• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/jung-juris-bad-drinking-habit-is

Gag woman Jung Juri revealed a bad drinking habit that could possibly anger idol fans.

Recently on MBC’s special program, ‘Dating Alimony Case,’ Jung Juri confessed, “Whenever I become drunk, I let male idols into my house.” She then continued, “I had to put curtains in my house, so I asked MBLAQ’s G.O to come,” causing the guests of the show, as well as the audience members, to stare intently at her. Furthermore, the comedian also stated that every time she drinks, she calls a male idol and asks him to play at her house.

Best fan trolling in some time.

vxHje.gif

IhstP.gif

cX2o1.gif

BjrfH.gif

Ashhong said:
hmmm not seeing a track by S.E.S titled Love Story. Any other possible translations?

Sorry I'm late with a reply. That song is titled using Katakana, a writing system used for foreign words in Japanese. So, in reality, there is not a translation, but rather a direct reading. It literally and phonetically is titled by the English words "love story," only written in a different writing language. :)

Edit: Oh, I see my man in Oosaka already explained it.

Ashhong

vas_a_morir said:
Sorry I'm late with a reply. That song is titled using Katakana, a writing system used for foreign words in Japanese. So, in reality, there is not a translation, but rather a direct reading. It literally and phonetically is titled by the English words "love story," only written in a different writing language. :)

Edit: Oh, I see my man in Oosaka already explained it.

Damn, not sure why I can't find the song then.

Anybody know why Yamato was banned? How sad :(

Salazar

Ashhong said:
Anybody know why Yamato was banned? How sad :(

Nope. Nor for how long.

Hello Baby Ep 16.

Hanbok time.

tz9K4.gif

Had a good listen to MC Sniper again this morning, Ash, and it has grown on me. "Mr Liar" is so damned good.

panda21

yeah I wonder what happened to Captain Yams. be safe out there guys

fany really is a pokemon! (that thing is a pokemon right?)

Boram!

Hamster!

Secret time!

and theres something about Zinger thats really cute even if she isn't the prettiest and rapping doesnt really fit with Secret's style

JaCy

I just wanted to pop in and say I have a love/hate relationship with the song 'gee'. My younger sister visited me last year and literally listened to that one song for nearly three hours straight on a car ride to a relatives. It was ingrained into my mind for a week after, so when I hear it I can't help but sing a long with it. lol

Fafnir

Salazar said:
Hello Baby Ep 16.

Hanbok time.

HShMq.gif
iEdmA.gif

aqgpA.gif
zDKVu.gif

I'm starting to realize why Hyoyeon hits Yoona while she's drunk lol

JUHTI.gif

Secret in contemporary hanboks, amazing how shortening the dress makes hanbok's look good.

Ss92l.jpg

aPnnR.jpg

panda21

i love it when they start doing 'hip hop' and saying yo yo check it yo the yo yo the check it yo in a way that makes no sense.

super cringe making though

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Fafnir said:
Secret in contemporary hanboks, amazing how shortening the dress makes hanbok's look good.
Eh, they also cut the top in a more flattering way and ditches the oversized sleeves. They are freakin adorable, though.

panda21 said:
i love it when they start doing 'hip hop' and saying yo yo check it yo the yo yo the check it yo in a way that makes no sense.
super cringe making though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HPXKDQDyoA#t=8m

Jessica & Tiffany laugh at her when she says it.

If you haven't seen that show, it's awesome.

Sealda

Banned
Secret cloths always looks kinda classy/stylish/good taste. Always so balanced!

By the way, how many can there be?

Brown Eyed Girls
Brown Eyed Soul
Brown Eyes

And they are all really famous.

Why not?

Black Haired girls
Black Haired Soul
Black Hair

Seems like Koreans are hooked on the phrase "Brown Eyed" does it mean anything special for koreans? Or does it just sound cool in Korean?

Wazzim

Banned
Question, do these girls have operations before beginning their career? I mean the eyes, they can't look like that naturally with all of them right?

panda21

Wazzim said:
Question, do these girls have operations before beginning their career? I mean the eyes, they can't look like that naturally with all of them right?

what do you mean about their eyes?

some of them wear circle lenses i think

X-Frame

Besides SNSD what other female K-Pop groups are recommended?

And possibly even J-Pop if there's any? So far I haven't found any that I enjoy more than SNSD.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
X-Frame said:
Besides SNSD what other female K-Pop groups are recommended?
Kara, T-ara, Secret, Rainbow, After School, miss A, Sistar, Brown Eyed Girls, 4minute, Girl's Day, f(x), Black Pearl, VNT, Davichi (if a duo counts), 2NE1, Miss $, Orange Caramel, Wonder Girls... get back to me when you're done with that list.

J-pop? Perfume. That's all I like.

panda21 said:

When did anyone ever saying 'yo yo yo check it' ever make sense? Regardless of whether its some crazy fools from Compton or some Korean plastic princess? Let's be honest, a large part of 'hip hop' performances consist of crotch grabbing monosyllabic nonsense anyway, so consider it satire?

I do quite like JPop and KPop in some moderation. Girls Generation are pretty cute and I enjoy watching their music vids etc but I can't comprehend why anyone needs to watch hours of inane TV Shows where the highlights feature one of the lasses pulling a face, that seems to be it.

Proof as ever if needed that Korean, Japanese, European, British, American et al mainstream TV are pretty much as mindlessly shitty as each other.

Salazar

tubgirlsplumber said:
I can't comprehend why anyone needs to watch hours of inane TV Shows where the highlights feature one of the lasses pulling a face, that seems to be it.

If a critical judgement is to be taken seriously, the person making it ought not confess to having barely any acquaintance with the thing being judged.

Ashhong

panda21 said:
what do you mean about their eyes?

some of them wear circle lenses i think

He either means the size, or the double eyelid thing. Eyelid surgery is a very common procedure in Korea, and isn't looked at as plastic surgery or anything like that. It's no big deal. Usually that can make the eyes look a bit bigger.

For those that didn't surgery, it's probably natural. Not all asians have small eyes :)

Deadly

Do you guys get all of these talkshows and stuff off the soshified site or are you just incredibly good at searching on youtube?

Fafnir

I'd say both, alot of subs get's copyrighted and killed on Youtube, but Soshified will always have a copy of anything they subbed.

Salazar

Tiffany ungracious in victory.

QEnvo.gif

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/seo-in-young-almost-didnt-want-to-appear-on-we-got-married

On January 31st, singer Seo In Young guested on SBS’s “Night After Night” and revealed the secrets behind her virtual marriage with rapper Crown J on MBC’s “We Got Married.”

She stated, “When rookies usually go on variety shows, it’s like a fireworks display of competition to get themselves known. I wasn’t able to adjust to that since I’m actually kind of shy, and it was difficult for me at the time.”

On her actual offer from the show, she revealed, “I really like singing, but the fact that I had to do things with people I didn’t know was a lot of pressure. I fought with my manager over the issue, and even told the director that I couldn’t do it.”

I can understand not wanting to go on WGM. It can be a pretty weird show.

Fafnir

Salazar said:
I can understand not wanting to go on WGM. It can be a pretty weird show.

It seemed like the early WGM's tried to make the most awkward couples possible then film the train wrecks. Starting from the Kwon/GaIn couple they finally figured out to use idols that compliment each other. The current couples of YongSeo and KhunToria are pretty much fan service and it's like watching idol's date.

I miss watching the Kwon/GaIn couple, but the show served it's purpose for them as it softened up GaIn's image and hardened up Kwon. They really didn't have anything else to show after Kwon finally got the balls to sneak a kiss.

QvPLl.gif

panda21

Our New Year's wishes?
One of our wishes is to be better daughters... To be able to provide pocket money for our parents

Boram also revealed something else she wanted.

"I want to have a guy talking to me as friends. I wish I could talk to someone through something (?). I have a lot of female friends, I wish I had a wonderful boyfriend."

panda21

Salazar said:
http://i.imgur.com/PIroI.jpg/IMG]

Boram was in the idol sports thing. [B]Can't wait, must wait, CAN'T WAIT[/B].[/QUOTE]

oh god, Boram is really week and pathetic, she can barely run and has some condition where she sweats a buttload all the time.

should be interesting. i hope she survives

Salazar

panda21 said:
oh god, Boram is really week and pathetic, she can barely run and has some condition where she sweats a buttload all the time.

I imagine a heap of idols will be suffering.

Yoona would say “Am I not the most adorable to you oppa. Am I not?” then I said “No Taeyeon is more cute” - Heechul of Super Junior

Suck it, Dice.

Weird Hyomin.

SflyV.jpg

Awards night hover-hand.

KgO2e.jpg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I didn't know there was a new thread! Nice to know this one won't get shut down though. Back to quietly lurking and staring at the cute Korean girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom