• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

Deadly said:
Telepathy and Trick are definitely the better songs of the album.

So who's going to do worst in the US: SNSD or Wonder Girls? :lol

A: Noooo.

B: They're not promoting in the US

Deadly said:

At the very least, SNSD have sex appeal.

Wonder Girls have...

hmmm...

dunno.

Deadly

Peru said:
A: Noooo.

B: They're not promoting in the US
Which would you say is better than cause the rest is pretty terrible IMO.

I know they're not promoting but they're releasing state side and whatever. Did Wonder Girls actually promote in US?

ok, so I listened to both, I already texted Yamato my feelings.

Korean version was good it totally shits all over the English version which I did not like at all.

The MV was really good, Sooyoung looked sooooooooo beautiful <3<3<3 and Sunny and Seohyun were both amazingly beautiful as well. Hyo was awesome but I seriously said "WTF" at everything she was wearing. It's as if they are purposely trying to sabotage her by dressing her in bizarre outfits while the other girls get the nice ones.

tl;dr: Korean version good, English Sucks, Sooyoung still the hottest.

lunlunqq

Dice said:
R2hbT.jpg

"HMMMMMMM!"

*writes* I know life is.. iiiisssss..."
"hmmmm... uhhh... well, it's a mystery! ^_^"
*imagines tune and writes* I know life is a mystery... and my name is tiffany... "no, no..."
"ummm... I'm gonna make history! ^_^"
*continues writing*

Okay suddenly the song became adorable.

ahhhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaa~~~~

tubster68

Bet you The Boys is inspired by Beyonce's Run the World, in that its the whole "Girl power" concept.

Deadly said:

SNSD has Soo Man, nuff said.

Fafnir

Gifing the MV, Taengoo killed it as usual. Sunny and Seohyun came in 2nd. Yoong and Sica are the same, they have a lot of solos but give the same look. Yuri kind of went missing, but still had her sexy parts. Hyo last, the pidgeon and crystal had more frames than her.

Taeyeon
iBG2MTPV30mG3.gif
iBoTDyU6XQiw0.gif

ibtsF5JlKmPaJv.gif
i6Sd7FXfjne2o.gif

Jessica
iFKSOTuTHXxhU.gif
ijyWfmGl9xqh3.gif

Sunny
iCLoDrrQAKm0o.gif
iBfwAE5wPcLRk.gif

Tiffany
ibofyFnVzvADO6.gif
iqVSdc5AA1gNl.gif

Hyoyeon
i6qnUzY6QgMGF.gif
irEz4IM3zzMoQ.gif

Yuri
iGvVYbdURuFeh.gif
ibehrX4IXrkN4C.gif

Sooyoung
ibjQNoRg73Rr0l.gif
izukoBqO3WGZc.gif

Yoona
iby59XInOMf3rK.gif
iyMP0hTYBfP6A.gif

Seohyun
iqhsb73ThLWhM.gif
iRpKQ6ONutfDv.gif

Imperial Taengoo and petals
icuQEx0AAqm7A.gif
ibsZ72zxR4jRYm.gif

ieP1Bs19sBHQ9.gif
iJkgG4J1vLDXr.gif

ibwClMlXE0aJu0.gif
ihKAyAqBv3E37.gif

Fafnir said:

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks she looks different?

Car accident my arse.

Fafnir said:

She looked great in other parts but I am not a fan of whatever they have done to her hair, she looks like a ladyboy.

Taeyeon looks awesome throughout.

SO DOES FIERCEBEAUTYHYO, OBVIOUSLY.

YOON looks like a hooker... seriously. I'm not just saying that because I rag on her all the time, she looks like a hooker from the 80's... and what the fuck is with that dress? MUST I call her GUINEVERE?

Jessica is just.... ridiculous. I don't know what they were thinking with the dove and the sad faces... how is that appropriate for this video in the slightest? She looks really nice otherwise.

Tiffany is all over the place. The pants Sunny is wearing make her look frumpy, but her hair is awesome.

Yuri, who should really be the main attraction (aside from FierceButGentleBeautyHyo) is just kind of THERE.

The MV is all over the place. They want to make them look mature and elegant but it REALLY isn't the song for that.

Zero colour in the MV besides Hyoyeon and Sunny and the set is cheap and overused.

Really dropped the ball, aside from the fact that the song sounds like a Janet Jackson b-side from 2001.

I like it and I sound like I'm being negative, but I think the criticisms are fair and I am always correct, contrary to what my and BeautifulFierceDancerHyo detractors might say.

DXPett1

Wow, mighty impressed by the Korean Ver. of The Boys. Pretty strong and powerful song plus very different to their usual beat/catchy sounds.

Glad I didn't put much emphasis on the teaser

LowerLevel

Umm WOW. Way better than I thought it would be. Seohyun sounding GREAT! I hope it all works out, industry could use a kick in the pants really...

Alta1r

Fafnir said:

I wouldn't want to be seen with my gf wearing something like this out in public, but hot damn Sica's killin it in this. My favorite parts of the MV involve this halfway Jasmine costume for some reason.

Phonomezer said:
YOON looks like a hooker... seriously. I'm not just saying that because I rag on her all the time, she looks like a hooker from the 80's... and what the fuck is with that dress? MUST I call her GUINEVERE?

Lol. 80s hooker? Did you see what your FierceCauseOfTheHyogreBlood is wearing? I present Exhibit A:

irEz4IM3zzMoQ.gif

And yes, you must call Yoong Guinevere cause she is a queen.

ikkemenx

Can't get over the lyrics in the eng ver...hahaha. I prefer the Korean version.

So the eng ver is going to be marketed in America? The song isn't bad but it might sound a bit outdated style-wise in North America. Nowadays it's all about the whistling and weird bouncy clown sounds (DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?!)

Narolf

Banned
Kyon said:
Instrumental is in the inferior itunes version. all 1.99 smh
Thanks, just ordered it at the moment.

English version doesn't sound bad at all to me, despite the cheesy lyrics--I actually dig it as a good alternative to the Korean, yet I get why English-native people find it really lame.

Alta1r

Dice said:
"HMMMMMMM!"

*imagines tune and writes* I know life is a mystery... and my name is tiffany... "no, no..."
*continues writing*

Hahaha, that rhyming with Tiffany got me.

tumblr_lt9y03aBCf1qd704zo1_500.gif

Quadratic

Is the Girls' Generation album going to be available on iTunes Canada? I only found the English single. I actually wanted to buy the Korean album :/

Kyon

Banned
^^^^^^^^they inked a deal with Interscope so yes WW release

Hyo was GODDESS tier so was Queen YoonA. Oh and Sunny's herr slayed the other gurls'.

Salazar

tumblr_lt9inbabyx1qe5yba73.gif

Pretty cool. I'm more excited for their performances than for the MV, really - considering Soshi MVs since Gee and Genie have been pretty stale.

Phono, you are high.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Can't wait to see SNSD defended over exactly the same thing for which they ripped Co-Ed apart.

vanty

Korean version sounded ok for the first couple minutes, then I just got really bored and could barely finish the song. English version is just hilariously bad.

Xilium

Just listened to both versions of the new SNSD song. Korean ver. was better simply on the grounds of my not being able to understand the lyrics. The overall song is decent but the chorus kinda blows. I think it's mid-tier as far as SNSD songs go.

Will listen to the other tracks on the album a little later.

tubster68 said:
Bet you The Boys is inspired by Beyonce's Run the World, in that its the whole "Girl power" concept.
The song sounds more like an "FU" to other groups than any sort of female empowerment concept.

Phonomezer said:
At the very least, SNSD have sex appeal.

Wonder Girls have...

hmmm...

dunno.
I think I have just as many WG songs in my favorites as I do SNSD songs. The English version of their songs usually aren't too bad either.

"So Hot" is probably closest in concept to "The Boys" and unless the latter grows on me over time, I think the former is a better song in both Korean and English.

Biscuits

Dice said:
R2hbT.jpg

"HMMMMMMM!"

*continues writing*

LOL

Niks said:
Yeah, I noticed too. It's not a big part of the song though so w/e.

Kyon

Banned
Plz dont try it, when Gaga's entire career is an exact copy of Madonna and 200 other artists. i dont think anyone in their rght mind would copy something she already copied from someone else

Kyon said:
Plz dont try it, when Gaga's entire career is an exact copy of Madonna and 200 other artists. i dont think anyone in their rght mind would copy something she already copied from someone else

Happens all the time in POP music

Xilium

DXPett1 said:
Big fat meh. I bet you could find a similar sounding song for just about any song...
That was most people's reaction.

Kyon said:
That can be said about nearly every modern day artist.

Chesskid1

Banned
wow this is surreal listening to SNSD in english for me.

AM I IN SOME PARALLEL UNIVERSE? WHAT IS GOING ON??

(sorry, never heard them in english before)

omg, watching them do an english interview. the hell is going on!!

why can i understand what they are saying

so strange, so very strange.

everything i thought i knew, is now wrong.

tears are coming. maybe i can just understand korean now?

i don't even ;_;

can't believe it

i miss cute sunny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom