• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
CruxisMana said:
I enjoy the reaction gifs more than anything else.

And secretly judging people based on their tastes. :lol

Is that Gi Kwang in your avatar, that guy is a total dude (based on the few Oh My School episodes he was in)

And don't hold back, lets hear what you think of peoples tastes!

T-Ara+Soyeon+Hot+Picture.jpg

Soyeon has a great personality she'd be awesome to hang out with.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah, Soyeon is really friendly.
Here, I snapped these for you guys this morning:

bVhl2.jpg
aUvPY.jpg

Dice

Those are some unflattering dresses on Kara, but they still rock em.
Jiyoung's is... uh... a bit short. (@_@;)

Alta1r

Deadly said:
I know most of SNSD is rather short. How do the KARA girls measure up to them?

I think Goo's around Yuri's height, judging from IY (who knows really with the insole lifts they wore or didn't wear). And I think Goo is tied with or tallest in the group. Soshi's got Yoona and Sooyoung and possibly Seohyun that are a cm or two taller. Ham's pretty short. Nicole looks tiny to me, but I don't know about her.

Deadly

Alta1r said:
I think Goo's around Yuri's height, judging from IY (who knows really with the insole lifts they wore or didn't wear). And I think Goo is tied with or tallest in the group. Soshi's got Yoona and Sooyoung and possibly Seohyun that are a cm or two taller. Ham's pretty short. Nicole looks tiny to me, but I don't know about her.
Goo tallest really? I always figure she'd be the shortest :lol

Alta1r

Deadly said:
Goo tallest really? I always figure she'd be the shortest :lol

I was judging that based on this picture Dice put up a few pages back. But you can't see their feet so you can't really tell if they're wearing different sized heels. Although, I'm assuming game theory, they're all wearing the highest heels possible, lol.

Dice said:

Dice

lol Jing is definitely the tallest, and they definitely balance their heights actively via different height shoes.

Salazar

yZCnT.gif

KlxGP.gif

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/09/sistar-addresses-rumors-about-being-deliquents

SISTAR recently addressed the rumors about how they’re perceived as ‘iljins‘, or delinquents/gang members.

On September 1st, SISTAR made an appearance on Mnet’s ‘Beatles Code‘, where they guested alongside singer-songwriter Lee Seung Yeol, who appeared on TV for the first time since his debut.

MC Yoon Jong Shin noted how they shared similar networks, saying, “Lee Seung Yeol is friendly and not awkward with Han Dae Soo while SISTAR is friends with DJ DOC.” The SISTAR members replied, “Producer Brave Brothers [who wrote "So Cool"] fits better with rough people, rather than those with a compliant style“.

They continued, “After hanging out with the sunbaes a lot, rumors came up that we were ‘iljins’. Brave Brothers and DJ DOC may seem strong and awkward on the outside and have a bad image, but, in reality, they’re really more like caring and tender-hearted girls.”

I...don't think anybody thought that about SISTAR.

Alta1r

Raiku said:
Agreed. It wasn't enough when she was on in that Uee episode.

I just looked up and watched this episode since you mentioned Nana shows up in it. You're right, that appearance was far too short. And Uee looked genuinely nervous/scared for that second game, I was starting to feel bad for her. The
water pouring
game at the end was classic though. Lol.

Salazar

Japanese magazine pics.

aHlMI.jpg

cYTuZ.jpg

Kind of hoping the new concept is something kind of crazy (please no T-ara kittens).

Am involuntarily trying to decide whether Soshi in the top photo>Soshi in the lower photo. Damn this ranking frame of mind.

Dice

Salazar said:
Am involuntarily trying to decide whether Soshi in the top photo>Soshi in the lower photo. Damn this ranking frame of mind.
Lower photo by a landslide. Sorry Tiff.

vordhosbn

Banned
Killamangiro said:
Is that Gi Kwang in your avatar, that guy is a total dude (based on the few Oh My School episodes he was in)

T-Ara+Soyeon+Hot+Picture.jpg

Soyeon has a great personality she'd be awesome to hang out with.
hnnngggg

Killamangiro said:

It is!

sueQg.gif

I know a hell of a lot more and care more about male groups than I do about girl groups, so I normally just lurk this thread for the brilliant arguments/Running Man talk.

When I first started to like Kpop through SNSD Tiffany was the clear top followed in time by Taeyeon. I've seen the slight error of my ways and Taeyeon is the clear number 1 now, but is still followed closely by Tiffany. But I'm definitely going to have to add to the anti-Hyoyeon league. I die a little inside everytime she gets a megapost ;_;

Then apart from SNSD I'm not really that knowledgeable about girl groups - I listen to their songs, but don't know all their names, etc. I'm paying attention of Dice's KARA posts at the moment though since I'm looking forward to Step, which should be online at some point today, I hope.

Salazar

CruxisMana said:
I know a hell of a lot more and care more about male groups than I do about girl groups, so I normally just lurk this thread for the brilliant arguments/Running Man talk.

I am crazy about SHINee, so far as the dudes go.

I guess SHINee aren't exactly manly, though, lol

But the wonderful mixture of awesome/wtf/awful keeps me into the girl groups. The dude groups tend to have a more consistent, less experimental kind of approach.

I have no idea what T-ara were shooting for with this MV.

stsxp.gif

2oNuf.gif

Peru

lallz - Uee acting drunk on her drama http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC5DvcrBAtw

also liked the representatives saying she did a good job because she had a lot of experience doing this.

--- Running Man Episode 52: Non-stop laughs. Guest dude played his part well.

Ambushing Gary and Jihyo in the Haunted Hose: beautiful

CruxisMana said:

tumblr_ljff2j86Kb1qc37sko1_500.gif

CruxisMana said:
When I first started to like Kpop through SNSD...

I too got sidetracked into Kpop through SNSD but honestly I much prefer other acts like F(x), miss A, T-ara, Beast, GD&Top. Also through variety shows I've grown to like personalities like Hyosung (her smile is earth shattering!), Lee Joon, Hyuna and a few more. A collage of them I present:

tumblr_l9a96ueFly1qdyehfo1_400.jpg

tumblr_l9a95tg83z1qdyehfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lqy78l2nTe1qheonzo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lqxva1TnhW1qbgdrko1_500.jpg

tumblr_lqwzjjf7941qkzfeyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_losw0cjYuh1qm67jqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ln7d1sJ8r01ql0n4io1_500.jpg

tumblr_llow2bZEqz1qk4fm1o1_500.jpg

hyuna-header1014n.jpg

tumblr_kyhogbNuWX1qa0g7vo1_500.jpg

20hn337.jpg

Killamangiro said:
Also through variety shows I've grown to like personalities like Hyosung (her smile is earth shattering!), Lee Joon, Hyuna and a few more. A collage of them I present:

*awesome*

This makes me really miss Oh! My School. I'd only just started to catch up on it and I think it was just hitting its stride by relying on the interactions between the idols instead of the somewhat mundane variety games. Then they reformatted the show in a sports championship and it completely lost its most redeeming feature and was cancelled.

Soyeon, Hyosung, Min, Lee Joon, Kikwang and Yoseob made the show and I practically only watched it for them.

EfXuJ.jpg
h5QZH.jpg

b7qWv.png
7Nyy0.jpg
bcvgN.jpg

vanty

Killamangiro said:
I too got sidetracked into Kpop through SNSD but honestly I much prefer other acts like F(x), miss A, T-ara, Beast, GD&Top. Also through variety shows I've grown to like personalities like Hyosung (her smile is earth shattering!), Lee Joon, Hyuna and a few more. A collage of them I present:
If only there were more like you in this thread. I wonder what the difference is between those of us who quickly moved on from SNSD versus the people who continue to idolise them after all this time. Surely the first time someone sees Sulli should be enough to break the craziness.

vanty

First episode of an Asian music video show was on Australian channel SBS this morning. Just watched my recording of it... only 3 songs in 2 hours weren't Korean (or Korean doing Japanese songs). Thankfully one of the 3 Japanese songs was by Yui, the most beautiful woman on the planet, so that was ok.

Lots of promotion of the kpop Sydney concert during the show, hopefully the almost total dominance of kpop songs can be because of that and it isn't a permanent thing. Not that the casual observers would even notice, on twitter most people are talking about seeing all this "jpop" for the first time.

RZI

oh yeeah! (even though I don't really care about the guest)

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/09/running-man-cast-leaves-for-beijing-with-karas-jiyoung
It seems that the next destination for SBS‘s popular hide-and-seek show, ‘Running Man‘, will be in China, and KARA‘s Jiyoung will be the featured guest!

Photos of the various cast members leaving for Beijing at Gimpo International Airport have already hit the newswire. It’ll be interesting to see what kind of exciting things the show will come up with for its steadily growing viewership.

Stay tuned to allkpop as we keep up with this exciting development!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom