• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soccer Manager |OT| FREE in-browser/App massively multiplayer soccer management game

Looks like I got lucky

ec8a9e3435746e204af58a098b02d724.png

How are all those awful Terek players worth so much? Amazing. Dat Russian League popularity.

Beelzebubs

Well, my first match went well! Against Sepahan with an average rating of 79 vs my teams 64. I lost 6-0. Can't wait for my transfers to join the club.

Meier

No unfortunately not. I just assumed it was the correct person that was assigned Utrecht in this thread, not some randomer. I hope he does the decent thing and just quit but some won't for whatever reason.

That's a pretty fucked up move. I'm amazed the creator of the league can't boot managers.. maybe contact their help if the person doesn't step down on their own? There must be some support available.

I sent him a message asking him to step down. I don't know how Sassuolo managed to be in Division 5, but I'm sure that guy should move up pretty easily. :lol

pappe

Won my first friendly 2 - 0.

Gor starting budget of 8.5m. Will have to be smart with my monies. Moyes style.

Eanan

That's a pretty fucked up move. I'm amazed the creator of the league can't boot managers.. maybe contact their help if the person doesn't step down on their own? There must be some support available.

I sent him a message asking him to step down. I don't know how Sassuolo managed to be in Division 5, but I'm sure that guy should move up pretty easily. :lol
I know right, its so annoying, and seems he won't quit. He replied saying:
Please can I remain with this club as I read your forum in NEOGAF stating you were creating a new game world and I was very interested in the challenge. If you want I can create a NEOGAF account and join your forum. Thank You in advance.

So yes not even on neogaf and is a lurker but doesn't want to quit the team. Where is the fun in that? Fuuuuuuuck sake.

If he doesn't quit, just don't do any business with him. I'll do a world message so everyone gets the message. Hopefully that will make him quit but I wouldn't hold my breath. These creeps can be quite stubborn.

nelchaar

I know right, its so annoying, and seems he won't quit. He replied saying:

So yes not even on neogaf and is a lurker but doesn't want to quit the team. Where is the fun in that? Fuuuuuuuck sake.

If he doesn't quit, just don't do any business with him. I'll do a world message so everyone gets the message. Hopefully that will make him quit but I wouldn't hold my breath. These creeps can be quite stubborn.

Can't you tell him that he can stay in the league, just not take an assigned team? There's plenty of unassigned teams he could take.

Eanan

Someone took the team I was assigned

Utrecht are now free for you to apply to, post here once you've applied so I know its you!

I made an account and I want to join in so what do I do?

Yep plenty of teams available in divsion two and lower. Just sign up on the website, click the green "multiplayer" tab, then add club. Then click search or something like that, and enter the game ID. In the OP. Post what team you've applied for so I know to accept you and not a lurker.

kIdMuScLe

Utrecht are now free for you to apply to, post here once you've applied so I know its you!

Yep plenty of teams available in divsion two and lower. Just sign up on the website, click the green "multiplayer" tab, then add club. Then click search or something like that, and enter the game ID. In the OP. Post what team you've applied for so I know to accept you and not a lurker.

OK I just signed up for Brighton and hope Albion team :)

Eanan

Sassulo making lots of big name bids... I fear since hes lvl 40, that he might not understand that he has lots of loan players, which will be gone at the end of the season, and might not be able to pay the wages of these big name players and go into the negative and be forced to sell!

Time will tell.

jesu

Kinda disappointing 2-2 draw in my first game and next up is a hard game against Metalist.
A couple of good signings to bring in though.

Kilvin

I'm glad he wised up and handed over the team.

As strange as it may sound, even though he isn't officially a member he may still feel like part of the forum. I lurked for over a year while I waited for my account to be activated and in doing so I learned quite a bit about the general going ons of the forum. It's made the transition into being a contributing member much easier to be honest.

Anyway, looks like I'm not the only one that had a rough first game! Those transfers cannot come soon enough, at least then we can hopefully be competitive.

JustDrive

edit: sorted out

i'll be taking control of perth glory instead

Sneaked a friendly win against them last night 2-1.

I've noticed this morning on the newsfeed that a lot of transfers have gone through, I did mine yesterday morning but nothing's happening so far does anyone know if it takes longer if you've offered players as well as cash rather than a straight cash deal?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Sneaked a friendly win against them last night 2-1.

I've noticed this morning on the newsfeed that a lot of transfers have gone through, I did mine yesterday morning but nothing's happening so far does anyone know if it takes longer if you've offered players as well as cash rather than a straight cash deal?

Takes apparently 24-48 hours. My transfers took about 36 maybe.

JustDrive

It's showing as my bids have been accepted now however it seems since I bid on them someone else has made bids for some of the same players so apparently they now have to decide which club to join and this takes a further 24 hrs.

Lach

I think I'll join up to if there's still space.

Can't sign up at the moment though...always ends in an error...

[edit] Ok I apparently I made an account way back.
Applied for Division 2 - Ipswich

sestrugen

Important for all to know that you cannot have less than 2 Goalkeepers and that your Squad cannot have less than 21 players.

Waiting for my transfers to come through I should be able to renew my team and get rid of the 30+ age players.

tanuki

I only just realised that player ratings are based on real world ratings... I need to remember to RTFM (first post) before spunking all my transfer money.

nelchaar

Damn, that was one helluva battle to sign Jonathan Dos Santos. I got lucky Veracruz didn't have the required funds for the transfer, but now I'm out 3 mill. Sigh.

tanuki

Damn, that was one helluva battle to sign Jonathan Dos Santos. I got lucky Veracruz didn't have the required funds for the transfer, but now I'm out 3 mill. Sigh.

That was me. I was under the impression you could choose whether to confirm transfers a la football manager before signing a player. Otherwise I wouldn't have put in bids for 10 different players. Oh well, I'm learning fast.

nelchaar

That was me. I was under the impression you could choose whether to confirm transfers a la football manager before signing a player. Otherwise I wouldn't have put in bids for 10 different players. Oh well, I'm learning fast.

Sigh.. Same boat friend.. Wouldn't have bid 3mill.. Oh well..

Gents (and ladies), let me know if anyone is up for loaning out some talent.

Kilvin

how much did villa cost you? i'm still waiting on transfers

Too much. 17.5 million.

Edit: Scratch that, even though it said the offer was accepted and would be processed today I just logged on to find out the deal collapsed and Villa refuses to sign...cripes

elseanio

Too much. 17.5 million.

Edit: Scratch that, even though it said the offer was accepted and would be processed today I just logged on to find out the deal collapsed and Villa refuses to sign...cripes

I'm not sure of the circumstances, but this can happen if (for example) the selling team sell one of their other strikers, Villa would then be more valuable to them. If you bid the absolutely minimum, this would no longer be accepted by the club and you'll have to put another offer in that meets the new valuation.

Edit* Yep, looks like a deal for Diago Costa went through, so Villa is now their highest rated player

Lach

My patriotic self focuses probably a bit too much on swiss players, but so far I got Seferovic and (hopefully) Shaqiri to strengthen my squad....

barcelona's accepted my bid for their reserve GK

how long did it take for your players to be bought by other clubs once you put them on the transfer list? i listed them for the chairman's valuation, not even being greedy

Meier

Bah, William Carvalho got a bump today so his price went up. *shakes fist*

Thorgan Hazard for 6m was a nice buy but now Veracruz is trying to jack to my JT move. Damn you!

JustDrive

Bah, William Carvalho got a bump today so his price went up. *shakes fist*

Thorgan Hazard for 6m was a nice buy but now Veracruz is trying to jack to my JT move. Damn you!

He already jacked Thorgan Hazard from me and Zaha, Double damn him lol.

next time i hope we're given a set amount of money (everyone's on equal starting terms), and enough to outright buy more than 1 good player without having to wait days for your current squad to sell :p

elseanio

next time i hope we're given a set amount of money (everyone's on equal starting terms), and enough to outright buy more than 1 good player without having to wait days for your current squad to sell :p

If you can't wait for a sale, you can offer up to 2 players as part of a deal for External players. Using this method means you pay a little more, but it's probably worth it to get players in now.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Jealous of all you "rich" clubs buying big name players. Villa? Gerard? Jese? Here I am going through the rubbish bin!

At least we have enough players to choose from :p

Eanan

I know. Its annoying the way you can't reset it without paying for a new world.

If everyone here sent like 10cent my way over PayPal :)p), I'd be able to reset and do it bettwr with empty teams, and give everyone 200mil to start with But alas I think we can continue with this, or what is the general consensus?

Beelzebubs

Starting to feel lime my team is a bit shit. Just lost 9-1 to Sassoulo with bloody Samuel Eto'o scoring 6 goals.
Their average skill is about 20 higher than me but meh.

Toma

I know. Its annoying the way you can't reset it without paying for a new world.

If everyone here sent like 10cent my way over PayPal :)p), I'd be able to reset and do it bettwr with empty teams, and give everyone 200mil to start with But alas I think we can continue with this, or what is the general consensus?

#TeamRelegationBattle

Lets run with this for now.

Kilvin

I'm not sure of the circumstances, but this can happen if (for example) the selling team sell one of their other strikers, Villa would then be more valuable to them. If you bid the absolutely minimum, this would no longer be accepted by the club and you'll have to put another offer in that meets the new valuation.

Edit* Yep, looks like a deal for Diago Costa went through, so Villa is now their highest rated player

Appreciate you looking into this, it certainly makes sense.

In the long run it''ll probably work out better for me that I didn't get Villa since he would have used up the majority of my budget.

I'm going after a couple of mid 4 mill guys and a 2 mill who are all rated in the 80's and are young that I can build around.

#TeamRelegationBattle

Lets run with this for now.

I agree with just letting this league run its course for now. I just look at it as more of a challenge and thus all the more rewarding when we build our teams into contenders.

In related news I finally won a friendly, 1-0.

Eanan

I wonder do the teams in Div 1 get more revenue from matches (i.e. ticket sales, TV licences) than teams in Div 4 for example?

Top Bottom