• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

large percentage of people with headsets will change once the game comes out

you have to believe the only people who are playing in the beta are the most hardcore of the bunch so it's to be expected they will have headsets

buy I can't wait to get the bundle version, hopefully I will actually have someone to talk to online for once

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Server up or back up. Join on in I have good connection. And GG's to those who were in with me the last time.

Server English Speaking 1
Game NeoGAF

REALLY GOOD when you have a good room with a good connection. Day 1 for me for sure.

____

h3ro said:
US Beta gives the full title, while the Europe Beta gives only Socom: Confrontation.

So that bastard lied to me telling me he had a pre-order code from gamestop? :lol

He said he got one from eurogamer but he wasn't gonna use it because he's from here...

*goes to bug him about giving up the US code*

I've never been happier to see the number "256"

Since I didn't play SOCOM II (I came on board w/ S3 and CA), I have no idea where I am going in Crosswroads

I'm not feeling the new controls. I want everything the same as it was! :lol I want to press a button to crouch, crawl, lean, etc. Maybe I just need to get familiar with SOCOM all over again.

I'm surprised by the smoothness of the animations and the graphics. It looks awesome for a SOCOM game.

I sold my PS2 headset so I have to wait until I get the bundle for the bluetooth. But it's weird getting near someone and hearing their voice...much less screaming children in the background

Cartman86

Banned
Oh god i'm getting so pissed off.

I've been refreshing the official playstation boards for hours. I finally got someone to ask a question that I can't believe i knew and I got the code. I ran upstairs and my roommate was being a fucktard and not giving me the controller because he knew I wanted the beta (He was acting like an older sister or something). He gave it to me after a minute of asking nicely. I enter the code in. It gets accepted and I see the Socom Confrontation link and everything. I click it and it gives me an error saying someone else has used the code. The dude who gave me the code gave it to 2 guys since we both answered at the exact same time. I missed it by a matter of 3 seconds.

thuway

Alright GAF, since I love you, I have two spare Euro codes. I know what it feels like to miss out on a Beta. So PM me, with the only condition being, you actively participate and give feedback.

-Clover

thuway said:
Alright GAF, since I love you, I have two spare Euro codes. I know what it feels like to miss out on a Beta. So PM me, with the only condition being, you actively participate and give feedback.

pm sent

Kyoufu

so_awes said:
i cant get beyond the Start screen.

it said Network Initialization Failed

how do i fix this??

What I did was I exited the game, and tried again.

edit: guys join Liquid's NeoGAF server on English Speaking 1

kuYuri

Ok, posting again...

I have a code from Eurogamer for SOCOM beta. I'm willing to give it away, but I'm hoping someone would share their US code. Anyone? :(

TuxBobble

Alright, I'll have a code to spare--my friend never contacted me back...I wish there was an organized thread for key giveaways though because I want to give it to whomever requested it first...

alterno69

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
Ok, posting again...

I have a code from Eurogamer for SOCOM beta. I'm willing to give it away, but I'm hoping someone would share their US code. Anyone? :(

You know Euro codes work on US accounts right?

Kust download the beta with an Euro account and then play with your NA account, that's what i did.

Arsenic

so_awes said:
no good :(

no good :(
Just keep trying, keep hitting X while reading GAF impressions.

Speaking of which, im not liking this game all that much. I know its in beta, shitty connections, blah blah....but theres alot of things thats giving me headaches i doubt people would complain about.

- Quick select? kind of annoying having to hold Circle and Left or whatever to select a grenade, while ur enemy moves from position. Someone let me know how to do this if it can be done.

- Retarded fade-to-black - after every round ends/starts, the fadeaway gives me a headache. My eyes still hurt from it. Loved it when socom 2 simply just popped up when the room started.

- Cancel/back button? For map loading. Is that really difficult? I dont want to hit the XMB to quit the entire game, because the map is loading incorrectly (taking too long). this has been in all the other socoms.

- Chatroom!! Where is it? :( used to be fun typing shit while others spoke. It also encourages others to get a damn mic.

- A better text layout for ending rounds - the current sucks, shit like "rounds won: 2/4" is unnecessary, one simple number should do it. having too much to read especially on a SDTV, sucks, and gives even more headches.

Just a few bitchy comkplains here and there, i know framerate, laggy menus, and other shit should (better) be fixed when the full game rolls out. These are just anal observations.

so_awes

Banned
Acid08 said:
Joined the server. Watching the loading icon. Yup.
same here, been 5 mins already.

also, the menu are really slow...feels like i'm running this game on an old computer. hopefully this is because it's still beta.

can get annoying if it doesn't fix.

Doel

Arsenic said:
Just keep trying, keep hitting X while reading GAF impressions.

Speaking of which, im not liking this game all that much. I know its in beta, shitty connections, blah blah....but theres alot of things thats giving me headaches i doubt people would complain about.

- Quick select? kind of annoying having to hold Circle and Left or whatever to select a grenade, while ur enemy moves from position. Someone let me know how to do this if it can be done.

- Retarded fade-to-black - after every round ends/starts, the fadeaway gives me a headache. My eyes still hurt from it. Loved it when socom 2 simply just popped up when the room started.

- Cancel/back button? For map loading. Is that really difficult? I dont want to hit the XMB to quit the entire game, because the map is loading incorrectly (taking too long). this has been in all the other socoms.

- Chatroom!! Where is it? :( used to be fun typing shit while others spoke. It also encourages others to get a damn mic.

- A better text layout for ending rounds - the current sucks, shit like "rounds won: 2/4" is unnecessary, one simple number should do it. having too much to read especially on a SDTV, sucks, and gives even more headches.

Just a few bitchy comkplains here and there, i know framerate, laggy menus, and other shit should (better) be fixed when the full game rolls out. These are just anal observations.
Quick select is L1.

I also miss the text chat box.

J-Rzez

JB1981 said:
I will be on later tonight :D

Oh, I'm not sure I want to see your impressions post on this one LOL.

The game is in shambles at the moment. Nearly unplayable due to latency issues, which are obviously server side. Loading "can" take up to 3+mins to get into the map. There's patches of lag during gameplay. It's not the prettiest game by any means, but not horrible either. Smoke looks great though hehe.

BUT - I got into a few games of what I imagine it's going to be like on launch day. Loaded up maps in 20 some seconds, gameplay didn't dip below 30fps despite the chaos, hit detection is ace on. Looks like its going to be really loaded with community features.

One thing there is absolutely undeniable though. The sound is absolutely incredible. It's the most intense sounding shooter to date. It's mindblowing. The reports from the guns based on distance, shots hitting the wall, kicking stuff like empty soda cans giving away your position, it's insane.

As long as this progresses similarly to how Warhawk progressed functionality/stability wise, this so far to me is thee shooter to play this year. And would be everything I wanted from a new SOCOM.

cameltoe

no framerate issues noted...not sure what you guys are talking about.

Had to take a break...wifey wanted to watch some TV

@y2kev hasnt crashed yet!

J-Rzez

Arsenic said:

At the start of the match or whenever you have a chance, bring up the weapon wheel, select grenades, then just hit L1 to your hearts content for your main weapon and the grenades.

Can't seem to get past the damn loading screen, had it sit there for 8 minutes before I gave up. I know its a beta but they definitely weren't prepared for this many users yet. Hopefully this stuff will iron out over the next few days.

J-Rzez

Y2Kev said:
Does it crash? Warhawk was unplayable. Winhawk 3.1.

Only locked up when trying to bring up the "stats page". No random crashes, though, it may seem to "lock up" while it's trying to load up a map. It has to just be something server side.

xero273

Game needs more IW and Desert Glory!! :D

Due to overwhelming demand for the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Public Beta, we are experiencing load related issues. These issues are causing abnormal latency, disconnects, long load times, login errors and community features such as clans and stats not functioning correctly (or at all).

We are doing everything we can to resolve these issues as quickly as possible and you should see some improvements progressively over the next couple of days. However, we do not expect to have the issues completely resolved until close to the end of next week.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team

http://socom.us.playstation.com/post/2008/09/SOCOM-CONFRONTATION-PUBLIC-BETA-UPDATE.aspx

NameIess

I just played a few rounds and the beta is terrible! *Fucking Garbage!*
This shit is sooooo slow and laggy they should not have released the beta, because based on what I have seen so far I will not be purchasing this game.
Now remember this is coming from one of the biggest Socom 2 fans that exist.

It could be issues with the Beta servers, but I have no faith all of the network code and server stability will be sorted out within 30 days for the launch. Also the actual gameplay and map size does not feel like Socom 2.

The only map for the Beta is Crossroads and large Crossroads, both do not feel like Socom 2 IMO. The controls do not feel right the player movement is too slow and the camera does not feel right. Perhaps I will warm up to the gameplay, but the laggy servers and extremely long load times for the map is killing the experience. Honestly this is the worse beta I have participated in and this title is huge for Sony so this is a sad day IMO.

I will continue to play and if my opinion changes I will post some additional thoughts or rants...

Top Bottom