• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranvier

Salazar said:
They do shop a hell of a lot - I imagine they do buy a heap of stuff.

But fans just send them stuff. Not necessarily just for birthdays, I think.

Fan's just send them things...seriously? Why? Aren't these girls rich enough, they should be sending the fans stuff. Damn, K-pop fans really are the best fans, like the Roman fans of old. They are fickle, maybe even a bit crazy, but if you have the roar of the crowd at your back, "you can be a God among Men"

20100827_snsdjapan_seoulbeats.jpg

Xilium

Kara's very hit or miss for me. I liked Honey, Lupin, and Jumping but didn't care for any of the other songs on those respective albums except "With" (to a degree). Didn't care at all for the Rock U and Pretty Girl songs and respective albums. First Blooming and Revolution are generally good. I haven't listened to all the songs on Step yet but I wasn't feeling the new MV.

Overall, there are still more hits than misses so I guess I generally like them.

Ranvier

filler said:
Dice is mean as fuck, damn. Not the Ranman's fault that Kara doesn't come out with good singles.

Dice has a right to his personal attacks just like I have a right to my Subjective opinion that Kara is not a top tier Kpop group. Its all good.

tumblr_lr1qw3eeDT1qf2i35o1_500.gif

tumblr_lp77j4CQno1qlpxhao1_500.gif

tumblr_l86otsS7Ii1qam0cl.gif
24y8t91.gif
6dc8cbe5.gif

snsd-derp.gif
tumblr_lewca1rVAj1qcm2nd.gif

yuri.jpg
SNSD%E2%80%99s+Yuri+voted+%231+for+glass-like+skin.jpg

Though that "If You Wanna" song by Kara is pretty catchy.

Alta1r

Ranvier said:
Fan's just send them things...seriously? Why? Aren't these girls rich enough, they should be sending the fans stuff. Damn, K-pop fans really are the best fans, like the Roman fans of old. They are fickle, maybe even a bit crazy, but if you have the roar of the crowd at your back, "you can be a God among Men"

It's probably better for the girls than the guys. Can't imagine the crowd tossing iPads or TVs or cars on stage like they do with bags and shit. And unless they're into cross dressing, can't imagine they'd get much use out of what they might actually toss up there. Lol.

tumblr_lr7rozxmAl1r1tcxho1_500.gif

I'm genuinely baffled that it's possible not to like any of KARA's SweeTune singles. Does this mean that you also don't like any singles by RAINBOW or INFINITE?

At the very least I think it's impossible to not at least note due merit to SweeTune tracks even if you don't personally enjoy them.

---

4nVTc.gif
8LtYh.gif
aKPSa.gif
PTjyk.gif
yGHV4.gif
q7Fvo.gif

A lot of kpop music is absolute shit, SNSD are the only consistant group in this respect; their singles are always good, even Bad Girl.

I thought old-school After School were on the ball too, but their recent songs are all rubbish.

Alta1r

CruxisMana said:
tumblr_lr7rozxmAl1r1tcxho1_500.gif

I'm genuinely baffled that it's possible not to like any of KARA's SweeTune singles. Does this mean that you also don't like any singles by RAINBOW or INFINITE?

At the very least I think it's impossible to not at least note due merit to SweeTune tracks even if you don't personally enjoy them.

I like 'A' and 'Sweet Dream' by Rainbow. I didn't like Gossip Girl or that other single they released though. I've never heard of Infinite.

To be fair, I've only heard Jumping, Mister, Lupin and Step by Kara. They're all decent. They're not horrendous or anything where I would go out of my way to stop listening to them, but they're pretty forgettable too. I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to them either. I haven't heard any of their other songs. If the ones they pick out for comeback stages and radio aren't that good, I'm not really one to go searching for hidden treasures in their albums.

Ranvier

CruxisMana said:

Well I didn't much like Lupin or Mister, Honey was okay but it didn't get stuck in my head like some other songs. I'm sure SweeTune does good productions it's just that their Kara songs didn't jive with me. I haven't heard any Rainbow or Infinite songs though Jaekyung is damn sexy. I'll check em out. To be honest though, I don't pay much attention at all as to who produced the song and my knowledge of Kpop production companies is close to 0. I just listen to songs and decide whether it sounds good or not.

And do the fan's throw LV purses and shit onto the stage? I thought they mail that expensive shit in when its the Idol's birthday or something. Which begs the question, how the hell did the fans get their address and how can others acquire such coveted information?

Xilium

Phonomezer said:
A lot of kpop music is absolute shit, SNSD are the only consistant group in this respect; their singles are always good, even Bad Girl.

I thought old-school After School were on the ball too, but their recent songs are all rubbish.

For me, consistency means that songs other than their MV singles are good. It isn't that difficult for a music artist/group to pump out 1 or 2 decent songs a year (especially with pop music as they are just buying their songs from songwriters). For SNSD, most of their hit singles are good but like 98% of the rest of their music catalog blows. For me, SNSD actually ranks lower than KARA in this regard (as well as a few others).

Biscuits

Ranvier said:
Well I didn't much like Lupin or Mister, Honey was okay but it didn't get stuck in my head like some other songs. I'm sure SweeTune does good productions it's just that their Kara songs didn't jive with me. I haven't heard any Rainbow or Infinite songs though Jaekyung is damn sexy. I'll check em out. To be honest though, I don't pay much attention at all as to who produced the song and my knowledge of Kpop production companies is close to 0. I just listen to songs and decide whether it sounds good or not.

And do the fan's throw LV purses and shit onto the stage? I thought they mail that expensive shit in when its the Idol's birthday or something. Which begs the question, how the hell did the fans get their address and how can others acquire such coveted information?
This is my guess: they mail it to the company's head office/their dorms, where the gifts first get screened by the company for security reasons
like for hidden cameras
before they are finally given to the respective artist.

Don't american artists get expensive gifts as well though?

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there's definitely a line between not personally enjoying a song and acknowledging that others can still enjoy it, which I suppose applies to all music really.

And to be honest, I started to appreciate kpop a lot more once I starting learning about the different notable producers and discovering that a lot of the songs I like are all by the same producer/s. SweeTune are my favourites by far at the moment and I can't wait to see what they come out with next, regardless of which group it is with. Once I started to listen to more kpop than I do English music it became kind of natural to want to know more and now I know exactly where to look for tracks that I'll enjoy. But this might not apply to everyone. :lol

But definitely check out RAINBOW and INFINITE!

vanty

Phonomezer said:

lol wut

SNSD were mostly just shit with the occasional decent single until the Japanese album. T-ara and 2NE1 are easily the most consistent I'd say. SNSD's Korean albums are the definition of filler.

Alta1r

Ranvier said:
Which begs the question, how the hell did the fans get their address and how can others acquire such coveted information?

One step at a time Ranvi. First you gotta see Hyo in concert. Then you gotta move up and fancam Hyo from the VIP section. Then, after you have compiled a significant amount of Hyo love you gotta start a Tumblr and post it all there and on YouTube. Only after you have reached this stage can you even begin to contemplate sending her life-sized Shrek dolls and designer Target clothes.

Xilium

Biscuits said:
Don't american artists get expensive gifts as well though?
I think that most of the gifts American artist receive are from the actual companies themselves. It's common for western companies to send artist free stuff in the hopes that they will use/wear it and provide free (minus the cost of the product itself) advertisement for that company's products and brand.

Biscuits

Xilium said:
I think that most of the gifts American artist receive are from the actual companies themselves. It's common for western companies to send artist free stuff in the hopes that they will use/wear it and provide free (minus the cost of the product itself) advertisement for that company's products and brand.
Well I'm sure Korean groups get that stuff as well, especially with all of the endorsements they do. I guess Kpop fans are just hardcore like that.

Tickets for SMTOWN go up tomorrow... I don't think I'll be going anymore though :(

79da3.gif

Raiku

Yee Monday Couple

Biscuits said:
Tickets for SMTOWN go up tomorrow... I don't think I'll be going anymore though :(
6ZwNV.gif

We were gonna fanboy/bro out together.
I'm actually pretty damn broke right now so I'm not sure if I'll be able to go either.

Xilium

Biscuits said:
Well I'm sure Korean groups get that stuff as well, especially with all of the endorsements they do. I guess Kpop fans are just hardcore like that.
Could just be the difference between an Idol and a Celebrity. I think there is just a completely different mentality approach to the two.

Biscuits

Raiku said:
Yee Monday Couple

6ZwNV.gif

We were gonna fanboy/bro out together.
I'm actually pretty damn broke right now so I'm not sure if I'll be able to go either.
Yup, definitely not going now. I just found out that I have a midterm the next day. Sucks to be us man :(

Xilium said:
Could just be the difference between an Idol and a Celebrity. I think there is just a completely different mentality approach to the two.
Yeah, exactly.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/09/nana-announces-that-orange-caramel-will-be-back-soon

Fans, be excited – After School member Nana recently revealed that sub-unit Orange Caramel will be making its comeback!

She stated on After School’s official fan site, “I took this picture at Tokyo’s Girl Collection. To stand on a big stage as the main model was like a dream. I was really nervous, but because of fans cheering me on, I was able to do strong walking. Thank you!”

Nana added, “Oh yeah! Shhh… Keep this a secret, guys! Orange Caramel will be making a comeback soon. The hint is: one Asia project season 2! You’ll look forward to it, right?”

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Pledis coming to their senses and realizing nobody cares about AS anymore.

Ashhong

I kind of agree with Dice in that I would much rather see Red/Blue and OC than AS as a whole. It's just not necessary to me really.

Peru

That may be true (and certainly everyone's waiting for the E-Young rock sub unit), but 'Shampoo' was much better than the unit tracks.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just give me more Orange Caramel!

especially cuz Raina got all hot lately

Ashhong

I couldn't care less about E-young and her guitar skills to be honest =/. You think they will actually come out with a rock sub unit?

vanty

Dice said:
One of those pictures are from today?

Anyhoo...

Krystal transforming into Sulli:
N2pUC.gif

Freaky.
Wow she really does transform as soon as she pouts ahah. So basically, in that moment Krystal was 10 times hotter than she's ever been before. At least she was able to attain greatness for a couple seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom