• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzim

Banned
vas_a_morir said:
Well, I think Japanese people could understand them pretty easily. As a foreigner who lived there for a while, it was a little tougher for me to make out what they were saying. As far as I could tell, Tiffany was the most egregious offender. But, once again, I'm American, so any attempt at explaining this further would be an obvious and disingenuous attempt at trying to create the pretense that I am more advanced in the language than I actually am. At least I'm honest about it. lol
I think the biggest problem is the fact that the translated parts were made up to sound good in Korean instead of Japanese. Changing the language and keeping the song sounding right is hard.

Wazzim said:
I think the biggest problem is the fact that the translated parts were made up to sound good in Korean instead of Japanese. Changing the language and keeping the song sounding right is hard.

Oh yeah. Let me preface this by saying that I don't want to pretend I understood everything they said, because I didn't. :)

Japanese is not very efficient with syllables, but you can get around it by either dropping significant parts of the sentence like the subject, or you can even add little things at the end like "Janai" (isn't it?) or even shorten that to "Jan" (in addition to unnecessary add-on syllables that express usually well established emotions or degrees of certainty. The bad thing is that things are so ambiguous that nothing of value is said.

The problem with this song is that it is accusatory, so they aren't certain about anything they are accusing the unfaithful dude of. So, as a theme, they say "Janai" at the end of every other line. The problem is that it takes up half the line! So, it's hard to explain how little they have room to say properly. And, as I said before, they stay ambiguous so the super fans don't feel disenfranchised by the thought of Yoona having sex with her boyfriend. lol

Peru

Always liked the Korean lyrics to this song, one of the few I've memorized from start to finish. They're pretty ruthless, and I particularly liked the line "Half of the world are men, it doesn't matter if you're gone". Hopefully that was kept for the Japanese version.

Victoria from Fx filming a commercial:

BZOlQ.jpg
aRziO.jpg

DXPett1

Fafnir said:
RDR JP gifs. Taeyeon had the most focus with her long and short hair. Hyoyeon had the least.

<snip>

Cheers for the GIFs :)

Definately prefer Japanese RDR atm over the Korean one. Helps that is fresh and new but to me the vocals have a slight edge in their sounding. I was a little bummed Jessica didn't get to emphasize her final line like she did in the Music Station performance. Really finishes it off nicely.

Going to have to GIF Taeyeon's snap now :)

Even though I am a Taeyeon man first and foremost Yuri looks smoooooooooking in that black jacket and purple/silver top. Quite striking with the almond(y) hair color

Ashhong

DXPett1 said:
Cheers for the GIFs :)

Definately prefer Japanese RDR atm over the Korean one. Helps that is fresh and new but to me the vocals have a slight edge in their sounding. I was a little bummed Jessica didn't get to emphasize her final line like she did in the Music Station performance. Really finishes it off nicely.

Going to have to GIF Taeyeon's snap now :)

Even though I am a Taeyeon man first and foremost Yuri looks smoooooooooking in that black jacket and purple/silver top. Quite striking with the almond(y) hair color

Didn't know what you were talking about regarding Jessica so I tried to look it up. You mean her "Go!" in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbHAKFe6Xio

DXPett1

Ashhong said:
Didn't know what you were talking about regarding Jessica so I tried to look it up. You mean her "Go!" in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbHAKFe6Xio

Don't know if she says "Go" (sounds like "Ko!" ) but the line translates to "You should beg for forgiveness, right?"

Its nothing much but she seems to put a bit of 'umph' behind it in the MS performance where as in the MV its in the same tone as the rest of the line

I don't know if these are the same girls, but I figured you guys might know even if they aren't.

In this gif:
koreanjiggle.gif

Who is the girl in the far left with that extra bit of jiggle when she stops moving?

Sealda

Banned
Master Milk said:
I don't know if these are the same girls, but I figured you guys might know even if they aren't.

In this gif:
koreanjiggle.gif

Who is the girl in the far left with that extra bit of jiggle when she stops moving?

Narsha is just my guess. That performance should be on youtube. By the way, whoever the girl to the far right, she just looks unsexy with her movements and her belly is a bit meeeeh, makes me guess its Jea but possibly Miryo.

Ashhong

Sealda said:
Narsha is just my guess. That performance should be on youtube. By the way, whoever the girl to the far right, she just looks unsexy with her movements and her belly is a bit meeeeh, makes me guess its Jea but possibly Miryo.

How dare you guess Jea.

So I jsut found out G.NA has natural D cups. Must be that Canadian water or something.

Sealda said:
. . . . .

broadwayrock said:
Its a backup dancer.

In that section of the song Ga-in dances with the backup dancers, while the other members stand on the side.
That's too bad.

Oh well, thanks guys.

Ashhong

Heres the vid in case you didnt have it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkW_jh-LX-Y

That dance is jsut as sexual as 4minute - Mirror Mirror...people need to stop complaining

ramyeon

Ashhong said:
How dare you guess Jea.

So I jsut found out G.NA has natural D cups. Must be that Canadian water or something.
Keep in mind that a Korean D cup is probably equivalent to a C cup here. They have a different system :lol Her body is amazing though -- or as they say in Korea "glamorous~" ;)

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
syoaran said:
Borderline fan service.

Not listened to a lot of Brown Eyed Girl's, but the live performance was pretty bad (vocally), poor recording or do they just suck live?

They probably suck live. I haven't watched any live performances but yea.. their 3rd album, Sound G., is great. I haven't listened to any other stuff from them though.

ramyeon

orangecaramel said:
They probably suck live. I haven't watched any live performances but yea.. their 3rd album, Sound G., is great. I haven't listened to any other stuff from them though.
BEG were a group known for their vocals actually, but that was before Sound G and Abracadabra. Most people don't even seem to know they existed for years before that. I really love their first few albums - they definitely have a bit of an rnb feel to them.

Ashhong

ramyeon said:
Keep in mind that a Korean D cup is probably equivalent to a C cup here. They have a different system :lol Her body is amazing though -- or as they say in Korea "glamorous~" ;)

Honestly I was thinking that D cup was too big. Knowing she is really a C cup is great
3AQmK.gif

Though those pictures make me think its D lol.

Fafnir

louis89 said:
Does anyone have a link to a video of this btw?

I went searching for this before and got sidetracked, but I found it today. The show is called KBS2 Vitamin. It's not subbed and overall pretty dull. The only way to watch it is to download it from the Soshified Video Downloads section. I gifed the Taengoo parts.

ceYT7.gif
eoOXs.gif

mLGgU.gif
PW1Is.gif

BLcF0.gif
pMp0H.gif

UVNXe.gif
YLKQF.gif

yjHDd.gif
vWdPO.gif

gD9RO.gif
E6YpH.gif
6Qkpe.gif

Xilium

syoaran said:
Borderline fan service.

Not listened to a lot of Brown Eyed Girl's, but the live performance was pretty bad (vocally), poor recording or do they just suck live?
Going by the youtube videos I've seen, I think their live performances are very hit or miss for their more recent songs (Sign and Abracadabra). Some are really good, others are really bad. Their older stuff seems to be mostly decent.

ramyeon said:
BEG were a group known for their vocals actually, but that was before Sound G and Abracadabra. Most people don't even seem to know they existed for years before that. I really love their first few albums - they definitely have a bit of an rnb feel to them.
I'm late to the k-pop train but so far BEG has the largest quantity of songs I like, primarily from their older records. I really like their more R&B style.

Conceptor

Fafnir said:
Sunny and Yoona's RM preview. Looks like they are going to be the chasers. The return of Yoorus Willis! Yoo Jae Suk getting chased is way more entertaining.

Sparta Kook is defenseless against these two.

wvBoS.gif
I agreeee. Yoo Jae Suk is so awesome. I don't expect Sunny to disappoint us :D

tumblr_ljgxfz5Dwa1qag751o1_500.jpg

I'm gonna miss all your avatars ;_; and my RDR Taeyeon ;_;

broadwayrock said:
Oh G.NA Canada
One of my friends contemplated flying out West to Vancouver for those Cube auditions earlier this year but she ended up deciding not to haha - all for the best anyway, it took place during the middle of a semester for us.

ramyeon said:
Seriously been stanning Rainbow recently so I thought a Jisook avatar was more appropriate :)
Her resemblance to Taeyeon is so freakin' uncanny
that's Jisook
tumblr_ljgu86IWdV1qa3xejo1_500.gif

Subitai

Trust me, Pony gaf is suffering more than you guys if it makes you feel better.

Just my opinion, but I liked the soshi look more in the korean version of RDR. Everyone looks worse to me except Yuri. Well Sooyoung too, but she never looks bad.

In any case, it is good to see everyone else is taken with Taeyeon new short hair.

Subitai

Ashhong said:
Pony gaf was just a meme/phase though. This is our way of life!
Well, what would really cramp things would be the loss of posting images. I'm just glad we still have that.

Also, I for one am looking forward to all of your new avatars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom