• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soccer Manager |OT| FREE in-browser/App massively multiplayer soccer management game

Eanan

no worries

v8OWmM2.png

LOL what a stupid system they have in place for starting cash levels.

Eanan

east fife haha

I assumed the worst teams would get the most transfer funds, going by the blurb for that setting when setting it up. But it seems to be the opposite. If you want you can pick a different team from Div 2 and switch to them. You can also loan players from other teams within the 5 divisions by the way.

i'll work with what i've got!

i tried to recruit torres (loan from chelsea), but that didn't work. my club's scottish, does that mean that i can only take on loan players from other scottish clubs?

Eanan

i'll work with what i've got!

i tried to recruit torres (loan from chelsea), but that didn't work. my club's scottish, does that mean that i can only take on loan players from other scottish clubs?

No all the top clubs are externals, to avoid people who got given that team, to just hold onto those players and not be involved in transfers.

You can make loan applications to certain players in the teams within the 5 divisions of this world (if you click competitions at the top, you will see the 5 divisions).

i just checked the transfer market, and there is some older 90+ rated players going for 3 and 4m so it might not be that bad actually, you could easily get 3 or 4 86+ players for 8m or so it seems.

Where Ronaldo and Messi end up will be interesting since no one can afford them right now!

Beelzebubs

I'm trying to sort tactics but the game won't let me til I have more players. Stuck on 13 with the transfer budget of 2.4 mill. I have a 38 year old player yay :p

Eanan

I'm trying to sort tactics but the game won't let me til I have more players. Stuck on 13 with the transfer budget of 2.4 mill. I have a 38 year old player yay :p

That is ridiculous. I dont understand why the default transfer funds setting was like that.

Beelzebubs

That is ridiculous. I dont understand why the default transfer funds setting was like that.

It's not too bad, I have a couple of decent players. Made a few bids for some new ones so I can change the squad. Hopefully I'll find out soon if I get them. Aiming to get younger players to replace the ones who are old.

hLLmhI5.png

Eanan

It's not too bad, I have a couple of decent players. Made a few bids for some new ones so I can change the squad. Hopefully I'll find out soon if I get them. Aiming to get younger players to replace the ones who are old.

Your welcome to switch to a better club in Division 2 if you wish to, as long as no one else has been offered them. only a few in division 2 are taken.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Cant find the league, help?

Eanan

Tempted to re do this and give everyone £100m as a starting transfer budget to make it fairer. Bit of a joke the way the default setting worked. I assumed the better teams would get £15m or so and the worst teams £30m or so. But then you have the issue of most active players hoarding up players.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Tempted to re do this and give everyone £100m as a starting transfer budget to make it fairer. Bit of a joke the way the default setting worked. I assumed the better teams would get £15m or so and the worst teams £30m or so. But then you have the issue of most active players hoarding up players.

Yeah, I am for a re-do as well, but maybe start with 50M as starting budget. 100M might be a bit overkill, but my team currently has 2,1M left to spend, which is a tad... erm... low.

Eanan

Yeah, I am for a re-do as well, but maybe start with 50M as starting budget. 100M might be a bit overkill, but my team currently has 2,1M left to spend, which is a tad... erm... low.

Just saw that id need to spend another €6 to redo it... fuck sake.

Toma

Put almost my whole team on transfer list, lol. Lets see if I can get rid of any of them-

nelchaar

Maybe I should have given everyone like 100m at the start... hmmmm.... oh well.

I didn't think the soccer manager default setting was so stingy, going by the info it gave in the description of that setting. It said it was the fairest and would be calculated based on team players and ticket income. But none the less, you can always sell your crappy players for cash.

i can't afford any players :p

no worries

v8OWmM2.png

Yep, I'm in a similar situation. 6.1 mill budget, with an below-MLS American team, Minnesota United. Maybe you shouldn't have gone THAT low in the leagues, Eanan, haha :)

Perhaps a better plan would be to stick with equal lower-league teams? Say Div2 or Div3 Spanish/German/Italian/English teams? Or set an equal spending budget?

EDIT: Just saw you need to spend 6 EU's to re-do it.. Screw that, let's do it as is. I'll fight the relegation battle with Don't Laugh and Toma :D

Toma

Yep, I'm in a similar situation. 6.1 mill budget, with an below-MLS American team, Minnesota United. Maybe you shouldn't have gone THAT low in the leagues, Eanan, haha :)

Perhaps a better plan would be to stick with equal lower-league teams? Say Div2 or Div3 Spanish/German/Italian/English teams? Or set an equal spending budget?

EDIT: Just saw you need to spend 6 EU's to re-do it.. Screw that, let's do it as is. I'll fight the relegation battle with Don't Laugh and Toma :D

Battle? Which battle? :p I'll just wail my arms at you while you pierce me with swords.

Eanan

Hope you guys are bidding on externals!! Some good old rated players going for a couple of mil out there. This first season should be interesting with such little money around, but once we finish this one, ill make the economy very rich, should this season not be great.

Toma

Hope you guys are bidding on externals!! Some good old rated players going for a couple of mil out there. This first season should be interesting with such little money around, but once we finish this one, ill make the economy very rich, should this season not be great.

I did, when will the other teams react? Every day 8 pm when the scores are calculated?

Beelzebubs

Spent my entire transfer budget of 2.4 million now. Don't know how the stats are worked out but managed to buy enough players to replace most of my 30+ year olds.

Toma

Spent my entire transfer budget of 2.4 million now. Don't know how the stats are worked out but managed to buy enough players to replace most of my 30+ year olds.

What did you buy for 2.4M? 4-5 young 77ish players?

Beelzebubs

What did you buy for 2.4M? 4-5 young 77ish players?

Pretty much.

Callum ROBERTSON of Aston Villa. AM(RL),F(RLC). 19 years old, 75 rating.
James WILSON of Manchester United. AM(C),F(LC), 18 years old, 77 rating.
Luke DANIELS of West Bromwich Albion. GK, 26 years old, 78 rating.
Sam HUTCHINSON of Chelsea. D(RC),DM(C), 24 years old, 78 rating.
Free Agent Markus HAYER. AM(RL),F(RLC), 28 years old, 76 rating.

Literally spent my transfer budget to the penny.

Eanan

Also in case you didnt know, when making a transfer request to an external team, you can offer players in your squad already along with cash to cut down on spending.

Beelzebubs

Also in case you didnt know, when making a transfer request to an external team, you can offer players in your squad already along with cash to cut down on spending.

When I made the offers, I only had 13 players in the squad. logged on this morning and there were 7 new transfers to the team that the AI must have made before I took over the team.

Eanan

Ok, heres what im going to do to make it fairer. I can see what transfer funds there is etc.

So the teams in division one and two that are controlled by people and have no transfer funds basically due to the stupid game system when setting up, Rhys and East fife especially, ill take control of a bigger team lower down the divisions, and buy some of your players for a few million. This way it gives the game a fairer balance, as the big teams got £20m or so transfer budget, along with much better squad players. Its a fair compromise.

Edit: Cant even do that, so scratch that idea. People are welcome to switch teams if they want to to unmanaged teams within the next week or so before the matches kick off. Unmanaged teams are the ones in italics in the league tables.

Eanan

Wasn't at home yesterday so I missed the PM.. seems maybe someone has taken my OGC Nice?

That would be, just switching between teams seeing if I can evenly distribute transfer cash but alas to no avail. Ill quit and you can apply then.

Meier

That would be, just switching between teams seeing if I can evenly distribute transfer cash but alas to no avail. Ill quit and you can apply then.

Woof, looks like I managed to get a top dog compared to some of y'all. :lol

I feel kinda bad since I'm flush.. what are we going to do about transferring for big name players that are externally managed?

Toma

Woof, looks like I managed to get a top dog compared to some of y'all. :lol

I feel kinda bad since I'm flush.. what are we going to do about transferring for big name players that are externally managed?

You are just playing against the top dogs in the league, while we have our relegation fight with 2M budget :p

Meier

You are just playing against the top dogs in the league, while we have our relegation fight with 2M budget :p

Okay, I'm gonna go HAM then. Toulouse might be beating me to the punch though.. seems like his whole team is on the market and he has played for ages with his manager score.

JustDrive

I drew the Mamolede sundowns, tbh I've never heard of them before let alone any of my squad lol, Not too bad a budget though with 14m.

Eanan

Someone took the team I was assigned
Which team is that?

Don't tell me there's lurkers applying for teams in this that were for people who posted.

Ugh. I think I've got our worst nightmare. A guy who won't quit a team even if its not meant for him and is a complete randomer,

Kilvin

Ouch, first friendly didn't go so well, lost 4-0 to RSC Anderlecht. Looks like I have some fiddling to do.

Eanan, are you not able to boot the guy? Ha, my phone aurocorrected your name to Ramen.

Eanan

Ouch, first friendly didn't go so well, lost 4-0 to RSC Anderlecht. Looks like I have some fiddling to do.

Eanan, are you not able to boot the guy? Ha, my phone aurocorrected your name to Ramen.
No unfortunately not. I just assumed it was the correct person that was assigned Utrecht in this thread, not some randomer. I hope he does the decent thing and just quit but some won't for whatever reason.

Toma

Still no news on my transfers, argh.

i lost my first match as well, 4-0 to Madureira EC

i need my transfers to process already

Top Bottom