• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Dice said:
Something fishy is going on. Since when is she taller?

Now Taengoo is going to have to get even bigger inserts.

Og1wO.jpg

M92wd.gif

Peru

The apple hair makes her grow.

tumblr_luhyk4ViEq1qz9xe6.jpg

Producer Cho: Monitoring Jieuni's original composition...!!! Totally daebak!! ...Minsoo, you should watch out...

Lee Minsoo: Jieuni is finally picking up her own chopsticks after all the rice we fed her^^ Did Jieun save a country in her previous life?

And thank god:

Producer Cho: Ah...also, IU's album concept this time isn't exactly 'fresh and lively'...

[*Note: He's referring to news articles about IU's comeback concept, which said so]

Salazar

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/11/cube-entertainment-to-release-united-cube-album-in-australia

Cube Entertainment has just informed allkpop that a ‘United Cube’ album will be released in Australia!

This international version of the album will be sold in various record stores across six major cities, starting on November 11th.

Although the album has been available for download on iTunes Australia, Cube has decided to offer Australian fans an easier way to get their hands on a physical copy of the album.

‘United Cube’ album contains a compilation of 17 hit tracks from 4minute, B2ST, and G.NA, such as “Hot Issue”, “Muzik”, “Mirror Mirror”, “Shock”, “Breath”, “Fiction”, “Black and White”, “Top Girl”, “Change”, “Bubble Pop”, and more. ‘UCube’s “Fly So High’, which is currently not available for download on iTunes, will also be included.

A representative of Universal Music Australia stated, “In Australia, the level of affection and interest in K-Pop has spread beyond the Asian community and is rapidly spreading among Australian residents. Various media outlets are currently carefully monitoring this new movement… With the strategic partnership between Universal Music and Cube Entertainment, we are very happy to be able to provide the album of the charismatic Cube artists for the first time in the history of Korean-Australian music business.”

In addition, the record shop within the famous World Square in Sydney, will be opening a section in the store specially dedicated to K-Pop.

With Australia as its start, Cube Entertainment plans to release the album in other parts of the world like South America and Europe.

Bolded the interesting bit.

ramyeon

wing_zero8556 said:
lol im not hating on WG or anything but i couldnt tell if sohees eyes were open or not... (im asian too so im not making a racist joke) must have been the lashes or something
It's the eyeliner ;)

And for anyone that thinks Allkpop is bad just go read Seoulbeats. Cringe worthy. Especially the podcasts :/

Peru

ramyeon said:
It's the eyeliner ;)

And for anyone that thinks Allkpop is bad just go read Seoulbeats. Cringe worthy. Especially the podcasts :/

Heh.. on one hand it's good and sympathetic that some k-pop fans have decided to write 'critically' about k-pop and not take k-pop PR as the voice of god, but on the other hand... the writing is so terrible.

Fafnir

Invincible Youth 2 tonight, get hype!

0yNg7.gif
59sIB.gif

Radio Star gifs.
X0OcN.gif
LjO1S.gif

OsQcU.gif
U6Fq8.gif

Taengoo queen of reactions. RS PD loved her, she got so many solo shots.
26oOE.gif
0kIXZ.gif

UJo1J.gif
U6Yt0.gif

Taengoo correcting the Elder.
EJx7y.gif

Alta1r

Biscuits said:
They really sexed themselves up for this one. Not that I'm complaining.

Looks like the set from Hyuna's "Change." Odds the MV gets taken off air?

wing_zero8556 said:
i cant sleep.. flights at 7am and its 4:30am D: too excited for kpop maybe..

You going to the Soshi concert in Australia?

tumblr_luhpm9pBde1qd704zo1_500.jpg

Alta1r said:
Looks like the set from Hyuna's "Change." Odds the MV gets taken off air?

You going to the Soshi concert in Australia?

Its a jap MV, generally the japs are more relaxed with stuff like that than koreans. Eg rainbow bought back the lift-up-the-top dance in A.

Yes i am.. wish it was just soshi concert, but theres a whole heap of other people there like tvxq, shinee, beast, sister, miss a (suzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

Ranvier said:
That description makes them sound pretty Asian. "golden skinned, intelligent, arcane arts"....if Big Trouble In Little China has taught me anything, it's that Asians are all three of those things.
I love that movie.

Well there are only a few fancy Hotels in SF. T-ara is big enough that they fly first class and stay in nice hotels right? If so, I'm betting that they are either staying at the W, or the Marriott. I hope it isn't the W, XYZ lounge which is inside the hotel (get it, W is the hotel XYZ is the lounge downstairs...clever girl) is full of cougars and prostitutes and a drink is 16 dollars. If you are in your 20s with low standards you can do quite well there but you'll feel oh so dirty afterwards. I have a love hate relationship with the place.

Oh I know that place. Eraldo is going to laugh when he sees this.

Ashhong

(._.) said:
http://static.tokyohive.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/20111028_4minute_readygo_shokaiB.jpg[IMG]

NEW 4MINUTE VIDEO OUT OMFG!!! [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YNPdouCeVkY[/url][/QUOTE]

I love 4minute, but I cant help myself from merely waiting for Hyuna to reappear on the screen. NEED MORE SOLO HYUNA

Alta1r

Ashhong said:
The intro that is before "Be My Baby", is that on their album???

Also, damn that performance is boring.

But they did the skip and clap in a circle move!

tumblr_luie19BdHQ1qd704zo4_250.jpg

Some freaky looking arm there.

Edgeward

Salazar

Edgeward said:
Oh man, I should totally go to this. Although I really only care about T-ara.

Kang Min Kyung is

a) gorgeous
b) amazingly gifted
c) awesome

GCyk8.jpg

Haeri, too.

LyoJ1.gif

Another microphone ? Uh, thank you.

Edgeward

Oh I don't doubt Davichi's talent, I heard their stuff and how great their voices are. It's just not my thing but I guess I'll give it another listen sometime.

Fuck it, I'm getting a ticket before I regret it later.

Salazar

Oh no. They went full retard. No bolding because it's all gold.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/11/taiwanese-girl-group-super-7-accuse-snsd-of-being-plastic

Cbzzx.jpg

Super 7, the girl group unofficially labeled the Taiwanese version of SNSD have bluntly accused the SNSD ladies of being ‘plastic’.

The Taiwanese media conducted an interview with Super 7 that was released through a recent issue of a weekly magazine.

The ladies who were previously criticized for poorly imitating SNSD in their MV remarked, “At first we were so offended so we cried a lot but we now understand why the MV might have upset the fans. We also feel that criticism is another form of interest, and are able to better deal with negative comments.”

They continued, “There are a few SNSD members that can sing and dance well, but the rest of the members have no special appeals. The SNSD girls have all undergone plastic surgery, but we are natural beauties and their bodies can’t even compare to ours.”

They then quickly changed their attitude by saying, “We’re not saying that we will ever be able to be better than SNSD, but we will view them as our role models.”

Flabbergasted Korean fans who heard their comments remarked, “They should probably learn to be more humble“, “They’re not natural beauties, but rather natural, ordinary citizens“, and “Just please quit copying their stuff“.

The concept behind Super 7 is that their average age is only 22, and that they all have ‘C’ cup chest sizes.

1wse8.gif

Salazar

Quadratic said:
Can someone point me to where I can watch a steam for Invincible Youth 2? And what time in Korea does it begin? Thanks.

Airing Date : 11/12/2011 Saturday 11:05PM KST KBS2TV, apparently. I'm afraid I dunno about the stream situation.

EkMwL.jpg
H6171.jpg

MWtm8.jpg
CIbXJ.jpg

Alta1r

Quadratic

Looking around online Salazar, I found that Soshified's stream channels will be showing IY2. I'm looking forward to Sunny falling face first into mud :) I also curious to see Amber's variety show skills.

Salazar

Quadratic said:
Looking around online Salazar, I found that Soshified's stream channels will be showing IY2. I'm looking forward to Sunny falling face first into mud :) I also curious to see Amber's variety show skills.

Nza5q.gif
XIAVy.gif

I'm going to distract myself with Skyrim, check out gifs, and hold on for the subbed ep.

ramyeon

As expected Ulala wins Superstar K 3, but Busker Busker were AMAZING imo. I really like the song that was written for them, 서울 사람들. Can't wait for both groups to release albums and 투개월 as well at that.

rodzee

just greeted snsd and secret at syndey airport. MY GOD THEIR SO MUCH BETTER IN REAL LIFE.

off to music fest now...will post pics and videos when i get back to compensate for my lack of contribution in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom