• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conceptor said:
tFfSpl.jpg

Latest 2NE1 TV ep was good, could use a seizure warning at times though, because of the Nolza concert footage.

Next episode is really the last? ;__;

Can I get T.O.P. avatar please.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Alta1r said:
I am OK with this. Like Cipher in Matrix. Lol.

But seriously, a fellow socal guy and you don't like In-N-Out? Next thing you'll tell me you don't like the Mexican food down in San Diego. And soon Soyeon. And then Nana! Where does it end OC??

tumblr_lox8efO3JA1qd704zo1_500.gif

I love In-N-Out. Mexican food is amazing.

You are still crazy.

CY:

L0NW6.png

Salazar

lol Dara.

Phase Zero: no makeup
Phase 1: Radio makeup
Phase 2: Performance makeup
Phase 3: TV makeup
Phase 4: Photo shoot makeup

"Phase 4 is just plain freaky"

And pushing the button at the traffic lights in London.

"Why is everything self-service ?"

Alta1r

Salazar said:
gF8QC.gif

^^^^^^ Yes. YES. YES.

New episode? One-on-one match? I need to see this! Also just realized the reason one of the hosts on the "Seuta" Auction thing looked familiar is cause it's KJK's "girlfriend" that makes cameos in Running Man every once in a while, lol.

tumblr_lq0figZMdJ1qd704zo1_500.gif

panda21

Salazar said:
lol Dara.

Phase Zero: no makeup
Phase 1: Radio makeup
Phase 2: Performance makeup
Phase 3: TV makeup
Phase 4: Photo shoot makeup

"Phase 4 is just plain freaky"

And pushing the button at the traffic lights in London.

"Why is everything self-service ?"

omg they go to london? this is 2ne1 tv you are talking about right? where is?

Alta1r

Lol. A 2-on-1 match versus Sparta Kook would have been pretty funny. KJK versus the kids Haha and GwangSoo. Or if KJK busted out the People's Elbow.

People%2527s+Elbow.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I remember the exact moment I first saw Jiyoung as a woman. It was the athletic version MV of Jumping in Japan, with that move she does during the breakdown. Only been getting hotter ever since.

RZI

Dice said:
I remember the exact moment I first saw Jiyoung as a woman. It was the athletic version MV of Jumping in Japan, with that move she does during the breakdown. Only been getting hotter ever since.
17-year-olds are not women.

Dice

RZI said:
17-year-olds are not women.
All known record of human biology and practice say different. Let's not get confused with reality because of the convenience of keeping legal rights/responsibilities and social protections aligned.

RZI

Dice said:
All known record of human biology and practice say different. Let's not get confused with reality because of the convenience of keeping legal rights/responsibilities and social protections aligned.
I have no idea what that second sentence means. I need to find what social protection is.

Anyway, I personally don't see anyone under 20 as women. I don't really think they are mature enough. But whatever floats your boat.

Dice

RZI said:
I have no idea what that second sentence means. I need to find what social protection is.
Meaning that if a person has not yet been granted the same legal rights and powers as others, there are special laws and social policies set into place in order to protect them from being exploited in their weaker position in society with the corresponding lack of experience in being entrusted with the responsibility of whatever aspects of life those rights would entail. Sexual relations are prohibited as well as business contracts, etc.

Anyway, I personally don't see anyone under 20 as women. I don't really think they are mature enough. But whatever floats your boat.
Of course I imagine that if I tried to have a relationship with Jiyoung I would be fighting the urge to throw my head through the nearest wall after a few conversations, but that has nothing to do with whether or not she is physically mature and attractive, which was obviously the context in question. If you need to hold only a single, all-encompassing definition for the word "woman" in order to keep these different facets of womanhood sorted out in your mind, that's fine, but I don't see how it is too difficult to understand what other people mean.

Dice

And oh, what the hell... just for shits and giggles (and philosophical insight when it comes to admiring the sometimes-fairly-young idols), here is my culture-and-law-transcending, no-bullshit definition of adulthood.

Premise: End of the known world occurs. Person is suddenly in the situation where they find a capable spouse and they need to raise a family and take that family somewhere to find the other remnants of humanity to form a functional gene pool and repopulate the world.

Can this person:
1) Observe the situation and life in general and figure out what they need to do daily to survive.
2) Learn from the situation what needs to be done and what their place is in the larger picture.
3) Accept the role they will have to play for the good of all.
4) Adapt themselves to match it.
5) Commit themselves to the action they must take in both daily routine and exceptional actions, should potential critical situations arise, to see the purposes of general wisdom and survival fulfilled.

If that is the case, they are an adult. They may be a young, inexperienced, immature, unwise adult, and they may make mistakes along the way, but that capacity to learn and change and uphold the necessary burden is adulthood.

A person could even neglect these capacities and look out for their own good at the expense of the whole, and this would only make them a bad person yet still an adult because the capacity to do otherwise is still there. The structures of human form, instinct, and intellect required to express the surviving nature of humanity is developed, capable and present.

Despite whatever ways our society changes and the education and work establishments shift and laws then follow to guide people and stabilize justice while maintaining freedoms as well as possible, I think these are the base realities and intrinsic qualities of adult humanity that will remain and be weighted by those who define the laws amid those social and cultural contexts.

Dice

lol sorry, I'm a thinker. That kind of stuff pours out of my head so quickly, especially when an opinion is challenged so I have to stop and think why I think it in the first place.

Edit: Just to be clear, it's not really about proving a point but rather about exploring thought, which I primarily do through discussion as I am an extrovert. Sorry for using you guys as my brain's worktable.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I don't mind. As long as there isn't anything hyo-related to go with it.. it doesn't bother me.

Clipse

Soompi article said:
SNSD’s member Sunny, has boldly confessed that less than half of the SNSD members have fallen in love. 

On the September 13 episode of SBS "Strong Heart," MC Kang Ho Dong asked an unexpected question to Sunny, “Are any of your members in a relationship or seeing anyone?” Sunny revealed, “Less than half our members have a crush on someone and/or is already in a relationship.” 

The groups’ youngest member, Seohyun, was then asked, “Who do you think, out of your members, will be the first to get married?” Seohyun answered by saying, “Hyoyeon has always mentioned that she wanted to get married quickly, so, Hyoyeon. Then maybe Sunny and also Jessica.” MC Lee Seung Gi then pointed out, “I think Sunny is one of the members who are included in the ‘already dating’ list,” surprising Sunny. 

Meanwhile, during the program Hyoyeon also confessed on going to a date with an older man after being introduced to him through a close unni (older sister). She also talked about an incident where she forgot to take off a restaurant apron and walked around with her date wearing it. “I was so embarrassed after that apron incident, that I haven’t been able to get in touch with him again.”
Jessica + Taecyeon confirmed? Hmmm..

Alta1r

That restaurant apron story doesn't make any sense to me. And Yoona's clearly gonna be the first one married. Just as soon as I finish school here..

tumblr_lrg86iAM6S1qd704zo1_500.gif

Niks

Sunny revealed, “Less than half our members have a crush on someone and/or is already in a relationship.”

Well we already know Fanny and Taeng are currently dating... So that would leave 2 more members??

Alta1r

Niks said:
Well already know Fanny and Taeng are currently dating... So that would leave 2 more members??

Jess and Sunny? Jess has got the tea. Sunny...maybe her uncle ordered a dude on SHINee or SuJu to take her out? Lol.

Ranvier

Niks said:
Well we already know Fanny and Taeng are currently dating... So that would leave 2 more members??

Its probably Sooyoung with someone from her Church and Seohyun. Even though she's the youngest you can just tell she'd date someone to be the "bad girl" and get attention. As long as it isn't Yuri, I'm happy. And isn't Sica confirmed to be dating due to her "tea" escapades?

But who knows how much of this is true. I've seen clips where Idols say their management company has strict policies against dating (while I abhor such a thing and feel its more akin to slavery then a contract, I'm glad for it because it keeps Yuri single for me). Of course, Idols are constantly asked if they are dating or have a crush on someone and they very well can't say no. That makes for boring TV, and boring TV equals low ratings, and low ratings equals getting your food privileges taken away by your manager. And on the other-hand, if they say yes, their management companies will probably beat them and put them in solitary confinement for a month and tell the world they got into a car accident and somehow cracked their tailbone (
even though it was the baton that did the cracking.
). This is because if they are dating, they lose fans. For example, if Yuri (god forbid) was dating someone they would lose a huge amount of their male audience since, lets face it, its a huge turn off if the girl you like is dating someone. They would even lose a lot of their female audience depending on which male Idol she were dating.

This is why Sunny's answer was so clever, almost...too clever. It was the answer the audience wanted to hear. She said less then half are dating which titillates the people and gets em in a frenzy as they guess who it is. But, it also keeps them interested in the group because hopefully its not the girl they like.

SNSD+Concert_stick.jpg

To add insult to injury, the beatings are probably handed out by the very stick the fans use to cheer them on. 8(. One day, I'll free Yuri from the bonds of servitude.

Dark_Angel_SNSD_Yuri_by_BalanceYYA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom