• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Watching RM 33. Jae Suk getting mobbed by fangirls.

RPufS.gif

XTM8Z.gif

zKGC7.gif

FILJZ.gif

M9yuv.gif

filler

Banned
The more videos I watch with Hyoyeon in them, the more I hate her personality. She seems like one of those girls that always tries to be funny, but only other girls think she is funny. Whereas guys just find her annoying most of the time.

Ranvier

filler said:
The more videos I watch with Hyoyeon in them, the more I hate her personality. She seems like one of those girls that always tries to be funny, but only other girls think she is funny. Whereas guys just find her annoying most of the time.

Which shows have you been watching. On Hello Baby she was okay, more a wall flower then anything else and she just hogged the baby along with Sunny. On the few variety shows I've seen she is almost as bad as Seohyun in that she doesn't talk at all. I can see how she can be the annoying one, like she is trying to hard because already gets a bad rap compared to the rest of her group. But any specific examples?

But she does make up for it with

w805t.gif

ZCPn0.jpg
snsd-w-magazine-hyoyeon.jpg

And the rest just because.

Zv9t0.jpg

SnZBC.jpg

tumblr_ljf9660nMp1qikztpo1_250.gif
WOcQ0.gif
346q92w.gif
coolyuri.gif
gallery24231821171548.jpg
2m4d0yt.gif

When did Seohyun...ahem...grow up?

2011-05-20_10_3B16_3B55_2XONJEvwK8.jpg
2011-05-20_10_3B17_3B12_IMDnuohFWH.jpg

filler

Banned
Ranvier said:
Which shows have you been watching. On Hello Baby she was okay, more a wall flower then anything else and she just hogged the baby along with Sunny. On the few variety shows I've seen she is almost as bad as Seohyun in that she doesn't talk at all. I can see how she can be the annoying one, like she is trying to hard because already gets a bad rap compared to the rest of her group. But any specific examples?

But she does make up for it with

w805t.gif

ZCPn0.jpg
snsd-w-magazine-hyoyeon.jpg
Unf, Hyo is the hottest.

I've only seen short random clips with her and the first episode of hello baby. It's just the vibe I'm getting from her. I was somewhat put off by everyone on hello baby, except for Tiffany. How could sunny be so awesome in IY and then not be in HB?

Salazar

That Hyosung pic is amazing.

I remember feeling kind of bad for Hyo when she mentioned (on one of those teary interview things) how she felt really bad not speaking up and participating like the other members early in Soshi's career - and how she knew her family would all tune in to watch her and she wasn't being the person they knew.

Yoogeun stealing Kyungsan's women.

YyNDc.gif

keuja said:
Pardon my complete ignorance in KPOP apart from SNSD but who's the girl in black from 0:43?

Not sure. I like how Sulli writes in a kind of completely invisible peach colour.

ramyeon

keuja said:
So that's what the other members mean when they talk about Seohyun now becoming a lady...

'Thanks European Fans' from SMTOWN Video

Pardon my complete ignorance in KPOP apart from SNSD but who's the girl in black from 0:43?
Dana from Cheon Sang Ji Hee. She used to be a solo artist with SM back in the early 2000s, but then she was put into CSJH; a group that was supposed to be the female version of DBSK. They haven't been active for around 4 years so that's why you probably don't know her. They just released a new single as a duo (나 좀 봐줘 (One More Chance)) which is great, definitely check it out. The girl next to her is Sunday, same group, and there are 2 girls who have been MIA since their comeback (Lina and Stephanie).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
keuja said:
Dana from current two-member Dana & Sunday, formerly part of 4-member CSJH a.k.a. The Grace, a much-hyped girl group that was utterly outshined by SNSD.

Edit: Beaten...

ramyeon

Dice said:
Dana from current two-member Dana & Sunday, formerly part of 4-member CSJH a.k.a. The Grace, a much-hyped girl group that was utterly outshined by SNSD.
CSJH are still 4 members though, they're just promoting this single as CSJH - Dana & Sunday. I wouldn't compare them to SNSD. CSJH are to DBSK what SNSD is to Suju.

Dice

It's not a comparison, it's the fact they were forgotten when SNSD hit the spotlight.

ramyeon

Dice said:
It's not a comparison, it's the fact they were forgotten when SNSD hit the spotlight.
I'd say it's more due to the amount of time they spent promoting in Japan, and then they started doing other things like musicals. The current state of kpop shows us that more than 1 girl group can definitely promote and be popular at the same time ;)

Dice

ramyeon said:
I'd say it's more due to the amount of time they spent promoting in Japan, and then they started doing other things like musicals. The current state of kpop shows us that more than 1 girl group can definitely promote and be popular at the same time ;)
야! 소녀시대 짱!

Honestly, they are #9 for me in girl group rankings. Don't kill me.

Ranvier

filler said:
Unf, Hyo is the hottest.

I've only seen short random clips with her and the first episode of hello baby. It's just the vibe I'm getting from her. I was somewhat put off by everyone on hello baby, except for Tiffany. How could sunny be so awesome in IY and then not be in HB?

The pacing is really off in HB. SO much so that I found myself skipping around a lot during the episodes. Not nearly as good as IY. Sunny and Hyoyeon mostly take care of the kid while the others dick around. You should at least watch till episode 5 because the prank they pull on Seohyun is pretty funny.

Has anyone seen SNSD on Horror Movie Factory. Was that any good?

filler

Banned
You guys ever heard of a Korean "actress" that went by the names Tessa/Connie Lee/Connie Ash? If not, I would highly suggest looking into her films. She made 3 amazing movies and then disappeared from the scene.

ramyeon

Dice said:
야! 소녀시대 짱!
나도 소녀시대 좋은데 천상지희 무시하지마^^

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Ranvier said:
Has anyone seen SNSD on Horror Movie Factory. Was that any good?

Yeah, it's pretty good. Only 6 episodes long so it's not much. Can easily finish it in 1 night.

ramyeon

orangecaramel said:
Yeah, it's pretty good. Only 6 episodes long so it's not much. Can easily finish it in 1 night.
I remember the first few episodes being fun and then it slowly getting worse, that's why it was canned I guess. The ones in the old house and school were great.
You guys ever heard of a Korean "actress" that went by the names Tessa/Connie Lee/Connie Ash? If not, I would highly suggest looking into her films. She made 3 amazing movies and then disappeared from the scene.
Nice troll.

Just a warning not to Google this name at work.

Alta1r

ramyeon said:
나도 소녀시대 좋은데 천상지희 무시하지마^^

The only thing I got from the above is this: 소녀시대

Mainly based on that link from the last page.

Metrotab

Banned
Someone asked for a full version of Perfume's Nee:
http://www.jpopasia.com/group/perfume/videos/nee::2461.html

For some reason their label company really dislikes putting full music videos and performances on YouTube, although they're rather inconsistent in deciding what gets to stay and what gets flagged. Perfume is my other favorite girl group next to SNSD, so it was pretty cool to see them interact on Japanese shows.

In September, SNSD is planning on promoting in Korea again, which happens to coincide with the long awaited return of their old-time rivals Wonder Girls. I think this is the first time they faced each other straight up in a music show chart competition.

Dice

Those are great.

Edit: Does that say the title track for blue is Wonder Boy? lol

SnZBC.jpg

That is hotter than anything I've seen from SNSD combined.

Well, back when Yuri was thick, I remember a gif or two that made me do a double-take. But, those days are but a fond memory.

ramyeon

vas_a_morir said:
SnZBC.jpg

That is hotter than anything I've seen from SNSD combined.

Well, back when Yuri was thick, I remember a gif or two that made me do a double-take. But, those days are but a fond memory.
It's amazing how Hyosung made that hair colour look good. And it's understandable how whenever I search Hyosung in Naver the suggestions are Hyosung's chest and Hyosung's thighs haha.

Zinger's genie pants are pretty offensive though, bad styling right there.

DXPett1

filler said:

Depends on your mood I guess. The last SNSD interview I watched I felt Tiffany was such a TV time hog. The whole group was there and it felt like 80% Tiffany 20% whoever could butt in quickly enough.

vanty

Metrotab said:
Someone asked for a full version of Perfume's Nee:
http://www.jpopasia.com/group/perfume/videos/nee::2461.html

For some reason their label company really dislikes putting full music videos and performances on YouTube, although they're rather inconsistent in deciding what gets to stay and what gets flagged. Perfume is my other favorite girl group next to SNSD, so it was pretty cool to see them interact on Japanese shows.

In September, SNSD is planning on promoting in Korea again, which happens to coincide with the long awaited return of their old-time rivals Wonder Girls. I think this is the first time they faced each other straight up in a music show chart competition.
All Japanese labels seem to have some strange fear of YouTube. Even avex trax will take down anything. Music videos are even called PVs in Japan, but they seem to think P means private or something instead of promotional.

Ashhong

ramyeon said:
You know E-young and not Jooyeon? :( She's been around since their debut, although she doesn't do much vocally at all. She's just eye candy. I' more interested in Blue than Red, Lizzy is probably my favourite member and Raina's vocals get me every time.

I only know her because she just joined and there was a big deal, plus I dont like her. For some reason never got to know the After School members other than the popular ones.

Alta1r said:
Lies. This gives even Hyo + Sunny a run for their money.

I like cute girls, for sure. However, the whole "I can put my ankles together and my legs don't touch" look they seem to be going for is not what I would call "hot." Now, Golden Age Yuri had it going... but it gets worse and worse. :(

Ashhong said:
I only know her because she just joined and there was a big deal, plus I dont like her. For some reason never got to know the After School members other than the popular ones.

Juyeon was one of the replacements on IY, that's how I learned about her. Looking forward to both After School albums.

Ashhong

evilpigking said:
Juyeon was one of the replacements on IY, that's how I learned about her. Looking forward to both After School albums.

Ooh, I stopped watching IY. I only remember Seri I think her name is, the b-girl. She is so hot.

Salazar

Ashhong said:
Ooh, I stopped watching IY. I only remember Seri I think her name is, the b-girl. She is so hot.

She even looks good with crazy pink hair.

Edit: Wrong girl. Thought you meant Serri.

5Kr4s.jpg

Salazar

bloodforge said:
I need to stop watching 2 Running Man in a row, my face hurts so much.

33 is pretty cool. It's awesome seeing Jae Suk walking down the street and people going crazy - little kids coming up and hugging him.

Also

qxDjy.gif

VeDlv.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom