• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

dralla

Is there anyway to use Night Vision without zooming in over the shoulder? It makes night games unplayable, I hate that camera for this game.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
NameIess said:
I just played a few rounds and the beta is terrible! *Fucking Garbage!*
This shit is sooooo slow and laggy they should not have released the beta, because based on what I have seen so far I will not be purchasing this game.
Now remember this is coming from one of the biggest Socom 2 fans that exist.

It could be issues with the Beta servers, but I have no faith all of the network code and server stability will be sorted out within 30 days for the launch. Also the actual gameplay and map size does not feel like Socom 2.

The only map for the Beta is Crossroads and large Crossroads, both do not feel like Socom 2 IMO. The controls do not feel right the player movement is too slow and the camera does not feel right. Perhaps I will warm up to the gameplay, but the laggy servers and extremely long load times for the map is killing the experience. Honestly this is the worse beta I have participated in and this title is huge for Sony so this is a sad day IMO.

I will continue to play and if my opinion changes I will post some additional thoughts or rants...

You can change the camera to the old point of view you do know that right? There are also different control set-ups, there is a good chance the old one will be there (i don't know, never played old SOCOM).

Arsenic

NameIess said:
This shit is sooooo slow and laggy they should not have released the beta, because based on what I have seen so far I will not be purchasing this game.

It could be issues with the Beta servers, but I have no faith all of the network code and server stability will be sorted out within 30 days for the launch. Also the actual gameplay and map size does not feel like Socom 2.

The only map for the Beta is Crossroads and large Crossroads, both do not feel like Socom 2 IMO. The controls do not feel right the player movement is too slow and the camera does not feel right. Perhaps I will warm up to the gameplay, but the laggy servers and extremely long load times for the map is killing the experience. Honestly this is the worse beta I have participated in and this title is huge for Sony so this is a sad day IMO.

I will continue to play and if my opinion changes I will post some additional thoughts or rants...
But.........this is why its called a beta, not a demo? All those lag issues will be resolved. I made my own complaints earlier, but it had nothing to do with thefact that this is only a beta.

Although, i can agree with you on the camera and player movement speed, it either feels too slow or just not right.

Edit: Thank you doel and to someone else (i forget ur name) about the L1 tip :D

NameIess

^^ I changed the camera angle, but the zoom in for the scope does not seem right...
Perhaps I will warm up to the gameplay, but the shitty servers and lag are making it very difficult. It just seems like they should have been better prepared for the traffic and excitement for the title. I'm sure they know how many codes were registered for the beta and could have prepared for load balancing... This kind of stuff just pisses me off, because this is one of the biggest Sony releases in 2008 and you would not know it based on these idiots running the show. *I know it's harsh, but damn step your game up Sony/6Slant!*

Snipes424

NameIess said:
^^ I changed the camera angle, but the zoom in for the scope does not seem right...
Perhaps I will warm up to the gameplay, but the shitty servers and lag are making it very difficult. It just seems like they should have been better prepared for the traffic and excitement for the title. I'm sure they know how many codes were registered for the beta and could have prepared for load balancing... This kind of stuff just pisses me off, because this is one of the biggest Sony releases in 2008 and you would not know it based on these idiots running the show. *I know it's harsh, but damn step your game up Sony!*

It's the first day of beta... all first days are laggy as shit, welcome to BETA.

dralla

The majority of the games up are also PvP, I don't see anyone in the dedicated medley servers. That will also help stability a lot.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
How does the game compare to MGO in terms of play-style? For those that can actually connect to a game. :p

dralla

It's really not like MGO at all, if one more person makes that comparison I'm going to punch them. MGO is a huge piece of crap, it's not fair to compare to SOCOM.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
dralla said:
It's really not like MGO at all, if one more person makes that comparison I'm going to punch them. MGO is a huge piece of crap, it's not fair to compare to SOCOM.
Well I like MGO so if SOCOM is that much better than awesome. :D

Crisis

Banned
The big version of Crossroads is really kind of too big for less than 32 players. I wish people would quit using it with 16.

kuYuri

alterno69 said:
You know Euro codes work on US accounts right?

Kust download the beta with an Euro account and then play with your NA account, that's what i did.

Awesome, didn't know. Thanks for the advice.

Crisis said:
The big version of Crossroads is really kind of too big for less than 32 players. I wish people would quit using it with 16.
Lol, I played that 2v2, it was a horror finding eachother. I just hate aborting, and the other people in the room too apparently.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Anyone else having problems just getting online? When i start up Socom it says network initializing then it fails, Everything else on the ps3 works fine for me though with online.

oneHeero

NameIess said:

When there is no hope.. I guess some tards really think beta=demo.

xero273

Metalic Sand said:
Anyone else having problems just getting online? When i start up Socom it says network initializing then it fails, Everything else on the ps3 works fine for me though with online.

This is a common problem. You just have to keep trying until you get online.

Metalic Sand said:

Yeah lots of folks are. Their servers didn't know what hit 'em. Just keep at it and ya might sneak in.

Nizz

I can't wait to go into this game fresh with all the problems (hopefully) sorted out. I've never played a Socom game, and I'd like my first experience with the franchise to be a good one..

JB1981

Game is really tight.

I love the shooting mechanics. Yea, the graphics are pretty bad but they are serviceable and the gameplay is spot-on.

I will definitely be playing a lot of this. Anyone else notice how clear the mics are?

I was in a small room and didn't notice much lag at all. The Sixaxis lean function is pretty neat too ... I still have to get used to the control scheme but I think these guys pulled it off.

dralla

Due to overwhelming demand for the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Public Beta, we are experiencing load related issues. These issues are causing abnormal latency, disconnects, long load times, login errors and community features such as clans and stats not functioning correctly (or at all).

We are doing everything we can to resolve these issues as quickly as possible and you should see some improvements progressively over the next couple of days. However, we do not expect to have the issues completely resolved until close to the end of next week.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team

looks like the Community stuff is in there, I did get to see some options for Party Invites in there, which is always nice :]

Cruzader

Banned
Acid08 said:
This game has some fucking next gen load times.
yes, thats like the #1 thing to fix besides lagg. After a game finishes and a new one begins, sometimes the beta freezes while that circle thing loops..ggrr. Whats with the game resetting my ps3 after quiting?

aside from those errors, the game is fun.

Kyoufu

JB1981 said:
I will definitely be playing a lot of this. Anyone else notice how clear the mics are?

Hmm not for me. Some people I can't really understand very well.

The gameplay is tight though yeah. I'm in love with the P90 machine gun with the attachment. We just need to stop playing on the fucking Large version of Crossroads. Its not bad with 5v5 but it'd be way better if the map was smaller.

thuway

Kyoufu said:

The gameplay is tight though yeah. I'm in love with the P90 machine gun with the attachment. We just need to stop playing on the fucking Large version of Crossroads. Its not bad with 5v5 but it'd be way better if the map was smaller.
Agreed.

Trevelyan

Banned
JB1981 said:
do you guys have a room up right now?
We did have one up for a few hours. Was a ton of fun. If someone else with a stable(and good) connection wants to host a server, DO IT! I would but my internet can't do shit ;/

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
JB1981 said:
Game is really tight.

I love the shooting mechanics. Yea, the graphics are pretty bad but they are serviceable and the gameplay is spot-on.

I was in a small room and didn't notice much lag at all. The Sixaxis lean function is pretty neat too ... I still have to get used to the control scheme but I think these guys pulled it off.

This is kind of shocking :lol

Defuser

Kyoufu said:

I'm installing right now,joining you guys soon!!! :D

oneHeero

Lebron said:
Sent. I lost my gfirst beta voucher so went and got another one. I just happened to walk into my daughter's room and found the old one on floor.

I redeemed it on another PSN of mine and email and just got my email(instant :\) If I can give the other 2 out(all 3) I'll do another on gaf.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Im really liking the beta, I was in a game where for the first 5 minutes it was nothing but everyone in the game complaining that they couldnt boot me because I didnt have a mic. I proceeded to kick all there asses :lol

Top Bottom