• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what is the deal with Amazon not getting 1st party Switch games at release

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
The last few releases by Nintendo were not even listed for pre-order prior to release. I usually get physical Switch games since the the game is usually on the cartridge, but the last few 1st party games were not even listed. Case in point: Zelda Echoes of Wisdom is not listed at all. Never was listed (I have always checked).

I have been having to order the games day of release from Target, and then pick them up on the way home from work. Is there a tiff between Amazon and Nintendo?

It's getting harder to get new releases physically for all systems.

I think this is an old thing. There was some sort of beef between Amazon and Nintendo years ago that lead to this. A quick search shows this goes all the way back to the 3DS era.

Do you not have a local shop? No GameStop? I'd always recommend anything but Amazon. I buy all my games locally. I've had no problem at my local independent shop, but GameStop virtually requires a preorder since they hate to actually stock games.

Last edited:

willothedog

The last few releases by Nintendo were not even listed for pre-order prior to release. I usually get physical Switch games since the the game is usually on the cartridge, but the last few 1st party games were not even listed. Case in point: Zelda Echoes of Wisdom is not listed at all. Never was listed (I have always checked).

I have been having to order the games day of release from Target, and then pick them up on the way home from work. Is there a tiff between Amazon and Nintendo?

It's getting harder to get new releases physically for all systems.

Fine in Amazon UK, must be a regional issue.

Do you not have a local shop? No GameStop? I'd always recommend anything but Amazon. I buy all my games locally. I've had no problem at my local independent shop, but GameStop virtually requires a preorder since they hate to actually stock games.

Yeah sack Amazon off, I always buy games from my…

Last edited:
Top Bottom