• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

AlphaDragoon said:
ROFL. Every single one of the girls from Soshi destroys them.

The whole thing is kind of

ZWhc8.gif

Confident Gary

SC7AO.gif

Q52jl.gif

Alta1r

rodzee said:
just greeted snsd and secret at syndey airport. MY GOD THEIR SO MUCH BETTER IN REAL LIFE.

off to music fest now...will post pics and videos when i get back to compensate for my lack of contribution in this thread.

You lucky bastard...

47XvX.gif

Peru

After School‘s Lizzy proved that her claims of friendship with Yoo Jae Suk weren’t just hot air. The idol called the ‘Nation’s MC’ during a broadcast of MBC Every1‘s ‘Weekly Idol‘ to chat with her senior.

The opportunity arose during the program’s ‘Rewriting Your Profile’ corner, where the guest’s claims are scrutinized for any misinformation. Lizzy, who’s claimed a close relationship with Yoo Jae Suk in the past, took the chance to prove her truthfulness by calling him up directly.

When he picked up the phone, Lizzy couldn’t hide her relief, saying, “Thanks for picking up. I was so nervous that you wouldn’t.”

“Of course I have to answer if I can,” Yoo Jae Suk replied, proving her claims were true.

Lizzy ended the call on a high note by saying, “I’m going to be an MC just like you!”

Pretty sure she will be.

Sealda

Banned
A question: Did they appear much more petite in real life ? ( i mean skinnier, smaller bones, etc.). Usually, tv etc. can completely change the measurements of people, both height and weight.

HYOYEON IS SO SUPER ATTRACTIVE IN REAL LIFE EVEN MORESO THAN IN PHOTOS AND MUSIC VIDEOS EVERYONE CHEERED FOR HER SOLO PARTS ESPECIALLY DURING THE BOYS EVERYONE LOVES HYOYEON

Salazar said:
I believe, Phono.

Sounds like it was good.

It was quite good. Soshi were a little disappointing as they only did The Boys, Kissing You and Gee. It was strange seeing Hyuna being slutty IRL :lol

I really enjoyed the KARA performance, flawless. Oh and Gyuri's thighs were glistening with sweat. Can't really stomach the boy bands but Beast were okay.

There was a cover of Can't Get You Out Of My Head by Kylie and a cover of Beyonce's Halo (which was just so OTT and ridiculous, haha).

4 Minute and Miss A seemed to be around a lot. CNBLUE are pretty good live too.

Worst crowd ever though, everyone decided to stand on their seats, so half the time I was looking at arses. Didn't mind as we spent a few hours at the pub beforehand :D

No pics or vids, didnt take my camera, sorry Ranvier :(

Oh and I don't know if I mentioned it but HYOYEON IS SO SUPER ATTRACTIVE IN REAL LIFE EVEN MORESO THAN IN PHOTOS AND MUSIC VIDEOS EVERYONE CHEERED FOR HER SOLO PARTS ESPECIALLY DURING THE BOYS EVERYONE LOVES HYOYEON

It was quite bizarre seeing SNSD in front of me. They're all quite small, Seohyun and SooYoung are absolutely stunning.

Oh and the fireworks scared Sunny :lol

What was amusing is how the stage was set up, acts that ended at the end of the runway actually had to walk through a path in the middle of the crowd to get backstage. Obviously everyone rushed SNSD and the girls had to run so they weren't cut off from the backstage entrance. Security had a fit, lol.

Alta1r

Phonomezer said:

What was amusing is how the stage was set up, acts that ended at the end of the runway actually had to walk through a path in the middle of the crowd to get backstage. Obviously everyone rushed SNSD and the girls had to run so they weren't cut off from the backstage entrance. Security had a fit, lol.

Lol, I want to see this. I'm sure we'll get a fancam of it within the next 24 hours.

And, damn. I am jelly. How close were you to the stage?

Inkblot

Anyone else see Jessica shouting at a roadie? Looked like a mic issue or something? After the first song, before the hellos

Also I concur that Hyoyeon looked good

Peru said:
Performing Kissing You as 1 of 3 is wtf.

What about the Shinee/SNSD thing?

The dance battle? Lasted about 2 minutes. Literally.

Alta1r said:
Lol, I want to see this. I'm sure we'll get a fancam of it within the next 24 hours.

And, damn. I am jelly. How close were you to the stage?

There were only two rows in front of me before the break between seating and standing. The path the performers had the walk through was like two arm lengths away from me, so I got a good look.

Tiffany and Yuri MC'ed the event. I didn't really think it was necessary, but it was nice to see them a lot.

For the record YOON is very pretty in person. No BeautifulHyo, but then who is.

rodzee

Phonomezer said:

because of this i was able to get a hi5 from sunny, taeyeon, yoona and seohyun AHDSKFHKASFHKJAFHAHSKLFHAASFHASLASFHLAS

DXPett1

Rad concert. Try to keep my points brief

• As I was in VIP standing the first time they switched stages was a great surprise. Announcer introduces next artist... looking around thinking where the hell are they and then BAM right behind us.
  • SNSD look amazing in real life.
  • Hyo is definitely better in the flesh.
  • Sunny seemed to be the only one giving a bit of fan service (her new haircut (wig?) suits her. Not Ambro at all)
  • Roses given out during Kissing You was great
  • The Boys came off really well live, singing along to the English Lyrics was the first major dominate chants of the night
  • Hyuna of 4minute seemed like a real bitch (purely going of facial expression though I could of swore she was giving the evil eye and a few words to someone from MissA or Secret at the end). Honestly felt bad for her, no one seemed to be into them (I marked out for 'Hot Issue')
  • Both SHINee and BEAST are further up my lists. Both were quite powerful in this display of vocals and dance moves
  • Never much paid attention to MBLAQ but they changed that tonight.
  • Definately preferred VIP Standing though going half a day without any liquid was balls
  • Got eye fucked by a few in Sistar and MissA. Pretty sure didn't get noticed by SNSD despite wearing Soshi Tee and rocking someone elses Foam Heart+Light Stick) :(
  • SNSD are quite small in comparison to the rest of the girl groups on show. Sistar look like giants (smexy giants)

Phonomezer said:
Soshi were a little disappointing as they only did The Boys, Kissing You and Gee.

I concur; was honestly expecting Tell Me Your Wish (Genie) and hoping (but know it aint going to happen) for ANYTHING of the Japanese album

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Kpop taking backseat to Skyrim for a while. That said, Skyrim taking a back seat to studying Korean till this afternoon.

Peru

First ep of IY2 was ok- disappointed they didn't focus much on getting homey at their new place, though, just trotting around to do things for the villagers. Hopefully we get a campfire heart-to-heart talk session soon.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Peru said:
and they're officially ON THE dating MARKET.
I'll have to make sure to hit on them if they come to Chicago again. Sunye seems like the best for starting a family.

ramyeon

Phonomezer said:
Yeah Sunny is scared of loud noises because she was living in Kuwait during the Gulf War. The other members will cover her ears for her a lot of the time.

Glad you guys enjoyed the concert!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom