• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
1) Make up stories
2) Get more clicks
3) ????
4) Profit

Welcome to kpop "journalism"

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
ibgyDnUbY1k1NH.jpg

mi wife! :O

Ranvier

DXPett1 said:
Wait, people post seriously in this thread?

My sentiments exactly, I couldn't have said it better. But okay, I will admit, I probably took it too far. What I initially wanted to be a jab obviously came off as a bit too serious/mean.

Lets call a spade a spade here and admit 90% of this thread is looking at pictures of hot girls and talking about entertaining Korean groups. The music (from the romanized MVs I've seen) is mainly about how a guy talks too much or not enough (if you are a girl group) and how a girl is loved or is loved too much (if you are a guy group). Plus I don't speak Korean (and I assume most people here don't) so basically a Kpop group comes down to how the members look and whether or not I think their songs sounds good. And when the judgment is that superficial, people are going to agree and disagree on a lot of shit. I simply think a lot Kara's music doesn't sound that good (though I'm really liking "If You Wanna") and I'm not the biggest fan of their members (besides Gyuri and sometimes Goo).
It's like Alt1r said, posting pics and talking trash is half the fun in this thread. If I wanted a serious discussion, I'd post in the straight K-pop thread and not in this one. For example do I care that I find Hyo attractive and a ton of people don't, absolutely not. In fact some of the Hyo-hate responses have been some of the cleverest bit of writing I've seen. The shop of Princess Fiona has been the best one so far (though I don't and never will condone such actions taking place in regards to beautiful Hyoyeon).

But since it seems I've caused a wee bit of contention/animosity, I'll stick to a neutral group and post pic/gifs of a girl I assume we all love. Because frankly, I can't imagine how you can not.

tumblr_lhrdxoAdAn1qdcwxjo1_500.jpg
214wqc5.jpg

tiara%20feb%2024%20jiyeon.jpg
tumblr_ljf3k4yo381qa0xrqo1_500.png
r719ad.jpg

efjaq1.jpg
25ptzz7.jpg
28cjdif.jpg

sqYHb.jpg

9kza6p.jpg

xyDLQ.jpg

mj7a02.jpg

x29nq9.jpg

w8uzjq.jpg

25p2xdh.jpg
14mdg9e.jpg

2h8a61e.jpg
tumblr_lgxs1goK2T1qb9h3fo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lqhpmjiyom1qdjclvo1_500.gif
tumblr_lqe1op2M2d1qdjclvo1_500.gif

tumblr_lqe2y6FRaH1qdjclvo1_500.gif
5bsqqr.jpg

tumblr_liauy9P5sC1qdjclvo1_500.gif
260s5cl.gif

2iw3b6f.gif
23m4nkj.gif

mrat1.gif
b50h9g.gif
2uxuzdf.gif

kqohh.gif
154eq2c.gif

282i1co.gif
72w2kz.gif

98cxo1.gif
1552jrb.gif

21c5h8x.gif
11cce8k.gif

Lawd, please let her have been over 18 in all these pics otherwise may you...

2cru23s.gif

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Ranvier said:
Hey now, lets not say things we might regret..."Cus them's fightin words!"
There's nothing that you can do about it. The wedding date as already been decided, MOUHAHAHA!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just a little FYI...

I grew up in a family well vested in the performing arts, all of my friends are either performers or producers of it, I myself have been involved with it in nearly any aspect you can imagine (yet primarily through music composition and performance) for as long as I have had a role in society. It is difficult to build into a career, takes quite a bit of luck, but whether or not I manage to establish that, it is and will remain my greatest earthly passion.

Along with that, I have understanding and respect for the careers of everyone involved in crafting it, especially on a globally competitive level where the experimental forefront of its evolution finds a refined and concise form in the resources and professionalism of the mainstream. I have taken time to understand the role of it in the existence of humanity, and it's much greater and deeper than the cheap thrill it is often regarded as.

I realize that the finer of the fine arts are infrequently the well distributed arts, yet concerning those widely distributed I disagree with the notion that the nature of their manufacture is cheap, mindless, and devoid of whatever they ought contain in order to consider them quality. Art plays many different roles. Just as the human mind has varying levels of cognizance from moment to moment, so do its capacities and flow of artistic expression and artistic reception.

Those which specialize in more passive or purely sensuous forms deserve to be viewed with no less dignity for the excellence by which they do. Whether it be aesthetics in architecture, smooth prose in documentary, or catchy and cheerful tunes, they all have their roles and reasons for holding what excellencies they do. Much research, thought, work, development, skill, practice, and passion went into making them what they are; to make life, if only in some small part, as beautiful as our perception of its possibilities.

So yeah, I took it seriously, and that is why. There is joking and then there is pure trash-talking. There are a handful of things I will defend the dignity of with vigilance, even from unintended defamation, and this is one. If you want it to be a girl-loving thread, don't take it elsewhere.

Alta1r

That's all fine and good. No one's saying they don't put their time and effort into making their products. I don't want Kara to fail as musicians or get into a horrible accident or anything. But you'll never get me to actually think Ham is attractive or to think that Kara has, up to this point, made any music that I enjoy listening to. Lol. Those are purely subjective judgments.

Salazar said:

Haha, I love how she runs to Ji Hyo after and Ji Hyo consoles her like the big sister/mother. Ji Hyo's like "it's OK, I know how you feel. I felt the same way after A Frozen Flower."

Salazar

Peru said:
Like it or not that outfit looks like (it cost) a million bucks.

The pants are something out of Invincible Youth and the top looks back-to-front.

But you are right. And Seohyun has levelled up amazingly.

mQUMH.gif

Peru

Well Nine Muses are no doubt underpaid, if paid at all (outside of living expenses), but SNSD make millions per p. You need to break a pretty solid ceiling before you start raking in the dough.

Alta1r

Force of habit, I guess.

This month long wait with nothing but Kara going on is starting to wear on me. I need more (new) Yoona!

tumblr_lr1qw3eeDT1qf2i35o1_500.gif

Ashhong

wing_zero8556 said:
lol the pants look LV and i see the bag is from Coach as well, and they are saying idols are underpaid and what not pffffffffffffffffffffft

Pants are not LV and Coach is not very high end at all..the girls get better, more expensive items for free from their fans.

Ashhong said:
Pants are not LV and Coach is not very high end at all..the girls get better, more expensive items for free from their fans.

They look like they have a LV pattern on it but perhaps i'm wrong, need a higher res pic.

I just looked at the coach site and i under-valued the brand lol, was cheaper than i though. that bag she has is $498 or $598 depending on the size from the coach site.

Wonder if they are gonna start toting around stuff like Hermes and stuff soon :p or just be boss like hyun bin

http://www.soompi.com/news/secret-gardens-heartthrob-hyun-bin-leaves-for-berlin-in-style

another fancam from love request
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY4hRsEa7I0&feature=feedu
sexy pout at 45 seconds

Fafnir

You can do alot of shipping with those TaeNy fancams.

Fany: "wtf is Yoong doing, I know she not trying to cut between me and Taengoo?!"
Yoong: *merong* "move aside Fany, it's TaeYoong couple now"
Fany: "Im Yoona is saseum meat when we get home" *death stare*
sFumL.gif

Taengoo: "this is what Fany get's for cheating on me"
BxVAm.gif

Peru

wing_zero8556 said:
They look like they have a LV pattern on it but perhaps i'm wrong, need a higher res pic.

This LV is a decent 3000+ $ anyway

xdSiS.png

On an online community board, the topic ‘The unusual way Jessica sits‘ was recently posted along with 3 pictures. The 3 pictures show Jessica sitting in the same awkward position.

Bending one knee and putting her other leg over it, it appears as if she’s sitting in a way that a horse would sit.

amazing

Ashhong

wing_zero8556 said:

I just looked at the coach site and i under-valued the brand lol, was cheaper than i though. that bag she has is $498 or $598 depending on the size from the coach site.

Wonder if they are gonna start toting around stuff like Hermes and stuff soon :p or just be boss like hyun bin

http://www.soompi.com/news/secret-gardens-heartthrob-hyun-bin-leaves-for-berlin-in-style

another fancam from love request
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY4hRsEa7I0&feature=feedu
sexy pout at 45 seconds

Yea if you look close, its just a simple diamond pattern, not the LV. Unless I am seriously mistaken. Coach is probably the cheapest of the "fashion" brands in the states at least. It's like the gateway drug for young girls before they start gunning for Chanel. Seohyun needs to step her game up! Although I would never expect to see her really caring for brands.

Peru said:
This LV is a decent 3000+ $ anyway

http://style.ssf.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/xdSiS.png[IMG]

amazing[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/335Bm.jpg

:lol fucking netizens

“Jessica may look comfortable but we’re uncomfortable” WHAT??? loool

Ranvier

Ashhong said:
Yea if you look close, its just a simple diamond pattern, not the LV. Unless I am seriously mistaken. Coach is probably the cheapest of the "fashion" brands in the states at least. It's like the gateway drug for young girls before they start gunning for Chanel. Seohyun needs to step her game up! Although I would never expect to see her really caring for brands.

“Jessica may look comfortable but we’re uncomfortable” WHAT??? loool

To the Netizen's defense, that sitting pose does look really uncomfortable. That baby horse description is so apt.

Are all these brands they rep really gifts from their CF's or are they buying them? Those girl's do go to China pretty often so they could be knock-offs. That would be hilarious.

If anything I think Seohyun cares the MOST about fashion and stuff. For some reason, even though she acts all innocent, I always saw her as the most image conscience/spoiled girl in the group. Like she's usually hesitant to act goofy and always so prim and proper. Someone of pedigree who wouldn't be caught dead wearing anything lower then Chanel or something. She probably yells at poor Hyo because she things she is ruining the image of the group. Seohyun has been leveling quite a bit lately, it all started with that damn Visual Dreams MV, she killed it in that song.

tumblr_l90cvwrPTz1qcsgcuo1_500.jpg

20090423_snsd_7.jpg
hyo_yeon_seohyun_05042011122718.jpg

tumblr_l6oot58ryy1qcsgcuo1_500.jpg

0004_Hyoyeon_Seohyun_A_Dream_Team_Recording.jpg

Salazar

Ranvier said:
Are all these brands they rep really gifts from their CF's or are they buying them?

They do shop a hell of a lot - I imagine they do buy a heap of stuff.

But fans just send them stuff. Not necessarily just for birthdays, I think.

Salazar

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/09/behind-the-scenes-with-running-man-cameraman-ryu-kwon-ryeol

Interview with JaeSuk's cameraman.

Q: It looks like VJs need to document carefully every action of the cast member in a ‘real variety’ show. How do VJs get paired with their partners?

A: When I first started, I was in charge of following HaHa. But during the course of the game, everyone started moving freely so I started following Jae Suk, and I became known as the ‘Yoo Jae Suk VJ’ from that point. The pairings weren’t decided strategically, but there are some parallels with fitness. For example, the best runner would be teamed with ‘Ace’ Kim Jong Kook, and the less fit would be assigned to the least active cast member or a female guest.

Q: We heard that you purposely went through weight loss after becoming the ‘Yoo Jae Suk’ VJ.

A: Jae Suk’s nickname on the show is ‘Yooruce Willis’. He’s a fast runner so I needed to be more fit to follow him. At first, I couldn’t follow him and being large, I suffered a lot of stress because I felt I was undermining the game. I also heard criticisms after becoming the focus of certain articles. Jae Suk is the lead of the show, so I was under pressure to handle my role. That was why I enrolled at a fitness center and lost weight. I lost about 7, 8 kilograms but I had a lot of work recently, so I gained a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom