• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Whoa, "Close Up" version of the Step music video. It's pretty hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3guyqlcJd0U&feature=player_embedded

Dare I say, Goo and Ham are the bottom 2 in this video. I would even go so far as to say they are at the same level. Goo's hair is just so ugly and her eyelashes look pretty weird to me as well. The Top 3 look so damn amazing. Though Gyuri's voice turns her into Smeagle in my eyes, can't forget that.

1:20...holy shit Nicole. Take me now. Quickly switching to Ham after a few seconds of Nicole confuses my brain and body so much...

Ranvier

Ashhong said:
Whoa, "Close Up" version of the Step music video. It's pretty hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3guyqlcJd0U&feature=player_embedded
Though Gyuri's voice turns her into Smeagle in my eyes, can't forget that.

1:20...holy shit Nicole. Take me now. Quickly switching to Ham after a few seconds of Nicole confuses my brain and body so much...

Ugh, this song does nothing for me. Actually, none of Kara's big songs do it for me. Lupin was pretty turrible and so was Mister. The only reason the songs took off was the dance they had in the MV. They are like the "Soulja Boy" of K-pop. I feel like "If You Wanna" is their best song which is sad because it was done before the present group was even fully formed. Are there any other good, recent songs by them?

And how can you hate on Gyuri's singing voice. No one is Kara has much singing talent. Their best singer, which is Ham I think, is up to Yuri's level which is not very high at all.

And I'm pretty sure Nicole is a Angler. She looks sexy at certain angles but at others...eww. Which brings us to Goo, which I've confused about a lot over the past couple of weeks. That girl is a definite Seurat (the pointillism guy, remember the saying, Georges Seurat, he painted with a dot). She looks really good from far away but up close...she always has the turantula eyelashes and her huge eyes (relative to her face) kind of make her look like an insect. And her Gum to tooth ratio is all wrong. But I won't hate too much since she is a very good entertainer as proven on IY.

This all begs the question, why is Kara even that popular? Not much singing talent and only one looker (Gyuri). I think their management is quite cunning with timing their comeback because there isn't anything going on in k-pop right now so fans have nothing to do but talk about Kara. This example is further proven by the last 10 pages of this thread. I have a little theory that Kara may have even hired the driver that ran into Sooyoung in hopes of disabling her and postponing SNSD's superior comeback, leaving the stage open for them.

Salazar

5dqYh.jpg
Ap3Xb.jpg

P1DS8.jpg

Hyoyeon looking unstoppably good. I know some of you don't wanna hear it.

Ashhong

I dont know about unstoppably good, but she definitely looks different in that last pic. I dont know what it is, maybe her eyes, hair or something. Looks kind of awkward. Like an ogre at a tea party.

Salazar

Ashhong said:
I dont know about unstoppably good, but she definitely looks different in that last pic. I dont know what it is, maybe her eyes, hair or something. Looks kind of awkward. Like an ogre at a tea party.

Her smile has always looked kind of awkward.

I think it's cute. I don't give a fuuuck.

Krystal.

uGwIV.jpg

Pfft.

Nicole is best KARA.

1wzTJ.gif

And I'm not quite sure how you can't like their songs when they're being offered up by the current Gods of Kpop production - SweeTune.

Ashhong said:

tumblr_lnzbx1zh7g1qf2ofa.gif

Alta1r

CruxisMana said:
And I'm not quite sure how you can't like their songs when they're being offered up by the current Gods of Kpop production - SweeTune.

Whoever does T-ara songs are the current gods of kpop production.

Ranvier

CruxisMana said:
Pfft.

Nicole is best KARA.

1wzTJ.gif

Like I said, she's an Angler, and that gif is definitely the wrong angle.

I dunno, their songs just don't jive with me. Like the chorus' are never enough to get stuck in my head. La la la la la la, isn't exactly clever nor is Halla, halla halla halla. Though the booty dance to go with it was genius. If you know good ones please tell me. I don't want to be right in saying that Kara is a second rate group since it has my third love Gyuri in it, but I'm afraid I might be.

Ranvier

Dice said:

Hahaha, wow. Dice, while I may not agree with what you said, the way you said it was FANTASTIC!

Also, please post evidence to disprove what I said. Anything with Gyuri singing well would convince me that I was wrong, quicker.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Actually did it awhile ago to protect my eyes from stumbling upon Hyogre megaposts.

I'll address things more thoughtfully.

Ugh, this song does nothing for me. Actually, none of Kara's big songs do it for me. Lupin was pretty turrible and so was Mister. The only reason the songs took off was the dance they had in the MV.
Well YOU may not have taste, but that doesn't mean they didn't become popular because Sweetune are, in fact, the gods of kpop production. All of Kara's songs since Honey have been amazing. I don't know a single Kara fan who doesn't love the music.

They are like the "Soulja Boy" of K-pop. I feel like "If You Wanna" is their best song which is sad because it was done before the present group was even fully formed. Are there any other good, recent songs by them?
Now see the Soulja Boy reference is just blatantly insulting, yet you present it seriously enough that someone reading it would think you're mentally handicapped, perhaps some sort of autism where instead of social issues, you can't understand what makes music good. What song could I offer to someone missing what is blatantly clear? And just so you know, this is my bigger issue. I'm a way bigger Sweetune fan than I am a Kara fan. The fact you can't recognize their brilliance astounds me more than your love for Hyoyeon.

And how can you hate on Gyuri's singing voice. No one is Kara has much singing talent. Their best singer, which is Ham I think, is up to Yuri's level which is not very high at all.
This is a set up for a bad point you try to make later. There are a lot of Kara fans who are delusional and think they are the best singers, but really around half of all the Kara fans I know realize that they aren't. Fact is, if you go listen to performances before 2010 you are asking for pain. However, they have gotten a LOT better. Pretty much since they went to Japan they have seriously stepped up their game, and saying Ham is only on Yuri's level is plain ignorant. The fact you act like Nicole doesn't even exist as a vocalist shows that you have put no effort whatsoever into discovering what level of talent they have, and I don't like working with a stubborn ass of a critic.

blah blah blah looks stuff
You like Hyoyeon. This is unfathomable to me. Your rankings of SNSD are seriously fucked up.

People have different tastes, and Kara is verrrry well known as being one of the prettiest groups in kpop. If you question the validity of how much that should relate to their popularity, I dumped quite a rant on tumblr the other day.

This all begs the question, why is Kara even that popular? Not much singing talent and only one looker (Gyuri).
Again, you're making an ass of yourself. SNSD isn't my cup of tea. I have said before that they currently rank #11 among girl groups for me. However, I don't go around asking why they are even popular. That's just willfully ignorant and insulting. Kara has good songs, they ARE attractive, have a hell of a lot of charisma, and are very friendly and likable girls on shows. Kpop is about creating a good time, and Kara does that extremely well. If you are genuinely missing what hundreds of thousands of other people are seeing, I really don't know how to help you and your attitude makes me not want to try.

I think their management is quite cunning with timing their comeback because there isn't anything going on in k-pop right now so fans have nothing to do but talk about Kara. This example is further proven by the last 10 pages of this thread.
Stacking insults on insults. These aren't little jabs like we were doing before. You're making some kind of insult thesis.

I have a little theory that Kara may have even hired the driver that ran into Sooyoung in hopes of disabling her and postponing SNSD's superior comeback, leaving the stage open for them.
Not funny and disrespectful to Sooyoung.

DXPett1

Dice said:
Not funny and disrespectful to Sooyoung.

Wait, people post seriously in this thread?

My quip about Sooyoung+Cosmetic Surgery was purely a reverse-joke @ netizens and their conspiracy theories. Personally Sooyoung in Genie (JPN) MV was the first member to catch my eye. If not for her I would not have latched on to SNSD I think.

TL:DR
tumblr_lobaawuu4q1qj60veo1_400.gif

Salazar

EVERYONE CHILL

hP01I.jpg

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/09/goo-hara-and-b2sts-junhyung-are-no-longer-a-couple

Breaking news: it looks like KARA‘s Goo Hara and B2ST‘s Junhyung have called it quits on their fledgling relationship!

According to both sides, the two of them had split up in July following an official recognition of their relationship in late June. However, they had withheld the news until now in order to protect both sides of the equation.

The former lovebirds agreed to go back to their platonic relationship, and it appears all’s well with their friendship. Since the news of their split broke just as they were getting their ship under way, it put extra pressure on their relationship with each other, and was a catalyst in their decision to eventually call it quits.

Stay tuned to allkpop for more on this breaking news as it unfolds.

Alta1r

Salazar said:
We do have to get through epic September without this thread becoming a troll-athon.

The trash talking and the pics
except those involving Ham and/or Hyo
are the best part of the thread.

tumblr_lq5u6baFPr1qdxkj9o1_500.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Alta1r said:
Lol, Ranvier really hit a nerve there eh?
Not pissed so much as confounded. Some statements are either taking all of the campy vibe out of trolling or born from amazing ignorance/stubbornness. I can't say which it is, I can only say how they come off. If you want serious discussion with people about why they like what they do (as all the question marks would suggest) you have to stay within bounds of rationality. Pestering for a real response only pushes it further from a trolling tone to a serious one.

Fafnir

TaeYoong visiting Ock Joo Hyun at her musical. Taengoo must have been mad that Fany went with the other long legs so she went with Yoong.

54GIh.jpg
mSCEF.jpg

Alta1r

Fafnir said:
TaeYoong visiting Ock Joo Hyun at her musical. Taengoo must have been mad that Fany went with the other long legs so she went with Yoong.

54GIh.jpg

Lol, at first I thought that was Yoong in the black in the top pic. Then my eyes ventured a bit below her face and I realized it couldn't be her.

Niks

Alta1r said:
Lol, Ranvier really hit a nerve there eh? No need for the personal attacks Dice, it's all in good fun.

Ranvier did went a bit beyond the usual jabs this time... and Dice took it pretty seriously.

Ashhong

Salazar said:
http://i.imgur.com/tksrt.jpg[IMG]

I hope Rainbow are eating stuff other than lettuce.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, thats just "ssam", the standard lettuce wrap that we Koreans eat with like everything. That being said, am I the only one tired of Rainbow selcas? Jaekyung, while hot sometimes, really bugs me other times.

[QUOTE=Biscuits]Let's just cool off on the Hyoyeon spamming for a while. Other idols need attention too!

Tiffany in an oversized shirt. Nice.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DXvGJ.jpg

HNNNNNNNNG. this and a large hoodie sweater are my 2 favorite looks on a girl. This one especially as it just reminds me of the "morning after sex". So hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom