• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niks

Havent seen this one before. I said wow.

Loc5U.jpg

Conceptor

Alta1r said:
Huijang Sal wtf.

Jaekyung
Woori
Poor man's Taengoo
the triplets
No, Ew
ZZ148.gif

Sebulon3k said:
exclusion is Sunny cause she doesn't seem like she would be very fun to be around for long periods of time.
Just getting this from the HoN thread Swag, didn't want to go OT there. I disagree, you should watch Hello Baby and IY when you get some free time sometime soon!

Swag

Conceptor said:
Just getting this from the HoN thread Swag, didn't want to go OT there. I disagree, you should watch Hello Baby and IY when you get some free time sometime soon!
I'll do that tonight, are they on youtube somewhere?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Secret MV http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=yGO84ZoYXts

Edit: Thoughts...
1. Jieun foreverrrr
2. Sunhwa is really hot, too, yeow!
3. Ultra high energy dance again. Ready to see superhuman singing quality despite it again.
4. Don't really like the song, but it's better than Madonna. I like the 왔다 갔다 왔다 갔다 part.

Biscuits

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/10/lee-soo-man-on-his-system-of-management-upcoming-groups-m1-m2-and-his-dreams

Lee Soo Man's thoughts on venturing into the states:
And what about SM Entertainment’s plans for expansion into the U.S.?

The reporter asked, “SM TOWN is going to be held at Madison Square Garden in New York, are you going to be making an official venture into the U.S.?” Lee Soo Man replied,

“No, it’s not like that. Rather than venturing into the U.S., we are just holding a concert as a consolation for the people we consider a part of an imaginary country called SM TOWN. The markets of China and Asia will be bigger than the U.S. market. Thus, it isn’t really necessary to go into the U.S. In the near future, when a ‘Hollywood of Asia’ appears, the cultural center of the world will make a big shift to Asia. Asian songs are not well known in the U.S.? Totally irrelevant because Asia will soon become the center.”

Alta1r

Fafnir said:
This magazine pic of Taeyeon is dominating my tumblr. Hope there is more.

R9eZy.jpg

Wow, what is this from? I feel like with sliiiightly lighter hair and from a distance with this getup she could be mistaken for white.

Dice

Biscuits said:
http://www.allkpop.com/2011/10/lee-s...and-his-dreams

Lee Soo Man's thoughts on venturing into the states:
lol making prophecies

vanty said:
If IY2 doesn't have Shinyoung it can fuck off, no matter what idols are on it.
She's great for many reasons, but she started binding to one person too much. First Sunny, then Jooyeon as she complained about Sunny missing. I thought Euni was pretty cool and someone like Hyori (a female Taewoo, essentially) would be awesome. Jiyoung confirmed makes me happy, and I never expected to hear Yewon's name mentioned. Jing + Yewon + Suzy = I'm dying already. I hope those are true.

The reporter asked, “SM TOWN is going to be held at Madison Square Garden in New York, are you going to be making an official venture into the U.S.?” Lee Soo Man replied,

“No, it’s not like that. Rather than venturing into the U.S., we are just holding a concert as a consolation for the people we consider a part of an imaginary country called SM TOWN. The markets of China and Asia will be bigger than the U.S. market. Thus, it isn’t really necessary to go into the U.S. In the near future, when a ‘Hollywood of Asia’ appears, the cultural center of the world will make a big shift to Asia. Asian songs are not well known in the U.S.? Totally irrelevant because Asia will soon become the center.”

Bollywood?

Or not Asian enough for Korea?

Alta1r

vanty said:
If IY2 doesn't have Shinyoung it can fuck off, no matter what idols are on it.

Yeah, she is pretty key. No Shinyoung + any idols = crap probably.
Except if they got my dream team Yoona, Sica, Jaekyung, Jiyeon, IU, Nana, and one of Suzy, Eunjung, Soyeon, or that WG Yu-something. Then I'd watch them if the entire show was them sitting around talking for 20 episodes.
But I don't think it works the other way around though. Even Shinyoung can't save a show without a decent (read: attractive) cast.

Regardless, I hope they incorporate some more RM style elements into the show.

Niks

Its good to dream big and all but, yeah, this is a little too out there, not to mention arrogant.

Fafnir

Alta1r said:
Wow, what is this from? I feel like with sliiiightly lighter hair and from a distance with this getup she could be mistaken for white.

November Issue magazine. One of the features that Taengoo said she likes about herself is her porcelain skin. I never noticed the skin tone on Asians till my Japanese friend pointed it out with his ex-gf and how much it turns him on. Apparently Yuri is really dark and that's why they call her Black Pearl, I always thought it was because of her black hair, but I can see it now when compared to Taeyeon.

p0VPj.gif

Fafnir said:
Apparently Yuri is really dark and that's why they call her Black Pearl, I always thought it was because of her black hair, but I can see it now when compared to Taeyeon.

Yuri is practically NUBIAN at this point.

I think most of them use skin whiteners. PerfectHyo used to look darker.

Alta1r

Fafnir said:
November Issue magazine. One of the features that Taengoo said she likes about herself is her porcelain skin. I never noticed the skin tone on Asians till my Japanese friend pointed it out with his ex-gf and how much it turns him on. Apparently Yuri is really dark and that's why they call her Black Pearl, I always thought it was because of her black hair, but I can see it now when compared to Taeyeon.

p0VPj.gif

I always thought Asians had a somewhat "milky" skin tone, for lack of a better word. But I always thought the "porcelain skin" some of these girls have was mostly makeup and shop. But if Taengoo's got that going naturally, more power to her. Although I'm a fan of cafe to slightly toasted skin tones as well.

Dice

Yeah, skintone is one of those things we are kind of oblivious to (or at least have wider appreciation for) in our multiethnic country. I like darker tone girls like Fei same as lighter girls like Sulli. Whatevs.

Dice

New Wonder Girls album tomorrow. So excited. My beautiful dark skin Yubin, what sexy raps will you have for me?

kwwyg.jpg

"Should Yuri be Korea's Oprah?

The way she HUMBLE and STUN WOW SHINE like a moon of diamonds, very black skin and her STRIVE to create a BETTER PLACE for all people with WORLDWIDE attention holding music could position Asia's beloved BLACK PEARL as a more famous and emasculating version of OPRAH.

She endure like quality HOMOSEX DESIGN BAG and HEEL"

ramyeon

Dice said:
Ah, okay. Fucking mistranslations. How fast are these people working when even I can have a more accurate understanding of Korean reports?
Yeah, I think it was actually a badly written report that led people to believe tomorrow. I don't think WG would release their highly anticipated comeback without any sort of hype or teasing though, so I'm gonna say a week or two at least.

Dice

My guess is Nov 7th. They won't wait too long into November since they are wanting to go back to the US in December.

ramyeon

Dice said:
My guess is Nov 7th. They won't wait too long into November since they are wanting to go back to the US in December.
Yeah first week of November is a good bet.

This week has had so much good new music anyway, it would have been interesting to see SNSD and WG go head to head though.

Niks said:
Its good to dream big and all but, yeah, this is a little too out there, not to mention arrogant.

Asia as the cultural center of the world is wishful thinking. What's even more wishful thinking is wasting time trying to make the transition into the US. There are a few kpop acts that could find success in the US. For most, it'll just be an unattainable dream.

Focusing on Asia is a smart strategy. The Asian markets are more welcoming and you don't have to completely change your business premise.

Salazar

RobotChant said:
The Asian markets are more welcoming and you don't have to completely change your business premise.

And your members can go on tv and say "my special talent is Pokemon impressions" and not get booted out of the country.

mjn9l.gif

Salazar said:
And your members can go on tv and say "my special talent is Pokemon impressions" and not get booted out of the country.

mjn9l.gif

Or go on tv and talk about how they like to pass gas and stink up the stage while performing. Keep it real kpop, stay in Asia.

Clipse

Sunny and Hyoyeon are now confirmed for Invincible Youth 2.
I guess we now know who's parts are gonna be cut from the actual broadcast. Better stick to Sunny as much as possible to get some airtime.

Dice

Not Hyoyeon :(((((((((((((((

Although the producers had wished to keep all of the names hidden until shooting, it proved to be impossible with the high speed of the Internet. “Since the rumors are so fast, the names of the main members have already been leaked,” said an industry insider. The show will film its first episode on October 26th.
omg please confirm suzy and yewon.

subin's name has also been tossed around. she's pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom