• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jooyeon:

SXPug.jpg
4YXVd.jpg

Kahi:
jjFHQ.jpg

B8DrN.jpg

RZI

Salazar said:
Just as good.

I'd like to check out HaHa's restaurant when I get to Korea.
Doesn't Gary have a restaurant too? I think it was in one the episodes.
DXPett1 said:
I have no idea who that guy is but he is super-aggressive...I love it! It is always nice to see guests put real effort into the Hide/Seek section.
Apparently the he's an actor called Choi Min-soo. The dude is also 49.

Ranvier

Salazar said:
Recent pic of Yuri. Cause for hope.

gJrNe.jpg

The legs have regained some tone, but the buttocks and upper body aren't quite there yet.

According to IY they all google themselves pretty often so maybe if her make enough posts on this on as many different forums as possible she will get the hint.

And Hyoyeon on IY was just so sad. She was mainly ignored by the camera and fellow SNSD members and awkwardly made fun of by the others. Has she been in any variety shows or talk shows where shes the main person?

Ashhong

Speaking of BEG, I saw this old episode of some Korean variety show the other day, it had BEG and 2PM when Jay Park was still in it, and Narsha looked GOOOOOOD. Had long hair and better makeup then what she does now. They all looked really good actually. Damn.

shahkur

I never really post in here (Except for maybe once) but wanted to know. What reality shows are/were SNSD in? I thought I'd give one a try. One of my friends says they are really down to earth girls. So, since I'm free at the moment, any recommendations? I thought I'd give "We Got married" a try since it has the guy from CN Blue in it as well as Seohun?

Salazar, in the post above mine, what show is that? Seems quite funny.

shahkur said:
I never really post in here (Except for maybe once) but wanted to know. What reality shows are/were SNSD in? I thought I'd give one a try. One of my friends says they are really down to earth girls. So, since I'm free at the moment, any recommendations? I thought I'd give "We Got married" a try since it has the guy from CN Blue in it as well as Seohun?

I would recommend Hello Baby, since it's 100% SNSD, and there are quite a few episodes (20 or so I believe). Also, they are available to watch on Youtube with subs.

Other shows they have been in are Invincible Youth (only Sunny and Yuri though, with exceptions of guest appearances) and as you say We Got Married (both Taeyeon and Seohyun).

These are probably the "best" variety shows with SNSD in my opinion, but you should check out Soshified for other shows as well (I'm probably forgetting some).

Salazar

shahkur said:

"Happy Shares Company" Yoona versus Seungri from Big Bang.

They have to spend a week competing to see who can spend the least money. It's pretty good. There is the loophole, though, that they get to eat any leftovers from the other members' meals. Yoona is waking up other members because she needs one of them to swap roles with her (take the money book) for the day.

Seohyun's WGM is pretty good. The ultimate "down to earth" show is Invincible Youth - with Sunny and Yuri. Building toilets, catching chickens.

I would suggest watching "Girls Go to School" - the documentary (well, kind of) about SNSD's debut. It's interesting to see them when they're not at all famous, and they're still amazed that they get talked about on the internet. I think there are eight or nine episodes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/averylareina#p/a/f/0/QJFNXZEbZOw

Fafnir

shahkur said:

Start from the beginning with Girls Go To School. Then watch the rest of the playlists in Soshisubsclassics.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4B4FCF006758F167

6H3LA.gif

shahkur

Thank you Rooflapimp, Salazar and Fafnir for the recommendations.

Who is the leader of the group, and in terms of popularity, what is the order?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
shahkur said:
Who is the leader of the group
Taeyeon, but it's not taken too seriously.

and in terms of popularity, what is the order?
Depends on where you are talking about. I think in Korea popularity is something like...

Taeyeon = Yoona > Yuri = Jessica > Tiffany > Seohyun = Sunny = Sooyoung > Hyoyeon

Yet if Tiffany is in close proximity to Taeyeon she is equal to her, as their um, close friendship is more popular than she is.

Fafnir

Dice said:
Depends on where you are talking about. I think in Korea popularity is something like...

Taeyeon = Yoona > Yuri = Jessica > Tiffany > Seohyun = Sunny = Sooyoung > Hyoyeon

That's pretty much how I see the popularity tier list except with Jessica and Fany switched.

KU6fl.gif

shahkur

Dice said:

Yet if Tiffany is in close proximity to Taeyeon she is equal to her, as their um, close friendship is more popular than she is.

Makes sense...I guess.

So, how did you guys get to know of them (SNSD)?

Salazar

shahkur said:

GAF. PantherLotus had an avatar with them in it (and they looked gorgeous) so he kept getting asked all the time who they were. And then Dresden made a thread, having watched the MV for Genie. And then I checked out the rest of the MVs, and then started watching the Soshi-related variety shows, and then a heap of other K-Pop/K-variety stuff like Running Man.

3pekv.gif

hFYIw.gif

Dice

I saw a picture of Hyunah back when she was promoting Change and on Youtube this led me to IY which led me to the world of kpop. It's kind of funny because I liked Korean stuff via Korean friends for like 2 years before this occurred. My friends at the time were all classical music majors so they weren't very into pop. I liked S.E.S. back in the day, more than jpop which I also listened to but for whatever reason I didn't keep up with either of them for a long time.

Chesskid1

Banned
starcraft lead me to kpop. i think that applies to a decent amount of ppl.

i'm watching that SNSD show when they first started linked on this page. oh man, seohyun's hair was so bad, though the rest look the same which is a good thing :)

the best is when something funny happens and you can see all of snsd laughing hysterically in the background, like when they were performing at the school and the student tries to dirty dance with sunny. so good. need more clips like that.

shahkur said:

Tumblr. And SNSD were my gateway drug into kpop.

After about half a year of following someone on Tumblr they posted the video for Gee and after watching it once I was hooked. I think I played it on repeat for the entire night. Then the next day I started clicking on Youtube's recommended videos and eventually was listening to all of their major singles. I started following them just in time for the release of Oh! at the start of 2010. After listening to solely SNSD for around a week, I started following Youtube links to other groups and found most of the groups that I like today through that, but I didn't really care for much outside of SNSD at the time.

It wasn't until about this time last year that I got fully into it though and started watching the music programs as well as Korean TV shows with idols, starting with SHINee's Hello' Baby and working my way from there. The funny thing is is that one of my friends was obsessed with Sorry Sorry way back in 2009, but at the time I just dismissed it.

shahkur

LOL, loving the reasons for getting to know SNSD.

OK, another question, what's the history between SNSD and plastic surgery? Any of the members had it? Rumours? Speculations?

Salazar

Chesskid1 said:
like when they were performing at the school and the student tries to dirty dance with sunny. so good. need more clips like that.

HV6OF.gif

shahkur said:
OK, another question, what's the history between SNSD and plastic surgery? Any of the members had it? Rumours? Speculations?

Not much, I don't think. Nothing really major, at least. They still have a range of expression in their faces that they wouldn't have if they had had the amount of facial work people say they have. The photos people say are proof that they were ugly kids and they've been manufactured into beautiful girls are ordinarily

a) not bad at all
b) bad photos
c) taken during the physiological chaos of puberty.

HaHa. I love the squeaky cartoon laugh that plays when he does something stupid or sneaky.

nwbz7.gif

ramyeon

shahkur said:
Makes sense...I guess.

Mine is pretty boring as I was into kpop a long time before SNSD. I remember seeing a lot of them posted about online when they were SM trainees, when the group was being out together there was already a lot of hype as they had been the most popular trainees at that time. They were promoted as being the female Super Junior before their debut. So I'd been following them and their debut solidified my fandom!

filler

Banned
filler said:
You guys ever heard of a Korean "actress" that went by the names Tessa/Connie Lee/Connie Ash? If not, I would highly suggest looking into her films. She made 3 amazing movies and then disappeared from the scene.

Bumping this for my fellow horndogs. Definitely NSFW, she is really hot.

Salazar

Dice said:
Let's not use the thread for that.

Putting it mildly.

Recent poll to determine the top female idol.

1 : Lee Hyori (Fin K.L) 57902
2:Tae Yeon (SNSD) 56833
3:Yoona (SNSD) 52747
4:Sung Yuri(Fin.k.l) 49114
5:So Hee(WG) 48591
6:JESSICA (SNSD) 47099
7:Sun Ye(WG) 45002
8:Tiffany (SNSD) 44113
9: Eugene(SES) 40946
10:Goo Hara(kara) 38880
11:Ye Eun(WG) 37218
12:YURI (SNSD) 37082
13:Ok Joo Hyun(Fin.k.l)36274
14:Uee(afterschool) 34835
15:Seo Hyun (SNSD) 33011
16:Yoo Bin(WG) 31693
17:Seung Yeon(Kara) 31805
18:Ji Yeon(T-ara) 29007
19:Sunny (SNSD) 28670
20:Soo Young(SNSD) 27994
21:Sandara Park(2NE1) 27249
22:Ji Young(kara) 25982
23:Ga Hee(afterschool) 25481
24:Hyeo Yeon(SNSD) 25448
25:Park Bom(2NE1) 23761
26:Eun Jung(T- ara) 21045
27:Nicole(Kara) 20613
28:Joo Yeon(afterschool 18491
29:CL(2NE1) 18486
30:Park Gyuri(kara) 16992

3GopM.gif

Number 2 is pretty good.

Dice

Yuri seems to have dropped in popularity as much as she did in weight. Her fans were curve lovers, man.

Also, never in my life will I understand Sohee's popularity.

26:Eun Jung(T- ara) 21045
27:Nicole(Kara) 20613
gjm1n.gif

...everyone has their own type...

Dice

Salazar said:
Yep. Wonder Girls are obviously still a big deal, too.
As you can tell by the S.E.S. and Fin.K.L votes, established Korean fanbases don't just lay down and die. If Wonder Girls were huge, they are huge. I just don't know why Sohee is so popular...

DXPett1

shahkur said:

The GAF thread for the Genie (Japanese) MV. The title was well worded and once I clicked the link I was consumed.

Ah... those early days when I couldn't tell the members apart

Dice

Heartstrings
(I'm totally crushing on Park Shin Hye)
just gave material for the perfect "guys watching kpop girls" gif.

animation25e3e.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom