• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealda

Banned
I think Goo Hara is beautiful and her face is very super model-ish. However, her body is like overly petite even for a K-pop artist.

Ashhong

I still remember the Invincible Youth episode where they measured her hips to be smaller than this guys thigh. Granted he was a cyclist and had super thighs...but still. Thats ridiculous

Ashhong

VJKAa.gif

Cant stop watching
KuGsj.gif

Fqc8m.jpg

Orange Caramel doing something special for their fans :D

Sealda

Banned
Lets get some man love in here (for equality)

cyw3.jpg

tumblr_lj3j2cFRAp1qc1nx1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lj3kxva2WM1qcj65po1_500.jpg

tumblr_lj3cx01O6m1qe8nebo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lj2tr9SrQ21qc2mjh.jpg

I find Chan unintentionally funny often times. Always having that look on his face too...

Look how serious Chan draw his brain compared to the others

chansungeng.jpg

wooyoungeng.jpg

taeceng.jpg

khuneng.jpg

junhoeng.jpg

junsueng.jpg

looool

1300636473084c.jpg

This is silly

1299501140285.jpg

With shirt on Khun looks nothing like that.

Look at that cloths and accessories
20110310129976326909163.jpg

Worse than C. Ronaldo

c1027647157.jpg

Thats better

c1027647156.jpg

Whats with hat-guys. Nice coat at though.

c1027647159.jpg

Nice shirt

c10276471111.jpg

Lit. lol

Ashhong

Not sure why we need guys in here...but at least post Eunhyuk. Dude is the best at variety shows. Onew is up there too. SM really knows how to train their people to do well on TV.

nPSjw.jpg

Articalys

Well, I haven't been here in a while, but I just came across this and it was too good to ignore: over on the Penny Arcade forums, their dedicated K-Pop thread has the brilliant title "Leggo my Aegyo". Just though I'd share that.

DXPett1

Ashhong said:
Not sure why we need guys in here...but at least post Eunhyuk. Dude is the best at variety shows. Onew is up there too. SM really knows how to train their people to do well on TV.

nPSjw.jpg

Together they were amazing on Night Star. The alpha cockiness of Eunhyuk and the lame/dorkiness of Onew really balanced each other out nicely.

So sad it is no more. Anyone know if the MCs from NS have moved on to something else involving K-POP?

Ashhong

DXPett1 said:
Together they were amazing on Night Star. The alpha cockiness of Eunhyuk and the lame/dorkiness of Onew really balanced each other out nicely.

So sad it is no more. Anyone know if the MCs from NS have moved on to something else involving K-POP?

I cant seem to find a cast list for Night Star. Who else was on it?

ramyeon

Ashhong said:
Hmm I've seen them on other shows but I dont think as a regular. Though I think Gil is on 2 Days 1 Night?
Gil's a regular on Infinity Challenge, although he gets around on other shows as well.

He is also Park Jung Ah of the original Jewelry's ex boyfriend.

Ashhong

Very very very very very very short preview of Mr Taxi, as well as a preview of the RDR japanese video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7uankxk9o0&feature=player_embedded

ramyeon

Well yea RDR is more of the same haha. Lame titles come with asian pop!
Haha yeah, well, Kpop is usually a bit better than Jpop with that. But Mr Taxi is one of the worse ones out there.
Were you guys really expecting something different from the Japanese RDR MV?
Nope, didn't say I was ;)

Fafnir

Deadly said:
Were you guys really expecting something different from the Japanese RDR MV?

Yes
Taeyeon in short hair lol

I'm not really feeling that 1 second of Mr.Taxi. That hook sounds annoying, hopefully the rest of the song is better.

eMOE9.gif
dcsdH.gif

nz6aV.gif

Q1vvx.gif

Sunny sparta kick better be in the MV.

wl4FH.gif

Conceptor

Fafnir said:
Yes
Taeyeon in short hair lol

I'm not really feeling that 1 second of Mr.Taxi. That hook sounds annoying, hopefully the rest of the song is better.

eMOE9.gif
dcsdH.gif

nz6aV.gif

Q1vvx.gif

Sunny sparta kick better be in the MV.

wl4FH.gif

yesssssssss.

tumblr_ljbbukEh4J1qdcel5o1_500.gif

Don't worry! If you watch the 30 second preview, I think you can catch what looks like the end of that sparta kick at about the 34 second mark.

Another Soshi Running Man picture.. can't wait :T
tumblr_ljbhi5C4Mz1qd0y21o1_500.jpg

Ashhong

Is it weird to be so hyped for a variety show? I wish it wasnt the hide and seek games though. They dont do any more running after catching the guests. They seem to be doing this with all the new guests now. Maybe they complained that it was too tiring? lol

DXPett1

Long haired Taeyeon /dies

The short tease of Mr. TAXI is promising in my opinion. It seems SNSD have stuck with the more mature tone which I am psyched about.

Ashhong

You just have to look up "artist, song, + mirror"

SNSD - Oh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvuxOyZS_Hs

T-ara - I Go Crazy Because Of You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmNTZJ4YjbI

Peru

Loving the few seconds of Mr Taxi. Hard hitting is a plus.

Staring at ___ is good for you.

Professor Sawaguchi from Hokkaido University appeared on a Japanese show recently and announced, "From a brain study point of view, ‘Tell Me Your Wish (Genie)’ by Girls' Generation has an effect that cheers people up."
Also, he added "Girls' Generation has long arms and legs that are perfectly symmetrical, which is good for the brain even by just watching their performances.

Furthermore, he said "Their mid-range tone (of voice) is just about perfect for the brain, and has an effect of cheering people up. Most of Girls' Generation’s dances emphasize on mostly the hands and legs, so dancing along also helps develop the brain".

Lastly, he answered ‘yes’ when the other panels asked him, "Do all of Girls' Generation’s dances help with developing the brain?", and stated his opinion that "Out of all the songs, 'Tell Me Your Wish (Genie)' helps with brain development and cheering people up the most".

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Oh > Gee > Genie > RDR > Visual Dreams > Hoot

lol, if you type Intel into Youtube, visual dreams is the first result >_>

Well, I finally know what the song is about, lol. I have a theory that they keep the songs as ambiguous and shallow as possible so that people don't get bummed out by the idea of them having serious boyfriends. It's like "Sometimes guys lie to their girlfriends about shit and they get caught. Let's say it happened to all nine of them a little bit."

Ashhong

Wazzim said:
So what's the difference between this and the original version? Are the Korean parts of the song now in Japanese or something? EDIT; sounds like it is in Japanese to me..

Yes...its the Japanese version of the song and MV

panda21 said:
i wonder what their japanese sounds like to actual japanese people. their english is usually pretty good

I find accents easier when singing, so it probably sounds pretty good. The english parts are usually done by Tiffany or Jessica anyway

panda21 said:
i wonder what their japanese sounds like to actual japanese people. their english is usually pretty good

Well, I think Japanese people could understand them pretty easily. As a foreigner who lived there for a while, it was a little tougher for me to make out what they were saying. As far as I could tell, Tiffany was the most egregious offender. But, once again, I'm American, so any attempt at explaining this further would be an obvious and disingenuous attempt at trying to create the pretense that I am more advanced in the language than I actually am. At least I'm honest about it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom