• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

A bit of Tiffany on Star King.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_9Y_LnDCFQ&feature=player_embedded

I am stunned by shock.

R6Po3.gif

ENdtH.gif

NkSdj.jpg

^^^^^^^ Most feral thing I have seen eaten on a variety show.

i was exposed to the japanese version of "gee" by SNSD at karaoke last night. man, that is quite the record.

i like the way they rhyme 진짜 with めっちゃ

345triangle said:
i was exposed to the japanese version of "gee" by SNSD at karaoke last night. man, that is quite the record.

i like the way they rhyme 진짜 with めっちゃ

I can't read Korean. Are they similar concepts (expressing extremity)? I don't like the song "gee," so I don't know anything about it.

345triangle said:
yeah, they basically both mean "really" in the way they're used there. korean is "chinccha" and japanese is "meccha".

Where are you living right now? On an unrelated note, Tokyo people don't use meccha as much as Oosaka people in my experiences. It's like when you go out to California and everyone says "hella" all the time.

Oh, and sweet lord in heaven Tiffany is cute.

Salazar

vas_a_morir said:
Also, are those backyard pictures from America? I doubt somehow Korea has yards and houses like that... but I don't know.

Sooyoung's parents' house (her relatives' houses are adjoining). She's the rich one.

Hello Baby Ep 15. Yoona is back. Awesome.

lol: Sunny. Kyungsan takes baby-steps, and she starts to lift up Hyoyeon. "Come on Hyoyeon, you try now".

Ashhong

vas_a_morir said:
I can't read Korean. Are they similar concepts (expressing extremity)? I don't like the song "gee," so I don't know anything about it.

You don't like Gee? How is that possible?!

I am running seriously low on my SNSD intake. I need more Hello Baby, or another show that isnt just a variety show

Salazar said:
Sooyoung's parents' house (her relatives' houses are adjoining). She's the rich one.

Hello Baby Ep 15. Yoona is back. Awesome.

lol: Sunny. Kyungsan takes baby-steps, and she starts to lift up Hyoyeon. "Come on Hyoyeon, you try now".

That's "rich" by korean standards? Yeesh. I mean, it was a nice place, but it didn't strike me as rich.

I almost can't believe that I just watched that entire episode, though. Sooyoung is adorable, definitely one of my favorites.

Ashhong

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
That's "rich" by korean standards? Yeesh. I mean, it was a nice place, but it didn't strike me as rich.

I almost can't believe that I just watched that entire episode, though. Sooyoung is adorable, definitely one of my favorites.

Well its just one of the houses. But yea, Koreans dont live in some gigantic mansion like rich people out here do. A modern house like that with that many rooms and with that kind of backyard is pretty nice out there.

Can someone translate this japanese song title for me please

2evusg8.jpg

Salazar

AbortedWalrusFetus said:

It was pretty emotional. I would watch more MTV SNSD if I were not so determined to finish off the subbed Hello Baby eps.

JxDR5.gif

FALVZ.gif

Ashhong said:
Well its just one of the houses. But yea, Koreans dont live in some gigantic mansion like rich people out here do. A modern house like that with that many rooms and with that kind of backyard is pretty nice out there.

Yeah. America has ass tons of space too. The first house I lived in until I was like 14 had 113 acres of land, and the house my parents currently live in has 25 acres of land. It's kind of weird seeing the effect of having so much land on living spaces. It just seemed like an average sized suburban house to me, but that may be quite comfortable for people there. The thing I do like is that they have those sorts of family compounds where families all live together. It's charming. Then again, for some people being around family that much might be a nightmare.

Ashhong

For Koreans, that small compound is usually a nightmare. At least for Americanized Koreans like me who cant stand their Korean elders for more than a week at a time. It's amazing the kind of respect children have in Korea for their elders.

I dont really know much about land measurement units, but even 23 acres sounds like a shitload. Isnt that like a farm size??? I thought a normal house is like 1-2 acres?

Salazar

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
The thing I do like is that they have those sorts of family compounds where families all live together. It's charming. Then again, for some people being around family that much might be a nightmare.

My brother's parents-in-law have a similar compound of relatives' houses in Peru - in part because they're stupidly wealthy and in part for security.

Damn if the barbecue didn't make me hungry.

Ashhong said:
For Koreans, that small compound is usually a nightmare. At least for Americanized Koreans like me who cant stand their Korean elders for more than a week at a time. It's amazing the kind of respect children have in Korea for their elders.

I dont really know much about land measurement units, but even 23 acres sounds like a shitload. Isnt that like a farm size??? I thought a normal house is like 1-2 acres?

One acre is a little smaller than the size of an american football field. In densely populated suburbs lots are usually a half acre to an acre at most.

So yeah, that's a lot of land. The first house I lived in actually was an old unused farm house. When I was a year or so old my parents house burnt down, and my mothers parents had a property out in the country that no one lived in, so we moved there. Then my parents finally saved up enough to build a new home and they bought a 25 acre plot of land to build it on. In a lot of places in the US you can get that much land fairly cheap. In my family's case it is in rural PA, about an hour and a half from Philadelphia.

As for the compounds, I can see it both ways. I would like to be that close to my parents, but then again they can be annoying a lot of the time. The older I get the less I would mind it though.

Ashhong

Oh I misread your post. I thought you said your 25acre land was an average sized suburban area lol. But damn, 113 acres :O

I live in Cali so I cant even imagine how much that would cost out here

Ashhong said:
Oh I misread your post. I thought you said your 25acre land was an average sized suburban area lol. But damn, 113 acres :O

I live in Cali so I cant even imagine how much that would cost out here

To put it in perspective, here's a link: old house. Basically, the house itself was at the corner of Deysher and Long Ln. The tree lines are virtually the property borders. Actually, there was some across the street too, but I'm hazy on where the actual borders were. It's big.

Korean homes look much bigger than Japanese homes from what I can tell, and much more westernized. It's interesting to get a glimpse into a real korean home like I saw in Sooyoung's episode. Even if it's large/a rich home, it at least gives you a sense as to what things are like. It's interesting to see how people live in different parts of the world. Makes me appreciate what I have in America, even if my apartment is tiny, haha

panda21

i've been holding off on watching too many shows in case I ran out, but I think there are so many that I want to watch now that won't ever happen. Is anyone still watching Seohyun's We got married? thats still going on now right?

anyway, Lets Secret time!

kikasete

Neo Member
I'm pretty much a lurker, but have been a fan of Kpop (or SNSD mainly) for a few years now. I've been to Hollywood Bowl for the past four years, but will likely miss this year's concert due to school. Anyways I just wanted to share some SNSD pics that I took when they went in 2008 and 2009. Compared to other groups, they are definitely prettier in person.

2008 from Garden Box:
VPEW4.jpg

3OV5o.jpg

2009 from Pool Circle:
9kUuE.jpg

Slbg0.jpg

E1VVL.jpg

QD8qT.jpg

hjLPw.jpg

Ashhong

I didn't like Narsha appearance wise, very much. She was whatever, though she always had on that wig or and big ass glasses.

All about Hyomin and Yuri for me, with Goo close behind. Hyunah grew on me too

Salazar

Ashhong said:
I didn't like Narsha appearance wise, very much. She was whatever, though she always had on that wig or and big ass glasses.

See, I thought these were cute.

No question that Yuri can annihilate a camera with a look, though.

Ashhong

Salazar said:
See, I thought these were cute.

No question that Yuri can annihilate a camera with a look, though.

It was cute sometimes. Though I wish they had a lens in them, even if theres no prescription. Something about just frames with no lens is so weird to me lol

panda21

none of the IY girls really do it for me except Sunhwa and maybe Narsha, Hara cool but she is way too small (she just looks freaky in the jumping mv) and Hyunah is cool too but not really that pretty. Hyomin just annoys me, she's the same on hello baby too.

Ashhong

panda21 said:
none of the IY girls really do it for me except Sunhwa and maybe Narsha, Hara cool but she is way too small (she just looks freaky in the jumping mv) and Hyunah is cool too but not really that pretty. Hyomin just annoys me, she's the same on hello baby too.

Get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom