• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
played Shanghai Romance and You're Out on the way to and from work today. My two favorite songs right now.. Soooo good.

Ranvier

Why aren't people more weirded out by these "love contracts"?

Well, now that I think about it, everyone should have "love contracts" not just celebrities. You got the condom to protect you physically and the contract to protect your assets. Both are essential and they would sell themselves. Plus, it would give the thousands of unemployed lawyers something to do.

Taengoo doesn't like the contract terms.

taeyeon-330-fansigning-101110.jpg

But Hyo is ready to get down.

05ef16d8bee6e616_snsd_fansigning_12.jpg

4527180778_af9c4ed04a.jpg

Ranvier

orangecaramel said:
played Shanghai Romance and You're Out on the way to and from work today. My two favorite songs right now.. Soooo good.

"You're out" is an awesome song, gotta thank Dice for telling me about it. That "ssss" sound they make is sexy. I can sing the first verse pretty flawlessly now with only a touch of my horrendous American accent. Still having trouble with the chorus (which I don't care for much) and second verse which is my favorite part. It sends shivers down my spine. I think its that OMR or AMR crap. There was a thread about it in the off-topic section.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ranvier said:
It sends shivers down my spine. I think its that OMR or AMR crap. There was a thread about it in the off-topic section.
It's called joy. It tends to happen when you listen to music that's actually good.

Alta1r

Ranvier said:
Why aren't people more weirded out by these "love contracts"?

I don't think it actually happens enough for people to be all up in arms about it. Or why they would be up in arms over it even if it did.

Ranvier said:
But Hyo is ready to get down.

Beggars can't be choosers. She's gotta take what she can get, lol.

Alta1r said:
Beggars can't be choosers. She's gotta take what she can get, lol.

The other 7 girls get a chance with the guys HyoYeon has crossed off her list. That's just how she rolls. This will be amplified when they debut in the US with HyoYeon as center girl, lead singer and lead dancer.

I say 7 because I'm not sure if it's savoury to mention Yoon/interspecies relationships.

Alta1r

orangecaramel said:

Shanghai Love is catchy as hell. I may have to add it to my gym playlist.

Phonomezer said:
The other 7 girls get a chance with the guys HyoYeon has crossed off her list. That's just how she rolls. This will be amplified when they debut in the US with HyoYeon as center girl, lead singer and lead dancer.

I say 7 because I'm not sure if it's savoury to mention Yoon/interspecies relationships.

Goldberg.gif

Speaking of center girls:

http://yoonaddict.com/post/11412954984/yoona-looks-best-in-a-wedding-dress

A survey conducted on Daum asked their users, “Which SNSD member looks the best in a wedding dress?”
The poll continues until the 31st, but as of 8:50pm KST on the 13th, 10,120 users participated in the poll and Yoona came in at first place with 25.1% of all votes, while Seohyun came in at second place with 23.9% of the votes.
Taeyeon came in at third place seizing 13.1% of the votes, Yuri was behind her with 9.4%, and Hyoyeon with 7.2%.
Tiffany and Jessica tied for 6th place, each with 6.2% of the votes, Sunny at 7th place with 4.7%, and Soo Young came in last with 4.3% of the votes.
The reason this survey came about was because SNSD had revealed a teaser photo wearing wedding dresses to promote their upcoming maxi single release in the States.
Netizens responded to the survey with, “Yoona & Seohyun were picked because of their innocent charm“, “I wonder who will come in at first“, “I wonder if they are nervous too“, and “All 9 of them look good in wedding dresses.”

Ranvier

Dice said:
It's called joy. It tends to happen when you listen to music that's actually good.

Bu...but, don't you listen to Kara?

alta1r said:
wedding dress

How is Yuri not number one in that Poll? I really feel like in America, Yuri and Hyo will be considered the hottest. America isn't like Korea or Japan. We like our woman to be sexy and have actual womanly bodies, you know, curves. We aren't into androgynous twigs that resemble aliens.

I remember reading once that women with big boobs are automatically considered slutty in Korea. Dunno if that's true though.

Phonomezer said:

Lol you are going to cry when she is treated as the back up dancer.

Ranvier

CaptYamato said:
Lol you are going to cry when she is treated as the back up dancer.

If Hyo is put as a backup dancer I feel really bad for what they're going to do to the likes of Yoona and Sooyoung. They can neither dance or sing. They'll probably get demoted and be used as teamsters or mannequin props when they preform the Engrish version of Gee.

Alta1r

Ranvier said:
Bu...but, don't you listen to Kara?

tumblr_ljsqktt4dG1qcnahpo1_250.gif

Ranvier said:
I really feel like in America, Yuri and Hyo will be considered the hottest. America isn't like Korea or Japan. We like our woman to be sexy and have actual womanly bodies, you know, curves. We aren't into the androgynous twigs that resemble aliens.

yoona.jpg
+ Padded Bra = Instant #1

hyo-yeon-in-pig-tails.jpg
+ anything =
evolutionary-disgust-getty-photo-lambert1.jpg

Nobody will go for YOON in the US.

Yuri and PerfectHyo will be the most popular if given half a chance, like the time GorgeousHyo delivered the upset in Paris. lol.

Westerners like their ET's in films, not music videos.

Alta1r

Phonomezer said:
Nobody will go for YOON in the US.

Yuri and PerfectHyo will be the most popular if given half a chance, like the time GorgeousHyo delivered the upset in Paris. lol.

Westerners like their ET's in films, not music videos.

Lol, I'm surprised Huijang Sal hasn't intervened yet.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Everyone will fawn over Tiffany and Jessica when they find out they were born in California and speak perfect english.

Salazar

rMoBA.gif

jIXkc.gif

I want a leaked love contract.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/10/what-has-kang-ho-dong-been-doing-for-the-past-34-days

It’s been over a month since Kang Ho Dong announced his temporary retirement, and many have been wondering what he’s been up to since then. Close officials of the MC recently disclosed some details of his whereabouts with Newsen.

They revealed, “Since his press conference announcing his retirement, he’s returned home and hasn’t stepped out much since. He mainly plays with his son and remains in his home.”

The furthest he’s stepped out was the park for children within the apartment complex. For the past 34 days, he’s spent his days with his family and three year old son.

Another official revealed, “He barely leaves the home and just stays home with his family. I think that he’s trying to make up for the time lost with his busy schedule for his son and wife. Either way, he hasn’t been leaving the home and has put himself under voluntary house arrest.”

Kang Ho Dong is also restricting phone calls and rarely responds to text messages sent by close celebrity friends and industry representatives.

No mention of hooking up in parking lots.

Alta1r

orangecaramel said:
Everyone will fawn over Tiffany and Jessica when they find out they were born in California and speak perfect english.

This is probably the most accurate statement on this page. Especially once people hear them speak fully fluent English. If anybody here hears the others speaking in fobby English it's game over. That shit's like kryptonite. They're better off sticking to Korean and having translators.

Alta1r

Phonomezer said:
Too busy nodding in agreement
with me

Lol, you know I'm actually kind of curious how many pages on average this thread goes between PerfectHyo/Hyogre "conversations." I think since Ranvier and I got posting rights and you got in on the kpop love it's probably less than three pages.

Huijang Sal said:

No, Huijang Sal, not you too! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..

vanty

Tiffany and Jessica can speak English. But "perfect English" is really pushing it though, they both sound weird as hell.

Biscuits

bloodforge said:
They sound fine to me.
Just very juvenile, which is to be expected. Otherwise yeah they sound normal.

Man, the more I think about it the more I see America not digging their style at all. YG maybe but not SM.

Biscuits

More soshi album info:
soshified said:
Details on Girls’ Generation’s 3rd Album “The Boys”

The best girl group, Girls’ Generation, who now has the entire world’s attention, will be releasing their 3rd album, “The Boys”, on October 19th.
Their new album was created by worldwide producer Teddy Riley, along with Yoo Youngjin, Kim Younghoo, hitchiker, Kenzie, Hwang Sungjae, and other well-known composers. The album will show off Girls’ Generation’s appealing voices and is expected to gain an explosive amount of attention from their fans all over the world.

Their title song “The Boys” was created by Teddy Riley, carrying a strong, powerful drum sound and rhythm. Its unique arrangement and original chord creates a futuristic sound, making it an urban pop dance single that is expected to cause another worldwide Girls’ Generation fever.

The album will also contain the Korean version of Girls’ Generation’s Japanese hit, “MR. TAXI”, as well as a bright R&B ballad, “Spring Day (How Great Is Your Love)”, which is member Sooyoung’s first self-composed song. ”Telepathy” will be of a bright, cheerful synthpop genre, while “Say Yes” will be a fun, retro pop track. ”Vitamin” will be Girls’ Generation delivering cheer and support. All of these diverse tracks should be enough to capture global music fans.

Their dance song “TRICK” will be about Girls’ Generation as magicians, and “OSCAR” will show off the members strong vocals admist a powerful, dark sound. Along with “Top Secret”, a track that carries a retro sound sure to leave an impression, the album will contain a total of 12 songs, showing off Girls’ Generation’s various charms.

The album will come in a tin case, and includes ten postcards along with a booklet. Also, it comes with a group poster and an individual poster of a random member.
As if the previous two teasers for “The Boys” weren’t enough to get everyone excited, SM Entertainment will be releasing a teaser for the music video on October 15th at midnight KST on the Girls’ Generation official website and SMTown’s Youtube and Facebook pages. An additional teaser will be released two days later on the 17th at midnight ahead of the release of the album on the 19th, on what is becoming known as “Girls’ Generation Day”. The girls will make their first comeback performance on KBS “Music Bank” on October 21st.

Girls’ Generation Day is almost upon us, and if you haven’t ordered the album already, pre-orders are available at YesAsia(without poster) and with poster. Also, Soshified is organizing a bulk order with Korean fansites, so check that out in this thread.
The Girl's Generation Day bit is pretty lame.

Salazar said:
No hope... no hope at all...

vanty

2NE1 could definitely have success. 4minute and BEG maybe, though they'd probably need a name change, especially "Brown Eyed Girls".

But the SNSD sort of sound doesn't really work outside of Asia.

EDIT: Wow ^^^ sounds like it was written by the biggest fanboy imaginable. "The best girl group, Girls’ Generation, who now has the entire world’s attention" ahahahaha

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah, in America you have to brag about you're the shit, be pissed off, or be depressed. Being happy is apparently fucked up and lame unless it's 100% about how you're becoming intoxicated and having sex.

Such a healthy culture we have.

Baby Milo

2ne1 prob has the most international appeal and they actually make listenable songs

every member speaks multiple languages

Dice said:
Yeah, in America you have to brag about you're the shit, be pissed off, or be depressed. Being happy is apparently fucked up and lame unless it is 100% about how you are becoming intoxicated and having sex.

lol don't be that guy

Alta1r

Dice said:
Yeah, in America you have to brag about you're the shit, be pissed off, or be depressed. Being happy is apparently fucked up and lame unless it's 100% about how you're becoming intoxicated and having sex.

Lol, dude what kind of music are you listening to? There's plenty of fluffy crap out here too. And kpop ain't all rainbows and sunshine either. Errbody's singing about whatever they need to sing about to make some money. Enjoy it.

vanty said:
But the SNSD sort of sound doesn't really work outside of Asia.

I think SNSD's sound would work fine on radio stations. Some of these songs were originally planned for American release by American artists as far as I remember (like RDR). It's their aegyo and non-sexed up style that wouldn't fly so well here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom