• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narolf

Banned
So many outfits they pulled there, the there are no excuses to say they all look the same statement has never been so relevant.

Excellent.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I forgot who said it but someone said they didn't like Sunny's hat in the OP. i changed it just for you <3

Fafnir said:
I like the Engrish version more than the Korean.

You can preview the rest of the album on Melon. I like 'Top Secret', 'Lazy Girl', and the Vita500 song lol

http://www.melon.com/cds/album/web/albumdetailmain_list.htm?albumId=2017426

Yeah I'm warming to the Engrish version too.

They all look so good as well ^_^

Especially Hyoyeon, of course, goes without saying.

ramyeon said:
"I know life is a mystery, I'm gonna make history" just makes me cringe every time.

THIS.

Sunny's bizarre baby/american accent doesn't help.

Fafnir

ramyeon said:
*Konglish. But their English is pretty good. The lyrics are just...

"I know life is a mystery, I'm gonna make history" just makes me cringe every time.

I'm not particularly fond of the "Tell all your friend's because we get it in" either lol

Peru

Song is undeniable. Album is all over the place like their previous KR albums, so I'll stick with the JP as representative of the year.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
fgfdgda8cl.gif

Every Taeyeon close-up makes it hard to breathe.

Niks

Peru said:
Song is undeniable. Album is all over the place like their previous KR albums, so I'll stick with the JP as representative of the year.

There's the boys and there's the rest. No other song in the album sounds remotely similar. It almost seems out of place...
Only the boys comes close to The Great Escape.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Niks said:
There's the boys and there's the rest. No other song in the album sounds remotely similar. It almost seems out of place...
Only the boys comes close to The Great Escape.
well shit.. :(

ramyeon

Pretty much expected considering their track record. Hell, they usually can't even manage to give the girls a whole mini album of good songs let alone a full length. Let down still though tbh, considering how hyped this was.

Secret's album is better quality all around than this - at least it's more coherent.

Peru

There are some good tracks on the album. Trick could've fit in on the JP one, Telepathy is catchy, Sunflower is a good ballad, Oscar is fairly typical Kenzie - but yes - it lacks stylistic coherency, opposite of the JP one in that regard. Predictable but also hard to understand why they keep doing that. As I said the western maxi-single will probably be better.

... and back to single.

Alta1r

Not bad. I need to listen to it a few more times to see if I actually like it. But damn, errbody looking ridiculously good in the MV.

What is the GG thing people keep referring to?

tumblr_lt9pe49dQK1qd704zo1_500.gif

tumblr_lt9qwqhczl1qd704zo2_250.gif

tumblr_lt9rttsPMc1qd704zo1_500.gif

Peru

e.via review via twitter: 'Soshi's new track is cool. The rapping is good but don't do it so fast - I have to make a living as well'

Deadly

I thin everything except the part that was in the teaser and the part that bridges to the ending is alright. But the teaser and other thing though is terrible still.

When I heard GG I was like LOL nerd reference? Then I realized it just stood for Girls Generation :lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Korean version: The chorus needs to not suck, the rest is good enough.

English version: TROLOLO FAIL.

Don't really like the choreo which emphasizes their lankiness from obscene dieting. Obviously because of this, short Sunny is the only one who survives. It's impossible for me to see them as fierce.

Peru

They've been fierce from the first single, cute was just a misguided misstep.

[[ 'My J' is indeed shit-.. whoever Hwang Sungje is needs to be fired.

ramyeon

Deadly said:
I think some of those other first songs should have been lead single instead.
From the album? No way... The Boys is easily the most solid track on there from what I've listened to so far.

Deadly

ramyeon said:
From the album? No way... The Boys is easily the most solid track on there from what I've listened to so far.
Actually only two of them. Telepathy and Trick. Telepathy sounds like a song straight out of DJ Max :lol

Igo

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
I can't believe this is the song that they're using to "launch" them worldwide. It's really dated.
It sounds like a mix between a Britney and Gwen song from 05.

Can anyone please tell me what song i'm hearing during the first 15 second or so? I've listened to it maybe 10 times now and can't figure it out. The part they sing before the 'bring the boys out' line(bridge?) is also familiar. This is going to drive me crazy every time i listen to this song now.

Fafnir

Top Secret will become Hyolovers favorite song, she has a solo/rap in it which ruins the song for me. *insert netizenVelma pic*

Peru

Tiffany's credited on the English version of The Boys, which explains the somewhat less refined lyrics than in the Korean one lol

Listened to Top Secret and Telepathy (or 'Telepassy', as it's pronounced)

Shit.

Japanese album was better than this.

Peru said:
Tiffany's credited on the English version of The Boys, which explains the somewhat less refined lyrics than in the Korean one lol

Explains a lot.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
R2hbT.jpg

"HMMMMMMM!"

*writes* I know life is.. iiiisssss..."
"hmmmm... uhhh... well, it's a mystery! ^_^"
*imagines tune and writes* I know life is a mystery... and my name is tiffany... "no, no..."
"ummm... I'm gonna make history! ^_^"
*continues writing*

Okay suddenly the song became adorable.

Raiku

Not a big fan of the song but it is growing on me as others have said. They all look stunning in the mv though.

Fafnir said:
I'm not particularly fond of the "Tell all your friend's because we get it in" either lol

I had to play it back a couple of times to make sure I heard it right.

Niks

Dice said:
R2hbT.jpg

"HMMMMMMM!"

*writes* I know life is.. iiiisssss..."
"hmmmm... uhhh... well, it's a mystery! ^_^"
*imagines tune and writes* I know life is a mystery... and my name is tiffany... "no, no..."
"ummm... I'm gonna make history! ^_^"
*continues writing*

Okay suddenly the song became adorable.

Ok, I laughed.
xK4UL.gif

Deadly

Telepathy and Trick are definitely the better songs of the album.

So who's going to do worst in the US: SNSD or Wonder Girls? :lol

Blablurn

not sure what to think about the album / and the song "the boys" so far...

but the korean version of mr taxi is not bad. but it was obviously very had to top that japanese album. it was sooo good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom