• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
broadwayrock said:
2cfOX.jpg

Seems like Rainbow's abs dance is the new butt dance for Japan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=QDJzwCwKWsc

The one in the red, in the middle, yeah her.

I like her assets.

Whats her name?

vanty

EatChildren said:
The one in the red, in the middle, yeah her.

I like her assets.

Whats her name?
Jaekyung. You'll find lots of sexy dancing and stuff on YouTube, because that's like her 'thing', not boring cuteness thankfully.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I always thought Ji Sook was the leader of Rainbow.

The more you know.

vanty

I think her and Woori (orange neck thing) are like sub-leaders or something. At least they're always up front and center with Jaekyung.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
With Rainbow things are a bit tricky because they are not just one of the most balanced groups in hotness, but also in talent. Jisook, Hyunyoung, and Seungah are all main vocalists. Woori is the rapper, which often also entitles her to spoken lines at the start of songs. With those roles, they all get put up front a lot but it's not like the mains in SNSD. Rather, each song they do tends to focus on two of them, so depending on the promotion, you'll get a different idea of who is the main person. Regardless of this, Jisook and Hyunyoung are the two powerhouse vocalists.

Jaekyung has strong vocals as well but her title is no joke as she primarily leads the charisma of the group. The fanservice is especially cranked up for performances other than music shows. No Eul and Yoonhye are the only ones who can be considered support members, but they are also considered visuals. I can understand that for No Eul, especially since her dancing is extra sexy, but I don't really see how Yoonhye is particularly cute. She was actually fairly frightening (dem terrifying eyes) in Korean promotions for A but has been better lately and is cuter in selcas.

Alta1r

I always thought JaeKyung was the powerhouse vocals. She seems to get a lot of solos.

That clip is pretty funny. Just repeats the same clip of the shirt lifting dance like 3 or 4 times.

Salazar

Alta1r said:
I agree. Can't go wrong with more Hyunah.

Was good when G.na came in to teach them a bit of English, and she called what they were doing a documentary.

And 4minute went "lol, we're just fucking around. Documentary ? Are you serious ?"

Alta1r

Salazar said:
Was good when G.na came in to teach them a bit of English, and she called what they were doing a documentary.

And 4minute went "lol, we're just fucking around. Documentary ? Are you serious ?"

Lol, yeah that was pretty funny. The one where they go to Thailand (I think) was entertaining too. I'm not sure if it was the same show or not.

MBC‘s Birth of a Great Star 2 held auditions in the UK recently and a former X Factor contestant auditioned for it. She sang a Christina Aguilera song and 2NE1's Lonely:

xDdRi.jpg

It will be interesting to see how far a westerner can get in the contest.

edit: found her audition, she sounds like CL when sings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXh8RYFJoi0

If you've every wondered what an English, male, Oxford graduate dancing to Rainbow's A looks like then here's a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijv09H9amd4&t=2m54s

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Salazar said:
But Hyunah is force-of-nature/act-of-god hot.
Not just something she is, it's something she does on stage. Watching her on shows, or even just off-stage in her stage outfit, I'm not like "ZOMG HOT" or anything, and she is just a charming girl. Then she flips the sexy switch to "on" and it's like being hit with a tsunami of burning passion.

Example: http://youtu.be/9BbN4JMYbfE

Guy in the white hat when she starts the chorus.

Ashhong

Salazar said:

Clip of her calling it a documentary? Missed that part

I had a dream (nightmare) that this thread was locked for no reason. Man was I pissed.

Phonomezer said:
Looks like it's from the set of Hyoyeon Does Korea... :eek:

That seems like the perfect occupation for Fiona.

Fafnir

Wheee got 2 tickets for SMTown NY, I wasn't able (didn't want to pay) for floor level but my seat locations should be good for having my friend fancam while I scream for Taengoo to marry me. I guess it's about time to learn the fanchants.

Gee
Oh!
Genie

"look Hyo, Fafnir wants to marry me!" /dream
1SJdF.png

I'm out of town so I haven't been following closely, but has there been anything cool in the way of Chuseok specials lately? AKP has like every girl group in hanbok but there's usually some decent tv specials around this time too.

lunlunqq

Got my SMTown ticket this morning. There is NO floor standing/seating tickets or at least I didn't find them. I paid the highest price listed on ticketmaster but still only got regular seating... :'(

Fafnir

lunlunqq said:
Got my SMTown ticket this morning. There is NO floor standing/seating tickets or at least I didn't find them. I paid the highest price listed on ticketmaster but still only got regular seating... :'(

Did you get "Standard Admission + Pre-Show Soundcheck Party"? I was going to get those but they didn't offer any of the GA sections so I just went Standard.

FwJHl.gif

Alta1r

Fafnir said:
Wheee got 2 tickets for SMTown NY, I wasn't able (didn't want to pay) for floor level but my seat locations should be good for having my friend fancam while I scream for Taengoo to marry me. I guess it's about time to learn the fanchants.

Gee
Oh!
Genie

Craziness! I had no idea they had guides for this stuff online and all that. Who comes up with these and how do they decide on a final chant? Is there a standard format? Voting? Politics? Lol, I'm curious about this now.

Ranvier

Alta1r said:
Craziness! I had no idea they had guides for this stuff online and all that. Who comes up with these and how do they decide on a final chant? Is there a standard format? Voting? Politics? Lol, I'm curious about this now.

Yes! I want to know too. The beginning of those videos seem like they had pretty high production values. The whole S9 thing. Who has time for stuff like that?

I imagine it as a group of secretive individuals, shrouded in mystery, wrapped in an enigma. They are from all walks of life, from titans of industry to poor farmers but everyone is an equal inside the hallowed chamber in the giant castle in Korea in which they meet. Every time SNSD releases a new single they discuss the new chant and how best to proceed in telling the lowly masses.

I imagine it to look something like this.

HPU70.jpg

lunlunqq

Fafnir said:
Did you get "Standard Admission + Pre-Show Soundcheck Party"? I was going to get those but they didn't offer any of the GA sections so I just went Standard.

FwJHl.gif

Yes, and I left all other options to be "best available." All I got were 100-level seatings. I backed out and tried with the option "floor seats only" and the search did not yield any results. I started trying right after the moment that tickets became available. The tickets for the GA sections could be gone in just a few seconds, could they?

Alta1r said:

From what I've gathered fan chants are normally made the leaders of the groups official Korean fanclub and can be available as soon as a few hours after the song has officially been released.

Those videos were produced at a later date by international fans.

Ranvier

CruxisMana said:
But definitely check out RAINBOW and INFINITE!

Finally got around to listening to these. I didn't much like the Infinite song but after 3-4 listens to the Rainbow song it really grew on me (
to the point where I looked up the Romanized version and did a half-assed attempt to sing along
). It also didn't hurt that Jaekyung (who I think is the hottest in that group) did most of the singing. That rapper is pretty hot too. Is Rainbow still popular or have they fallen off?

Also, what the heck happened to Sunwha's group, Secret? Are they still around?

Fafnir

lunlunqq said:
Yes, and I left all other options to be "best available." All I got were 100-level seatings. I backed out and tried with the option "floor seats only" and the search did not yield any results. I started trying right after the moment that tickets became available. The tickets for the GA sections could be gone in just a few seconds, could they?

Ticketmaster bot.

Sounds like we both did the same thing and got beat by bots. I refreshed Ticketmaster at :59, did my search, and only found the 100 lvl seating as well.

I'm going to try and sneak my way to GA for the end but will probably get denied by crazy fangirl ELFs.

Od0pe.gif

Ashhong

Ranvier said:
Finally got around to listening to these. I didn't much like the Infinite song but after 3-4 listens to the Rainbow song it really grew on me (
to the point where I looked up the Romanized version and did a half-assed attempt to sing along
). It also didn't hurt that Jaekyung (who I think is the hottest in that group) did most of the singing. That rapper is pretty hot too. Is Rainbow still popular or have they fallen off?

Also, what the heck happened to Sunwha's group, Secret? Are they still around?

Eh? Secret finished promoting like a month ago, went to Japan I believe, and are coming back in October amidst Brown Eyed Girls, SNSD, and Wonder Girls. Why would you think they aren't around?

Ranvier

Ashhong said:
Eh? Secret finished promoting like a month ago, went to Japan I believe, and are coming back in October amidst Brown Eyed Girls, SNSD, and Wonder Girls. Why would you think they aren't around?

Well 99% of my Kpop knowledge has come from this thread and I haven't read much about Secret in a while, that was it.

And a lot of potential reaction gifs.

1273653736_201005121742284210232101_0.jpg

2z8ap8k.gif
2enbz0x.jpg
2w2iltv.jpg
tumblr_lit1hpOyjI1qg8rau.gif

tumblr_lg4amwGARM1qaubw3.gif
spreadem.gif

tumblr_lebaemXkGK1qam0cl.gif
cryjoecry.gif

34pmcqx.gif

Fangirl.gif
tumblr_lis30ihaEe1qcl922o1_400.gif

keyew.gif
28mifex.jpg

tumblr_lhmzztsJXg1qzc805.gif
96.gif
minho22excited.gif

Salazar said:
But Hyunah is force-of-nature/act-of-god hot.

Yes and still looks beautiful without makeup and has the cutest talking voice, makes me wish I spoke Korean.

201011104516.jpg

tumblr_lr5ioeggzU1r1spsoo1_500.jpg

regarding 4Minute, this track is a grower http://youtu.be/2r47D-Y3gSc

On another subject, so I've been researching the Kpop scene here in the UK and it seems to be nearly entirely comprised of geeky teenage girls. To be expected really but it makes the idea of going to kpop night/concert a tiny bit unappealing. There is meant to be a United Cube concert (4minute, B2ST, G.NA) here in London but the recent riots has made it uncertain.

Biscuits

To those going to SMTOWN, have an amazing time and, for the love of this thread, PLZ get those fancams recorded and uploaded. I know it'll be hard, but please keep the shaking/trembling in the presence of soshi/other lesser SM groups to a minimum as well.

But yeah, have fun. Fafnir, do it if you get the chance. ELF fangirls are no match for Soshi fanboys.

Alta1r

Ranvier said:
Well 99% of my Kpop knowledge has come from this thread and I haven't read much about Secret in a while, that was it.

And a lot of potential reaction gifs.

2enbz0x.jpg
2w2iltv.jpg
tumblr_lit1hpOyjI1qg8rau.gif

tumblr_lg4amwGARM1qaubw3.gif

tumblr_lebaemXkGK1qam0cl.gif
cryjoecry.gif

tumblr_lis30ihaEe1qcl922o1_400.gif

keyew.gif
28mifex.jpg

Saved for your next Hyo spam.

Ranvier

Alta1r said:
Saved for your next Hyo spam.

I think this gif

CbQkv.gif

is much more appropriate to a Hyo spam but there probably won't be one for a while. Yuri is next on the agenda, a celebration for her triumphant return. Either way, the above gif applies.

Didn't you say you are in Boston Alta1r, are you going to SM Town? If not, you should. After all you might get close enough to Yoona for you to do this...

yoona-with-fan-im-yoona-17192291-582-415.jpg

then you turn on the charm

20090508_yoona7.jpg

and go in for a...

vyXP9.jpg

And if you play your cards right...

d.jpg

But then she'll probably do this.

tumblr_lftd0baZZ01qcy4dfo1_500.gif

lunlunqq

Fafnir said:
Ticketmaster bot.

Sounds like we both did the same thing and got beat by bots. I refreshed Ticketmaster at :59, did my search, and only found the 100 lvl seating as well.

I'm going to try and sneak my way to GA for the end but will probably get denied by crazy fangirl ELFs.

I'm totally feeling depressed now... The first time in my life to see SNSD in person... and these cheating dipshits stole my GA seats with fucking cheap bots.... :mad: I'm thinking of smuggling dog poops in there and dump onto the heads of those fuckers down there... *Rage!!!! ahhhhhhhhhh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Biscuits

lunlunqq said:
I'm totally feeling depressed now... The first time in my life to see SNSD in person... and these cheating dipshits stole my GA seats with fucking cheap bots.... :mad: I'm thinking of smuggling dog poops in there and dump onto the heads of those fuckers down there... *Rage!!!! ahhhhhhhhhh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They probably aren't the ones who scalped your tickets. Though they do deserve a smacking for buying them at exorbitant prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom