is she in? I can't tell yet whether I like what I see or not. I need to do some research. =P

ramyeon

Alta1r said:
This girl is Seri? What group is she in? I can't tell yet whether I like what I see or not. I need to do some research. =P
She's in Dal Shabet. Best looking one in the group easily but that isn't even a really good photo of her.

Maddness

This is my favorite thread on GAF. Tiffany is the best! I need to start watching more of these shows. I just watched a random Running Man episode and it was hilarious.

Biscuits

Actually, going back to the plastic surgery discussion, do you guys think Taeyeon got a nose job? Obviously I'm not hatin', but her nostrils especially just seem way too circular. Also looking at past photos (like 1st album era stuff) it does looks different now compared to then. But then again, how would they find the time for the operation/recovery. Anyways, she looks great regardless.

Are they back in Korea for promotions in September? Can't wait
3AQmK.gif

Metrotab

Banned
Do you guys know Silis? He's a translator on Soompi (I think), and he's kinda like oniontaker squared in his analytical skills of what's going on in the industry. He wrote a 5 post collection of fan accounts with a red line throughout it. It seems like they're really pushing a form of revolution in the Japanese idol scene and what people expect of idol groups in general. Good read, and his other posts are cool too.

You can navigate with the arrow buttons at the top.
http://miraclesof9.livejournal.com/87913.html

vordhosbn

Banned
That was a very sensational piece of writing. I'm not saying his interpretation of their success is inaccurate but it feels hyperbolic.

It's obvious the fans share a lot of the same ideas about their stage presence and expertise but I'm not sure what they mean by their emerging popularity has them turned away from being idols? Maybe what is occurring is hard to explain but it's not the death of idols. Though they are definitely not just a replication like other idols but a group with strong abilities that supplement the Korean wave to a whole new degree.

Dice

Lucky kid... I want Jiyeon to run her fingers through my hair...

T-Kara love is the best.

Dice

Best album is easily Kara's Revolution. It is flawless. Nothing has touched it.

Impossible to pick a best song because they are suited to different moods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom