• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

Movement

Damn this is annoying, I cant even get past the main menu, it keeps saying network failed, anyone getting this?

Edit* I finally got through:D

Trevelyan

Banned
Metalic Sand said:
Im really digging the Heat haze effect while you stand still and just watch the environment.
Yeah, I like that little touch as well. The levels really feel 'alive' with all the sand and debris blowing around.

crunker99

Doel said:
Can't log in now, no matter what I do.

Just keep getting "Network Initialization Failed".

i gave up dude

after 1 laggy game in over 4 hours of trying
i suggest you do what i am doing and wait a day or so till the rush dies down.. as evidenced by the betas before this and this one, sony has no idea how to prepare for a first day server rush lol

login to PSN HOME like i did and do some virtual dancing for an hour haha

Maggot9

Banned
Eltacoman said:
Damn this is annoying, I cant even get past the main menu, it keeps saying network failed, anyone getting this?
First time I got this I reset me PS3 and tried again and it worked. Second time I got this I had to unplug my router and modem for 30 secs.

Wollan

I managed to get into a game with my super shitty AU isp.

Graphically it's better than some of you guys made me think.
It's like if you took COD4 and made it 30fps (though slow down at a high point) but with better textures and a bit clearer image. The graphics are definitely serviceable.

The one time I fired at someone though my gun sound fx didn't work and I get keeping LAG errors until I was booted.

TuxBobble

I've gotta say, I'm SORT OF enjoying it so far.

I loved the old SOCOM games, and this doesn't feel quite the same, to be honest. However, it is still a fun game. The mechanics are mostly good, and while there are some lag issues (hopefully due to Beta status) it's pretty solid gameplay.

Some of the controls are a little difficult--for example, you can't reassign X or Triangle to perform other actions, really. But all in all I'm enjoying it so far.

Feel free to add me to your PSN friends, everyone. (Sort of new to NeoGAF so I'd be glad to play with some of you more)

Movement

WTF at these loading times. I have literally been waiting 10 minutes after quitting this game watching the damn circle spin and spin. sigh

thuway

Wollan said:
Graphically it's better than some of you guys made me think.
It's like if you took COD4 and made it 30fps (though slow down at a high point) but with better textures and a bit clearer image. The graphics are definitely serviceable.

I think I said the same thing a few pages back when I reported what I thought of it at PAX. The game looks pretty good.

Trevelyan

Banned
Eltacoman said:
WTF at these loading times. I have literally been waiting 10 minutes after quitting this game watching the damn circle spin and spin. sigh
:lol That's half the fun!

I really can't stop playing this, though. The gunplay and mechanics are so tight and well-balanced. Loving it to death.

dralla

I just created a Stealth guy and a Sniper guy, the customization is pretty deep. Now if there were only bushes to hide in :[

I noticed you can't load up different characters when you actually get in games though :[ :[ You have to stick to the ones you chose in the main menu

Flunkie

Banned
Flunkie said:
Man, I really wish this would slow down. It's just downloading way too fast.
It's been four hours and twenty minutes since I posted that. It's still not done - 87% right now.

Holy crap is PSN slow for me tonight.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I downloaded off the UK store it seemed to take around 4 hours. I'm in the US so I could understand the lag inspeed. Game is worth it though. It definitely feels unique, hard to put my finger on but this is next gen SOCOM here!

Defuser

LiquidMetal14 said:
I downloaded off the UK store it seemed to take around 4 hours. I'm in the US so I could understand the lag inspeed. Game is worth it though. It definitely feels unique, hard to put my finger on but this is next gen SOCOM here!
How that RPG in your face feels like? :lol

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I just came home for a minute and noticed I received my code. I'm going back out but I'll be d/l while I'm gone. =]

Nooreo

Strider2K99 said:
Ugh, why does it take forever to join a game? :|
No idea but this is why i refuse to play the beta. I know its a beta but seriously last i remembered a public beta is to get some feedback especially complaints and my biggest complaint i have is why does it take so long to join a game !!. If people cant play the devs cant get any feedback,so what ever im just hoping this will be fixed soon because i played it twice and i liked it.

NameIess

After playing a few lag free rounds and getting accustomed to the controls the game has potential, but I can't say I'm sold yet... I still not happy with the grenade throwing and where's the option to make grenades your quick select? Also, the aiming camera and crosshairs still does not seem right. The game definitely needs some tweaking, but I have to admit it does give you a bit of the Socom 2 vibe when you play 8 VS 8 on the standard Crossroads map...

I kind of flew off the handle initially, because I'm a huge Socom fan and want the game to be great.

This is awful. The aiming feels damn good, and the FPS is smooth, but the netcode is awful, the interface is incredibly slow, and it takes forever to join a fucking game. This interface is so goddamn archaic it makes the Dreamcast online look like a viable option.

kuYuri

I need to get used to the controls... can you create a game with just myself in it so I can practice the feel of the game?

Dizzan

MINI Member
It's a fucking Beta not a demo or full game.

It's going to have problems. It's not indicative of the final product.

I can't believe there are so many people that think they should have a perfect experience that blows their mind when the product is a FREE program that the devs use to tweak/fix problems.

So frustrating that so many people are being such wankers.

Top Bottom