• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salazar said:
If a critical judgement is to be taken seriously, the person making it ought not confess to having barely any acquaintance with the thing being judged.
It's not as if I haven't watched my fair share of clips, I'm sick of it now, because it's all so mindnumbing with the liberal sprinkling of cute.

Completely gone off my KDramas too, maybe I just need a break. :eek:(

Salazar

tubgirlsplumber said:
It's not as if I haven't watched my fair share of clips, I'm sick of it now, because it's all so mindnumbing with the liberal sprinkling of cute.

7figl.gif

Agree to disagree.

Invincible Youth is the one that really gets me.

apB5m.gif

Edit: Yuri gif too sultry to post.

Ashhong

panda21 said:
oh wow i never noticed this before, Secret do a different dance cover of another song in the breakdown every time they perform shy boy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bchBnSbui4M

theres a list of them here:
http://fysecret.tumblr.com/post/3039038387/hi-can-you-post-the-links-to-all-of-secrets-shy-boy

its at about 2:50 that they start doing it

OOOOOH that explains why I never see them doing that first one anymore. The one where Sunhwa is behind her and doing some dance over the shoulders. What dance is that?

edit: GODDAMN. now post the splits gif lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
CruxisMana said:
Does SME have an obsession with chicken?
All of Korea does. Fried chicken is kind of a recent discovery for them. Understandable.

Dice

Agreed! I have it downloaded now and everything is closed due to the blizzard. Hello Baby time!

Salazar

Sealda said:
What should he post or what did he post that you wanted him to post and why?:O

I don't know what performance this was, but Yuri seems to have gone pretty hard. Also, doing spins like that in heels would seem to be a touch on the reckless side.

mCjgk.gif

Fe5RA.gif

Dice

It was the Beyonce number she did with Yoona and Hyoyeon. It was actually Hyoyeon's finest moment.

Ashhong

Dice said:
It was the Beyonce number she did with Yoona and Hyoyeon. It was actually Hyoyeon's finest moment.

Overshadowed by everyone else around her as always :)

Salazar said:
I second that emotion.

http://i.imgur.com/EXrBA.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cXug7.gif
http://i.imgur.com/AcDjr.gif[IMG]

^^^^^ Why is Heechul leaning away ? I thought he was cool.[/QUOTE]

This is my favorite performance of Yuri. She looks so damn sexy doing it.

Watching HB18 now, feels good man.

panda21

damn I'm back on the IY express. CHOO CHOO

feels good man, i didnt watch for weeks and completely forgot how good it is

Hara is so cute, just needs some hamburgers in her (i mean food not something lewd)

Salazar

louis89 said:
So is Kara pretty much done now?

Apparently not.

They seem to have renegotiated some aspects of their contract, and it seems difficult to deny that some of the members aren't best of friends. But still going.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/female-idols-bring-out-past-academic-achievements-for-brain-competition

During a recent recording of KBS 2TV’s Lunar New Year special, “Idol Brain Collision,” various idol group members battled it out to gain the title of the “#1 Mother’s Friend’s Daughter” (i.e, the girl you never want to be compared to).

Part of the battle was for each of the group’s representatives to reveal their past colorful academic histories. Brown Eyed Girls’ Miryo surprised the set as she revealed that she was part of the “gifted students” class back in elementary school, which was only for those who got all straight A’s in their reports.

Meanwhile, T-ara’s Hyomin directly came on set holding a variety of awards she received as a student, while Rainbow’s Jaekyung and SECRET’s Ji Eun revealed that they were the school chairman and leaders throughout middle school and elementary school, respectively.

Additionally, miss A’s Min stated that she received special education for the gifted during her stay in America. SISTAR’s Bora received the “Campus Queen” title at Myungji University, while Girl’s Day’s Minah won first place in a “Poster Contest” in Incheon.

Ashhong

Damn, soshified has to feel pretty happy with themselves. Not every fan site gets a personal greeting like that.

Articalys

Something I meant to ask a while back: how did you -- by which I mean thread drivers Salazar and Ashhong (responsible for 1/3 of all posts combined) -- first hear about/learn about/become fans of K-pop groups like this? And how did your fandom develop to the level it is now?

Salazar

Articalys said:
Something I meant to ask a while back: how did you -- by which I mean thread drivers Salazar and Ashhong (responsible for 1/3 of all posts combined) -- first hear about/learn about/become fans of K-pop groups like this?

I knew about SNSD from PantherLotus's avatar. Dresden made that thread, in a swirling confusion of desire and self-recriminatory panic, and I checked out their videos, bought their albums. Then on to Invincible Youth and Hello Baby—which are just remarkably entertaining tv shows, irrespective of their connection to K-pop—and then I figured I'd give the male idol groups a shot, and started listening to Shinee and Super Junior. And MC Mong, who counts as K-pop I suppose.

And how did your fandom develop to the level it is now?

I don't think my fandom is at such an obsessive pitch. These groups are just photographed and video-recorded to within an inch of their lives, and they tend to be entertaining or attractive in the results. For one thing, the 'system', so to speak, of K-pop has a certain intrigue and weirdness to it. For another, it produces vast amounts of relatively interesting stuff - shows, music, commercials. It reminded me, more or less, of my liking for pop music.

Dice

how did you first hear about/learn about/become fans of K-pop groups like this?
I've been aware of kpop since SES but never really paid attention to it. A few years ago I made some Korean friends and my best friend went to Korea for 2 years, so through talking to them and watching Korean movies with my Korean friends I guess my general interest increased.

Early last year, someone on GAF posted a pic of Hyuna and I thought she was cute so I checked out who it was. At the time there was some controversy around her because of Change, so I was immediately greeted with the drama of kpop culture. That was interesting in itself, but then when I checked youtube to find out what the deal with the video was I learned about both the nature of their music programs (awesome) and Invincible Youth, which quickly led me into the rest.

And how did your fandom develop to the level it is now?
Quite naturally? Before this happened, I had accumulated over 500 albums on Zune from all music types and many different countries around the world in the span of a year. I don't watch TV, rarely watch movies or read books, and have been significantly cutting down on videogames. Music is my hobby, so I had quite a capacity to jump right in and thoroughly explore an entire new industry.

On top of that, kpop is much more personable than western media, so it got me to actually watch some shows and movies again. Now that I've started learning the language and made a few dozen more Korean friends, it's just helpful for my continuing personal study and social life.

Articalys

Oh, I wasn't implying anything about obsession, just asking how you go from casual observer like I am to being more interested in their activities on any level.
At any rate, thanks for the response.

Ashhong

Articalys said:
Something I meant to ask a while back: how did you -- by which I mean thread drivers Salazar and Ashhong (responsible for 1/3 of all posts combined) -- first hear about/learn about/become fans of K-pop groups like this? And how did your fandom develop to the level it is now?

Lol I didn't realize my post count was so high. To be fair, most of my posts are just nonsense posts, while Salazar has all the content.

I grew up with Kpop being Korean, but I phased out of it a while ago. Saw the Run Devil Run video sometime last year and thought they were hot but never really gave them a second listen. I forget if the old thread or my friend came first, but I started appreciating their looks more and then their music.

What REALLY got me into them though was watching them on variety shows. I went on a Hello Baby and Factory Girl marathon and grew to really like their personalities. Since then I've been hooked and my tastes have grown into actually liking the music of SNSD and other groups and Korean dramas again too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom