• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DXPett1

Clipse said:
Jessica + Taecyeon confirmed? Hmmm..

tea jokes aside...

1776140_o.gif

Salazar said:
She's apparently not in love with the mystery idol -- Eunhyuk -- anymore. She told him, he said he already knew, maybe knocked her back, and now she's done.

Wait, so Hyo actually spoke to somone outside SNSD? Must be branching out

Ranvier said:
Its probably Sooyoung with someone from her Church and Seohyun. Even though she's the youngest you can just tell she'd date someone to be the "bad girl" and get attention. As long as it isn't Yuri, I'm happy. And isn't Sica confirmed to be dating due to her "tea" escapades?

But who knows how much of this is true. I've seen clips where Idols say their management company has strict policies against dating (while I abhor such a thing and feel its more akin to slavery then a contract, I'm glad for it because it keeps Yuri single for me). Of course, Idols are constantly asked if they are dating or have a crush on someone and they very well can't say no. That makes for boring TV, and boring TV equals low ratings, and low ratings equals getting your food privileges taken away by your manager. And on the other-hand, if they say yes, their management companies will probably beat them and put them in solitary confinement for a month and tell the world they got into a car accident and somehow cracked their tailbone (
even though it was the baton that did the cracking.
). This is because if they are dating, they lose fans. For example, if Yuri (god forbid) was dating someone they would lose a huge amount of their male audience since, lets face it, its a huge turn off if the girl you like is dating someone. They would even lose a lot of their female audience depending on which male Idol she were dating.

This is why Sunny's answer was so clever, almost...too clever. It was the answer the audience wanted to hear. She said less then half are dating which titillates the people and gets em in a frenzy as they guess who it is. But, it also keeps them interested in the group because hopefully its not the girl they like.

I got a tinfoil hat you can use.

Meanwhile, during the program Hyoyeon also confessed on going to a date with an older man after being introduced to him through a close unni (older sister). She also talked about an incident where she forgot to take off a restaurant apron and walked around with her date wearing it. “I was so embarrassed after that apron incident, that I haven’t been able to get in touch with him again.”

lulz

poor brave hyo!

Ranvier

bloodforge said:
I got a tinfoil hat you can use.

The Kpop industry is all smoke and mirrors. Plus, if you think about it, they've been paying room and board and training these girls since they were 12. In the end, they are just protecting their investment and getting all they can possibly get out of them.

Alta1r

Ranvier said:
Its probably Sooyoung with someone from her Church and Seohyun. Even though she's the youngest you can just tell she'd date someone to be the "bad girl" and get attention. As long as it isn't Yuri, I'm happy. And isn't Sica confirmed to be dating due to her "tea" escapades?

But who knows how much of this is true. I've seen clips where Idols say their management company has strict policies against dating (while I abhor such a thing and feel its more akin to slavery then a contract, I'm glad for it because it keeps Yuri single for me). Of course, Idols are constantly asked if they are dating or have a crush on someone and they very well can't say no. That makes for boring TV, and boring TV equals low ratings, and low ratings equals getting your food privileges taken away by your manager. And on the other-hand, if they say yes, their management companies will probably beat them and put them in solitary confinement for a month and tell the world they got into a car accident and somehow cracked their tailbone (
even though it was the baton that did the cracking.
). This is because if they are dating, they lose fans. For example, if Yuri (god forbid) was dating someone they would lose a huge amount of their male audience since, lets face it, its a huge turn off if the girl you like is dating someone. They would even lose a lot of their female audience depending on which male Idol she were dating.

This is why Sunny's answer was so clever, almost...too clever. It was the answer the audience wanted to hear. She said less then half are dating which titillates the people and gets em in a frenzy as they guess who it is. But, it also keeps them interested in the group because hopefully its not the girl they like.

SNSD+Concert_stick.jpg

To add insult to injury, the beatings are probably handed out by the very stick the fans use to cheer them on. 8(. One day, I'll free Yuri from the bonds of servitude.

Dark_Angel_SNSD_Yuri_by_BalanceYYA.jpg

Lol. Hilarious. And incredible pic of Yuri..hot damn!

Ashhong

Ranvier said:

I don't think you get Seohyun at all. While I of course could be getting fooled by their acts, she has stated multiple times she doesn't care about boys, and is too focused on school, music, etc. Didn't you watch We Got Married? The last thing she would do is go and date someone just to be the "bad girl"

Ranvier

Ashhong said:
I don't think you get Seohyun at all. While I of course could be getting fooled by their acts, she has stated multiple times she doesn't care about boys, and is too focused on school, music, etc. Didn't you watch We Got Married? The last thing she would do is go and date someone just to be the "bad girl"

Yeah you are probably right. I haven't gotten around to the SNSD WGMs yet but I WANT to believe that Seohyun wants to be the bad girl. Just from Hello Baby it seems like the other girls treat her like crap and she just takes it because she is the youngest and it doesn't seem like she holds any resentment towards them, just the Korean Culture I guess. Or it could be just on camera because she knows that's the role she is supposed to take.

ARG, that's the thing, I don't know whats real anymore. Like Yoona even says, "you just act all innocent on camera Seohyun, but at the dorms you are 100% different, always calling boys." And Seohyun kept saying that was a lie. Yet this all could have been an elaborate ploy for the cameras or it could have been the truf, who knows. On one hand it all seems so candid but on the other, we know there's like 30 producers/cameraman/mangers in front of them guiding errthing. Who knows? I just want it to be true cus that Seohyun looks like a cunning hamster.

tumblr_lask9xzMpI1qa8kkdo1_500.png

Ashhong

Ranvier said:
Yeah you are probably right. I haven't gotten around to the SNSD WGMs yet but I WANT to believe that Seohyun wants to be the bad girl. Just from Hello Baby it seems like the other girls treat her like crap and she just takes it because she is the youngest and it doesn't seem like she holds any resentment towards them, just the Korean Culture I guess. Or it could be just on camera because she knows that's the role she is supposed to take.

ARG, that's the thing, I don't know whats real anymore. Like Yoona even says, "you just act all innocent on camera Seohyun, but at the dorms you are 100% different, always calling boys." And Seohyun kept saying that was a lie. Yet this all could have been an elaborate ploy for the cameras or it could have been the truf, who knows. On one hand it all seems so candid but on the other, we know there's like 30 producers/cameraman/mangers in front of them guiding errthing. Who knows? I just want it to be true cus that Seohyun looks like a cunning hamster.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lask9xzMpI1qa8kkdo1_500.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

She would have to be one incredible actress. Seriously, watching her on any other show or interview and how they all talk about how she's so prim and proper, theres no way for it to be fake. I think they say she is 100% because she isnt quiet. She is pretty opinionated and tells the others things like "u really shouldnt do that!" things like that.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Finally, still not watching RM.

Viki needs to hurry up and finish subbing ep 3 of Killer Girl K >_<

Biscuits

lol, I love reading this oniontaker guy's stuff. Thanks for sharing whoever it was.

wQtPd.gif

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/09/ludacris-and-yg-sign-an-agreement-to-collaborate-in-korea

It is planned that Ludacris will feature in the songs of YG’s idol groups and also have music interactions and exchanges with them.

Ludacris will also promote his personally designed headphones, ‘Soul By Ludacris’, in Korea through YG.
Don't really listen to him so can't say what this will mean for YG, but damn are those headphones screaming Beats wannabes, just like the 50 cent ones.

Salazar said:

i really like celeb couples lol, i was a taec/yoona shipper before and wanted them to get together especially after fo s2, cabi cf and that saturday night special thing where they "kissed".

i think khuntoria is cute as well and junhyung/hara (if they are still going out)

i think its ridiculous (no offence to you guys here) how fans can be like "omfg i hate XXX cause they are going out with XXX omgomgomg im so angry right now". i read all that stuff on allkpop and i just feel like telling them to get a life

(._.)

Banned
im gonna start posting in here more >_> i started listening to kpop recently idk y?! o_0 mainly just hyuna and the band shes the star of though i love her!!!

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
(._.) said:
im gonna start posting in here more >_> i started listening to kpop recently idk y?! o_0 mainly just hyuna and the band shes the star of though i love her!!!

i saw "hy" and almost had a heart attack

you're lucky.

good choice though.

Fafnir

Biscuits said:
lol, I love reading this oniontaker guy's stuff. Thanks for sharing whoever it was.

I'm still curious if anyone on GAF asks that dude questions, some of his Q&A is too coincidental.

Who's dating in SNSD...I'd say Sica, Hyo, Yuri, and Sooyoung as they are the outgoing ones and that "going bowling" could actually mean "going on dates". They say that Taengoo, Sunny, and Fany are the homebodies, which could be reverse psychology and that actually means they have boyfriends or have sex with each other...I like to think the latter. The only one I could see Seohyun with is Yongwha but she is too upright and has goals she wants to achieve that a boyfriend would get in the way of. Yoona I can't really see in a relationship, but if she was I think her and Lee Seunggi would make beautiful babies.

OO9s8.gif

DXPett1

wing_zero8556 said:
i think its ridiculous (no offence to you guys here) how fans can be like "omfg i hate XXX cause they are going out with XXX omgomgomg im so angry right now". i read all that stuff on allkpop and i just feel like telling them to get a life

Don't take all of us seriously ;)

Sal, you grab Taecyeon's legs, I'll grab his arms and we'll chuck him in a river

I agree on the Dice rolling part of RM52. The excited build up to each roll only compounded (most) of the players impending failure.

The guest was definately one of the better ones. Loved his stalker/stealth approach to his attack.

My favourite guest(s) are still the two actors who played cops (Joong Ki's last episode) however

Conceptor

Fafnir said:
Yoona I can't really see in a relationship, but if she was I think her and Lee Seunggi would make beautiful babies.

OO9s8.gif

kDQvD.gif

Someone asked Onion about the Sunny comment on Strong Heart. Fess up, which one of you guys was it!

Auctioned Genie costume went for a decent sum, apparently.

AhXtN.gif
0Gcg1.gif

nMCLh.gif
7tZqf.gif

Ranvier

Salazar said:
And the seemingly neverending flashing lights.

Are those glow sticks given out at the concert? I mean lets say they are sold there at a very conservative 5 bucks a pop. Average concert size is around 20k people. Lets say half buy it, that's 50 thousand dollars per concert. Like 10-12 concerts per year which is around 500k off those glow sticks alone.

Seriously, I feel like in the future, groups like SNSD will be used to control the masses. Too subdue their rebellious nature and enact the will of their leaders.

snsd-concert-tokyo.jpg

Its also really pissing me off that whenever I do Google searches of Yuri, that snarky bastard Minho keeps popping up.
I kid, I kid...slightly....

Ranvier

Salazar said:
Minho gets a pass. Onew gets such a pass that he could even date Tiff.

True, he did seem like a cool cat on IY. This is why you always have back-ups people. I have Gyuri waiting in the wings and Hyo as the guarantee.

tumblr_lqn945Z2821r1u9lto1_500.jpg

New info of SNSD has been very slow lately compared to previous times in this thread. Sigh, I wonder what the heck Yuri is doing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom