• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

tumblr_lt9s26urwi1r4lodkoq.gif
tumblr_lt9s26urwi1r4loo8d6.gif
tumblr_lt9s26urwi1r4loej53.gif

tumblr_lt9s26urwi1r4lodjrn.gif
tumblr_lt9s26urwi1r4lon8cq.gif
tumblr_lt9s26urwi1r4lohjjc.gif

tumblr_lt9s26urwi1r4logjzp.gif
tumblr_lt9s26urwi1r4lon8p8.gif
tumblr_lt9s26urwi1r4lot8ie.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
DXPett1 said:
Explain; I tend to (thankfully) miss this kind of bullshit.
Well when Co-Ed's 삐리뽐 빼리뽐 came out, many people claimed plagiarism, despite it being a different tempo, rhythm, key, melody, and a 5 (rather than 3) chord progression. They really went off on Co-Ed all over the internet. Now this connection with SNSD is much closer, but I'm guessing the SNSD defense force will be in full effect. I get why, but I'll never understand how Co-Ed managed to garner so much hate before they became anywhere near relevant to the scene.

Telepathy is really great. If they had promoted this, I would have been positive about SNSD's comeback.

Kyon

Banned
CaptYamato said:
Happens all the time in POP music

yeah but there is a difference between inspiration and making it your own( Madonna, Michael, Britney, Janet, Mariah etc) and "Inspiration" as in plagiarizing from other artists mostly from the past and making your deluded stans believe you were the one that made it up (Beyonce, Gaga, Katy etc)

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
if u guys are real sones,u would NEVER EVER EVER EVER bash an SNSD video,n who ever said they are a die hear sone but dont like the song,are not sones,n y are u all disapointed in them y not SM y not Teddy Ryley,n plus they worked really hard they almost get no sleep, so stop complaing n plus u think u can beat this song in UR dreams,if u did it would get any views,so ENJOY the song

Kyon

Banned
Aruarian Reflection said:
if u guys are real sones,u would NEVER EVER EVER EVER bash an SNSD video,n who ever said they are a die hear sone but dont like the song,are not sones,n y are u all disapointed in them y not SM y not Teddy Ryley,n plus they worked really hard they almost get no sleep, so stop complaing n plus u think u can beat this song in UR dreams,if u did it would get any views,so ENJOY the song

standard delusional stan dribble. the whole "GASP! THEY DONT LIKE IT SO THAT MEANS THEY ARENT REAL FANS" excuse is so pathetic you deluded fans really need something new to call fans who tell it like it is

Fans should always be the most critical.

Biscuits

sKwC6.gif

Also wtf:
zTPvx.gif

ZtLKs.gif

Dice

Okay so Genie is obviously the greatest that SNSD has or ever will do, but I'm trying to decide if Telepathy or The Great Escape is the 2nd best... hmmmmmm...

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
The Great Escape >

Sorry. (btw, barely listening to Telepathy right now)

Also would like to point out that "The Boys" song is a fuckin banger. Hellllllll yeah.
I like 5dolls but I can't play that shit in my car.

Dice

After comparing them a few times, it's definitely Telepathy > The Great Escape.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Dice said:
Fine.

Shanghai Romance > The Great Escape
Maybe.

But I really really really like The Great Escape

:-/

But I really really really like Orange Caramel...

hmm

vanty

You-aholic > Great Escape anyway. Both are clearly better than anything else they've ever done.

Tence said:
Looks like Gackt. What happened to Sunny :(
Looks more like Heartbreaker-era G-Dragon to me. But a lot of female idols who get short haircuts look like GD ahah.

ramyeon

Dice said:
Well when Co-Ed's 삐리뽐 빼리뽐 came out, many people claimed plagiarism, despite it being a different tempo, rhythm, key, melody, and a 5 (rather than 3) chord progression. They really went off on Co-Ed all over the internet. Now this connection with SNSD is much closer, but I'm guessing the SNSD defense force will be in full effect. I get why, but I'll never understand how Co-Ed managed to garner so much hate before they became anywhere near relevant to the scene.

Telepathy is really great. If they had promoted this, I would have been positive about SNSD's comeback.
SNSD is maybe the intro. Honestly the intro reminds me more of a Super Junior intro which I can't recall the name of because I don't like them.

삐리뽐 빼리뽐 was like... the whole song. I like Co-Ed, but EVERY time I hear that song I start thinking of the Lady Gaga song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGsv76iV1p8 for a comparison.

Telepathy is okay. It sounds like a lot of other coupling songs they've put out. It's got a really generic progression, wouldn't do well as a single at all.
Oh wow, this is a troll post right? Looks copied right off of YouTube comments :lol

Dice

Niks said:
What are you guys talking about, The Great Escape is equal or even better than The Boys.
Truth.
This makes it seem like you enjoy The Boys.

vanty said:
You-aholic > Great Escape anyway. Both are clearly better than anything else they've ever done.
I don't really ever get into You-aholic. I don't get into The Great Escape until the chorus, but I'm into Telepathy every second from the 7ths before they first say "oh telepathy do" and the chorus is pure joy.

ramyeon said:
삐리뽐 빼리뽐 was like... the whole song. I like Co-Ed, but EVERY time I hear that song I start thinking of the Lady Gaga song.
Meh, I never got it. Maybe your memories aren't very accurate or something because I heard about it then I tried to listen to one while imaging the other and it was always a stretch. I had to morph one to the other to make it line up at all. So then I actually sat down to play them both and look at the music structure and they were significantly different in every musical parameter. Sorry if you feel offense from me saying this, but after the analysis I did, I know that it's definitely just in a person's head when they say this.

ramyeon

Dice said:
Meh, I never got it. Maybe your memories aren't very accurate or something because I heard about it then I tried to listen to one while imaging the other and it was always a stretch. I had to morph one to the other to make it line up at all. So then I actually sat down to play them both and look at the music structure and they were significantly different in every musical parameter. Sorry if you feel offense from me saying this, but after the analysis I did, I know that it's definitely just in a person's head when they say this.
Haha I'm not offended, your post makes me laugh. I posted a video which shows how similar the songs and progression are. My memory is great, and I'm a fan of both Lady Gaga and Co-Ed so I've listened to both songs plenty of times. I'm not going to argue this, because all you're going to say is that you've "analysed" the "parameters" of the songs and I must be delusional. But there was a definite strong similarity - much more than I'm hearing from the intro to this new SNSD song.

Niks

Dice said:
This makes it seem like you enjoy The Boys.

Meh, it certainly grows on you.. so I guess it does its job.
The dance moves should be killer on live performances.

But you are right, I like the great escape better.

Biscuits

ramyeon said:
Haha I'm not offended, your post makes me laugh. I posted a video which shows how similar the songs and progression are. My memory is great, and I'm a fan of both Lady Gaga and Co-Ed so I've listened to both songs plenty of times. I'm not going to argue this, because all you're going to say is that you've "analysed" the "parameters" of the songs and I must be delusional. But there was a definite strong similarity - much more than I'm hearing from the intro to this new SNSD song.
This is the first time I'm listening to the Co-Ed song and I gotta admit, even if the chords aren't close they both do have very similar 16 note staccato motifs.

Either way, this is pop, so whatever.

Kyon

Banned
i love when Hyo does the "all da boys all da boys want my heart" its a cheesy lyric but it made me think of Pho LMAO

Alta1r

DXPett1 said:
Big fat meh. I bet you could find a similar sounding song for just about any song...

Basically: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I It's pop music. Comes with the territory.

ramyeon said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGsv76iV1p8 for a comparison.

This mashup/one track laid over the other is pretty catchy. I like it better than either of the two songs by themselves. Go figure. And I agree, they do sound similar enough to make you start drawing comparisons.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Biscuits said:
Yoona's line came out really well too, I was surprised lol.

I like when Sooyoung says "We're born to win, better tell all your friends, cause we get it in" at 2:33 of the ENG mv

It's a dumb line but she looks badass.

Dice

ramyeon said:
I'm not going to argue this, because all you're going to say is that you've "analysed" the "parameters" of the songs and I must be delusional.
No, I could go into the details I found rather than just be a vague jackass, but it seems neither of us have enough fucks to give about the issue, lol. Even if CCM did copy Gaga, I wouldn't care. Gaga pulled heavily from Madonna as well as the euro club music Madonna likes to pull from. Anyone aware of the scene knows significant innovation is an extremely rare thing.

Edit: That JD Relic is the coolest I have heard on the issue. He had to speed up, change pitch, and chop up Telephone, but when they are lined up they make a nice harmony to each other. I think this highlights the differences more than anything, but whatever. I found the Ke$ha/Katy Perry/Miley Cyrus mashup far more interesting.

Alta1r

Lol, this is awesome. I'm kind of tempted to browse some SSF threads for nuggets like this. Phono, where you at?

Yoona borrowing some of Hyogre's clothes:
tumblr_ltac4sM6rc1qd704zo1_500.jpg

ramyeon

orangecaramel said:
I like when Sooyoung says "We're born to win, better tell all your friends, cause we get it in" at 2:33 of the ENG mv

It's a dumb line but she looks badass.
Pretty much this part but in the Korean version is awesome as well. In fact I think it's the same thing haha.

And Tiffany's first "Yeah, we bring the boys out" :D

The song's grown on me heaps since last night.

Alta1r

Biscuits said:
OH GOD THAT'S HORRIBLE

Amen brotha. Quite turrible. All they had to do was cut the picture off somewhere before it got to the pants split and errbody would have thought she's wearing a sexy dress.

Kyon said:
Alta1r when will you change your Pic to YoonA? >_< im waiting

Haha, as tempting as that is, probably never. My love for Yoona is superseded only by my man crush on Altair.

tumblr_ltaczjCXsT1qd704zo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lt9y03aBCf1qd704zo1_500.gif

Alta1r

orangecaramel said:
I find that very hard to believe.

Lol. Fine. And Ezio. And Kobe. And sometimes Akuma.

The more I listen to The Boys the catchier it's getting. Also happens to be in the top six on YouTube's most watched today. Twice, both English and Korean versions make an appearance.

ok back from job interviews, listened to the song more and im hooked lol i keep listening to it even if its not that good =\

i havent heard the rest of the album, gonna listen to it now. Seems like telepathy is one of the better songs and My J is utter rubbish

lol @ the english version, i just listened to it.. sooooo damn cheesy

Edgeward

Seohyun says her lines in english far better than I expected her to and I think the best outside of Sica and Tiffany of course.

I'm indifferent to both versions, I just don't really dig the beat in general. But at least Sica looks damn amazing in the MV. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom