• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
BeeDog said:
Of course, but at least the basics (so the game isn't nearly broken out of the gate) should be stable enough. Yes, even though it's a beta such things are enough to drive potential players away due to negative word-of-mouth.

I haven't managed to get into a game yet, so I'm not dissing the gameplay now myself...
I would agree with this. CoD4 and Halo 3 betas were exciting enough to get people jazzed for the final build.

Trevelyan

Banned
Mutagenic said:
I would agree with this. CoD4 and Halo 3 betas were exciting enough to get people jazzed for the final build.
I don't know, even with the sloppy build this beta is, I'm already having a fucking blast with it. I can really see myself losing months in this game when it hits.

Dante

Trevelyan said:
I don't know, even with the sloppy build this beta is, I'm already having a fucking blast with it. I can really see myself losing months in this game when it hits.

That's what I wish more people would clarify. Are they frustrated with the shitty build, or the game itself?

Acid08

Banned
Could Slant Six update the build or do a patch for the beta to fix some stuff? Or would it be too much trouble since it's only a beta?

Dante

Acid08 said:
Could Slant Six update the build or do a patch for the beta to fix some stuff? Or would it be too much trouble since it's only a beta?

I am thinking a newer build given feedback on this would be implemented for the Qore Beta people.

Thx again by the way :)

BeeDog

Acid08 said:

Well, the beta does check for updates every time you start it up, so I'd say it's safe to assume some update(s) will hit the game.

Cartman86

Banned
I hate Gamestop. They decided not to give me a voucher. Told me that I would get the info for that later. Well its later and i'm fucked.

Acid08

Banned
Dante said:
I am thinking a newer build given feedback on this would be implemented for the Qore Beta people.

Thx again by the way :)
Np :). This download is going so slooooooooooooooooow for me. Only 18%.

DunpealD

I never tried a SOCOM, I'd appreciate it if anyone has a spare code for me.
And those who got one and are playing... make sure you enjoy it for those who weren't able to make it.

Acid08

Banned
Cartman86 said:
I hate Gamestop. They decided not to give me a voucher. Told me that I would get the info for that later. Well its later and i'm fucked.
You have until the 23rd to register. Just go back and pick up the code.

sullyj

The code Metal Murphy sent me has already been used too many times. If someone out there has any codes left I could use one.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I understand someof the complaints about thie BETA but the is really fun. Fix the LAG and this game will be really, really good. I'm loving it already and I have never been big into SOCOM.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Lots of fun :D

Either my controller is fucking up or the controls in the game are worse than i thought. i died more than once due to a fuck up. Guns changing from automatic to semi-automatic to grenade launcher!!!!

Doc Evils

Game just finished. Good games Trevel, Ninja Fridge and Kyoufu.

I've just made another one again on English Speaking 1.

Host name: NeoGaf_BELIEVE!

Kyoufu

NinjaFridge said:

Either my controller is fucking up or the controls in the game are worse than i thought. i died more than once due to a fuck up. Guns changing from automatic to semi-automatic to grenade launcher!!!!

Stop pressing Circle, AND STOP SHOOTING ME IN THE BACK! :p

rSpooky

I cannot even get in.. I ge tto a lobby, into a game, push ready and as soon as the game starts I just sit there watching the loading symbol forever. :(

Trevelyan

Banned
NinjaFridge said:

:lol :lol

I had the happen when I first started also. But yeah, the beta is sloppy with lots of graphical issues and glitches, and some major pop-in. But the gameplay is fantastic. I'm having so much fun. 4 hours just went by before I knew it. I'll be on later tonight, we need to get an all gaf game going, 16+ people is possible. Once the games get so there is more than 10 people, it starts to get really intense. I love it.

Wollan

I'm a little bit confused. Where did you folks all get codes from to share? What are your sources? How long will this beta last? Will Qore folks be added to this same server universe?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Kyoufu said:
Stop pressing Circle, AND STOP SHOOTING ME IN THE BACK! :p

Thats the thing i only press circle to get away from a menu. When i do it to get away from the pause menu i switch to the grenade launcher.

Doc Evils said:

Thanks. Never played SOCOM before.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Doc Evils said:

Nke it a small 5v5 serv, I'm coming now.

oneHeero

Wollan said:
I'm a little bit confused. Where did you folks all get codes from to share? What are your sources? How long will this beta last? Will Qore folks be added to this same server universe?
Codes from gamestop allow you to share with 2 other friends. So its like 3 invites from the beta code gamestop provides you with.

____

Wollan said:

to the best of my knowledge:

1) EU codes came from eurogamer (not shareable)

2) US codes come from Gamestop preorders which are being sent out via email and shareable w/ 2 other people

3) beta is 30 days. (ends oct 5)

4) qore users next week, to be added to same servers i believe (i really have no fucking clue)

xero273

Doc Evils said:

If I can ever get past network error, i'll join

Man, can't wait to go to Gamestop tonight to preorder the game and get the damn Beta voucher. In the mood to play some damn SOCOM. Also, is there any clan options in the beta?

Cartman86

Banned
DeadGzuz said:
If I put $5 down today will GS give me a code?

I also want to reserve R2 CE.

I think they have a limited stock of codes. I ordered 2 weeks ago and didn't get one. Maybe my gamestop just sucks.

cameltoe

i cant join any games....

From playing earlier I only saw a few pop ins (a couple tree shadows) The games I played earlier were lag free....now I cant even join...damn it all!!

I had such a blast, I WANT MORE!!!

btkadams

Valkyr Junkie said:
I have a Eurogamer code if anyone from UK/Europe wants it. I don't want to go through the hassle of setting up another fake account. I have a friend who pre-ordered it and might be able to bum his code.

Although if anyone has a Gamestop one they're willing to throw out there I'll take it :D
i would say give it to me since i also have a euro account, but i think an actual european is more deserving, since their beta was harder to get into than the NA one.

Trevelyan said:
Alright, my brother-in-law is gonna be out of the country for most of Sept, so I have an extra code to give away, Anyone want it? It's a US code btw, from gamestop.

I'll take it if it's still up for grabs

Top Bottom