• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

vas_a_morir said:
I have NO idea why she is in the group. I'm not going to rip on her for her looks, because she can't help that, but her talent is suspect.
She's the best dancer of the group.

ramyeon

Deadly said:
That's about it though. I've yet to meet anyone who liked her the most... Actually I've yet to meet anyone that was her fan at all sadly enough :/

Peru

Most SNSD fans I actually know are Hyoyeon stans and care about her 10x as much as the others. They're girls, though.

ramyeon

That's crazy. But then again most SNSD fans I know are Koreans and they don't even understand why she's in the group. I think she has more fans abroad than in Korea.

Deadly

A few pages back or in the other thread I remember someone was a Hyoyeon fan and was saying the age of Hyoyeon was coming, don't remember who it was though :lol

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
ramyeon said:
That's about it though. I've yet to meet anyone who liked her the most... Actually I've yet to meet anyone that was her fan at all sadly enough :/
iPrCY.jpg

iPtLg.jpg

Deadly said:

Unfortunately, I think that she is not that much better than some of the other girls. She excels at a particular style, though... which is not part of the performances of their popular songs, and therefor not enough to justify her part of the group to me. I don't think she's THAT much better than Yuri, in the few videos I have seen of them doing dancing routines.

Conceptor

Salazar said:
tumblr_ljh4t2szfA1qd3is5.gif

It's unfortunate that she isn't marketed as much as the others, but from what I see watching shows and whatnot.. she does have a place in the group. It's not exactly easy to gauge a person's worth in a group of 9 people.. but I do get the feeling that she's just as important/valued to them as anyone else. Take her out and the group might not be as close or encompassing with each as they seem now. I remember seeing an episode of something (can't remember) where she talked about going off on her own to focus on her dancing but ultimately decided against it in favour of staying with the others. Someone else here said it before and it's pretty much how I feel about her performance or ability or looks wise. She's an 8 surrounded by 10s, though it's pretty unfair to judge in that aspect anyway (sharp knees, etc)

:lol if you're able to get something out of that, kudos.

tumblr_ljh6xwiTuG1qbbit0o1_500.jpg

Ha-rad Pitt!!

ramyeon

Conceptor said:
tumblr_ljh4t2szfA1qd3is5.gif

It's unfortunate that she isn't marketed as much as the others, but from what I see watching shows and whatnot.. she does have a place in the group. It's not exactly easy to gauge a person's worth in a group of 9 people.. but I do get the feeling that she's just as important/valued to them as anyone else. Take her out and the group might not be as close or encompassing with each as they seem now. I remember seeing an episode of something (can't remember) where she talked about going off on her own to focus on her dancing but ultimately decided against it in favour of staying with the others. Someone else here said it before and it's pretty much how I feel about her performance or ability or looks wise. She's an 8 surrounded by 10s, though it's pretty unfair to judge in that aspect anyway (sharp knees, etc)

:lol if you're able to get something out of that, kudos.

tumblr_ljh6xwiTuG1qbbit0o1_500.jpg

Ha-rad Pitt!!
8 is pretty generous.

gogogow

Ashhong said:
Insane in the membrane. How can you watch Invincible Youth and not fall in love with Sunny?
Is that the show where Sunny is catching chickens and killing a centipede?
Even without that show I wonder why people wouldn't like Sunny. She's really adorable and awesome.

I do think Hyoyeon is kinda out of place in SNSD. Somehow I think she's more suited in a R&B/Hip-Hop group. She's just giving me that kind of vibe.

JBz2L.jpg

ramyeon

Sunny only became more popular really recently though. A lot of people were unhappy with her being in the group when they debuted, and they said she was only in there because of her uncle (Who's the president of SME). She's pretty much made her role in the group clear now though, but most of my Korean friends don't like her as much as the other girls still.

She used to be the over the top aegyo and still is in a way but now she's definitely also one of the sexiest when she wants to be!

zks41h.gif

2nu7i4y.gif

Ashhong

orangecaramel said:
How can i when Goo Hara is on the show?

Sunny was easily the best part of IY, hands down.

I can definitely see where the hate would be considering who her Uncle is. But she has proven that she has actual talent. She's probably like the 3rd best singer behind Taeyeon, and maaaaybe Jessica.

ramyeon

Really?

Jessica is known to be the 2nd best singer behind Taeyeon. She's proven herself with her solo songs and on variety shows... Her voice is higher pitched but she has a good range nonetheless. Sunny's never been a vocal powerhouse though, mainly because she always sings in this fake cutesy voice. When she sings properly she is up there though, like in 별별별.

Sunny, Hyunah and Kim Shinyoung made IY worth watching.

Ashhong

Well thats why I said maaaaaybe Jessica. Oh I forgot about Seohyun, she may be 3rd. Sunny barely beats out Tiffany because of her amazing performance singing "I Can't" from Secret Garden. She has great range. Here's a refresher of it, I still listen to it all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHZIsxMbwmU

orangecaramel said:
I wouldn't know, I only watched like 6 episodes :(

wtf, I thought you finished it? You fail

ramyeon

Ashhong said:
Well thats why I said maaaaaybe Jessica. Oh I forgot about Seohyun, she may be 3rd. Sunny barely beats out Tiffany because of her amazing performance singing "I Can't" from Secret Garden. She has great range. Here's a refresher of it, I still listen to it all the time.

The top two for me are always Taeyeon and Jessica, below that is pretty interchangeable :lol Sunny is in the top 5 though, definitely. Love that performance but it doesn't even touch the original.

4men's song was in Secret Garden? My friend's friend is/was dating the lead vocalist :lol She's a backup dancer for Son Dam Bi. They have amazing music.

EDIT: Oh, looks like a cover version was in Secret Garden... that sucks :/

Ashhong

ramyeon said:
The top two for me are always Taeyeon and Jessica, below that is pretty interchangeable :lol Sunny is in the top 5 though, definitely. Love that performance but it doesn't even touch the original.

4men's song was in Secret Garden? My friend's friend is/was dating the lead vocalist :lol She's a backup dancer for Son Dam Bi. They have amazing music.

Wtf, are you serious? You know people that deep in kpop?? You need to get to work on that! Eventually lead to meeting SNSD
KuGsj.gif

The song was covered by "Mi" and played like once. I prefer this version, but that could be the bias talking.

And "top 5" isnt say much though haha, considering the bottom 4 are Sooyoung, Yuri, Yoona and Hyoyeon. They aren't there for singing.

ramyeon

Haha only one of my friends, since she's a trainee singer for a record label in Shincheon (Best singer I've ever heard with my own ears not recorded, she was amazing even in Karaoke). Although one of my friends was a cameraman for SBS and got to meet Big Bang, SNSD etc... Apparently he went to the bathroom next to TOP :lol

Ah yeah. The original is the best break up song ever.

That's true :lol Sooyoung has her moments though... I guess.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Ashhong said:

Nope. Only show I've finished is Dream High.. nothing else has gotten me hooked.

Xilium

Baby Milo said:
no way

Narsha,Goo hara, Sunhwa run that show
Sunhwa and Hara didn't really start to shine until after the cast change. Sunny, Narsha, and Shinyoung ran the show before that.

ramyeon

Am I the only one who loved Hyunah on IY? I loved the way she was just so ridiculous. Especially talking to the chicken etc.

Ashhong

Baby Milo said:
no way

Narsha,Goo hara, Sunhwa run that show

Gotta disagree. I think Sunny was maybe the most critical idol in the G7. Especially in the earlier episodes, she was the show. Sunhwa was dead last for a very long time. I stopped watching after the cast change, so maybe that's when Sunhwa started to come into her own? Before that all she was known for was being stupid.

Fafnir

Xilium said:
Sunhwa and Hara didn't really start to shine until after the cast change. Sunny, Narsha, and Shinyoung ran the show before that.

This is true. Shinyoung was the real boss tho, she made whoever she was paired with better. The useless After School chick was smart to try and latch onto her, but Shinyoung really seemed to hate her lol

I thought Hyuna was annoying at first, but I was sorry to see her go as she really filled the maknae spot well in IY.

Also, Music Bank bans the 'spread legs' dance lol

uaJRC.gif
FhL4X.gif

ramyeon

Fafnir said:
This is true. Shinyoung was the real boss tho, she made whoever she was paired with better. The useless After School chick was smart to try and latch onto her, but Shinyoung really seemed to hate her lol

I thought Hyuna was annoying at first, but I was sorry to see her go as she really filled the maknae spot well in IY.

Also, Music Bank bans the 'spread legs' dance lol

uaJRC.gif
FhL4X.gif
Oh, Korea.

Ashhong

Well, at least they didnt only ban 4minutes like I thought they were thinking of doing.

edit: watching that 4minute gif over and over, it does look pretty damn dirty. I like it.

DXPett1

ramyeon said:
The top two for me are always Taeyeon and Jessica, below that is pretty interchangeable :lol

Always considered Seohyun to be a solid 3rd and above the rest. She has great power behind her vocals without losing fidelity or range like most would.

Its rather moot though as all 9 deserve to be in the group. SME would not have let them be in the group if they were not talented

Ashhong

I had to look up Steak n Shake. They have those in Korea? Or are you just saying Secret is thick lol. Either way, Taeyeon doesn't need to gain weight. She's perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom