• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

xero273

Nooreo said:
No idea but this is why i refuse to play the beta. I know its a beta but seriously last i remembered a public beta is to get some feedback especially complaints and my biggest complaint i have is why does it take so long to join a game !!. If people cant play the devs cant get any feedback,so what ever im just hoping this will be fixed soon because i played it twice and i liked it.

Slant 6 already posted on their blog saying they are having loading issue and will fix the problem for long loads.

NameIess said:
After playing a few lag free rounds and getting accustomed to the controls the game has potential, but I can't say I'm sold yet... I still not happy with the grenade throwing and where's the option to make grenades your quick select?

When you first start out, you have to select the grenade with the O button. Once you do that just hit L1 to switch between main gun and grenade. This is for the default controller config.

GQman2121

Banned
One of friends list folks just hooked me up with a code. Kev I haven't forgot about you; when I finally get the email I'll let you know asap so you can get down with us.

With my Fios connection the download is flying BTW. I'm at about 5-700 k/b right now.

____

Trevelyan said:
:lol That's half the fun!

I really can't stop playing this, though. The gunplay and mechanics are so tight and well-balanced. Loving it to death.

Check your pm's :_(

Cruzader

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
I downloaded off the UK store it seemed to take around 4 hours. I'm in the US so I could understand the lag inspeed. Game is worth it though. It definitely feels unique, hard to put my finger on but this is next gen SOCOM here!
You guys have shitty online services. Im in NY ang got the UK beta in ~20 min.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
GQman2121 said:
One of friends list folks just hooked me up with a code. Kev I haven't forgot about you; when I finally get the email I'll let you know asap so you can get down with us.

With my Fios connection the download is flying BTW. I'm at about 5-700 k/b right now.

if anyone else has an extra code in the meantime....hit me up! My bandwidth cap activates at 10 AM. This is a race to the finish

Well, my friend didn't get his codes in the email as he was supposed to...

...if anyone has a spare code, I'd really appreciate it. :(

-shakes coin jar

-PXG-

Spent the entire day at my girl's house. FINALLY get to download this. Sure, being with my GF is kickass, but I've been waiting to play this for a while :)

tuco11

Played a few games.

Why does it seem like your guy is moving with 90lbs of bricks on his back? So slow unless you are holding the sprint button. The guns just don't feel like they have that "oomph" for lack of a better word. I am going to go buy socom 2 foir $5 at Gamestop just to compare. I thought classic view was a little farther back too. They ruined the M14. It kicked ass in S2.

GodofWine

First impressions of the Beta (yes I realize its a beta)

Graphics - B-
- Environments would get a B
- Characters would get a C+
- Animations would get a B-

Overall Game Play - B+
- Feels pretty tight already
- Controls are fluid
- Weapons feel 'right', could use more flash and sound
- Matches feel good
- Would like to somehow feel more IN the fight, as opposed to watching it (hard to explain)

Weapon Selection - B
- Hand full of weapons from assault / machine gun / sniper / etc

Character Mods - B
- Proper mods can be made to suit personality or scenario

Load times were not too bad once I got in.

J-Rzez

tuco11 said:
Played a few games.

Why does it seem like your guy is moving with 90lbs of bricks on his back? So slow unless you are holding the sprint button. The guns just don't feel like they have that "oomph" for lack of a better word. I am going to go buy socom 2 foir $5 at Gamestop just to compare. I thought classic view was a little farther back too. They ruined the M14. It kicked ass in S2.

Because, they very well maybe. Gear isn't that light, and also in order to shoot worth a damn, you can't be running that fast at all. It became more realistic is what happened. I think the guns are very well represented in terms of hitting power.

It's not an arcade shooter, it's SOCOM, which tends to infuse a bit more realism into the game than your average spazzy arcade CoD-ish game.

n1n9tean

Banned
Socom: Confrontation Beta code NOW! I DEMAND IT!!!!

NO NO I'm kidding I'm kiddiiiiiiiiiing. I shamelessly BEG for it!!!!!!!

:lol

mr stroke

played a quick ten minutes to try it out and it plays just like Socom 1-2. So happy there. Just wish the graphics were a little better, but it is 40$ so ill take it with stride. A little lag here and there but nothing bad so far. I just don't know if this will get more time than Warhawk from me.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This game just rocks. To all those who played tonight, good games. I will host another 32p server tomorow. Too bad when I FINALLY hosted 32 we only had 8 players max show up. This is next gen SOCOM

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
LiquidMetal14 said:
This game just rocks. To all those who played tonight, good games. I will host another 32p server tomorow. Too bad when I FINALLY hosted 32 we only had 8 players max show up. This is next gen SOCOM

i hate you

Alias03

I've been playing this game pretty much since 2 pm on and off. Minus the tech bugs that I believe will be fixed in the final release (load times) I freaking love this game! I love the sound and how if someone is near you their voices comes though the speakers. Not only that but if the enemies (or friendlies for that matter) are in a building and above you for example it really sounds like they are and muffles accordingly!

Alias03 said:
I've been playing this game pretty much since 2 pm on and off. Minus the tech bugs that I believe will be fixed in the final release (load times) I freaking love this game! I love the sound and how if someone is near you their voices comes though the speakers. Not only that but if the enemies (or friendlies for that matter) are in a building and above you for example it really sounds like they are and muffles accordingly!

I was wondering why they came through the speakers. That is a great interesting feature!

Alias03

cjtiger300 said:
I was wondering why they came through the speakers. That is a great interesting feature!

Yeah its pretty cool. If you have it hooked up through surround sound the voice comes out the correct speaker in proximity to where you (the game character) and the person talking are. So you have to be careful if you know your in a high traffic area cause you never know who may be listening!! :D

GQman2121

Banned
The player movement speed has to be looked at again before this game is released; it's waaaaaay to slow. The sprint speed should be the default IMO.

Wollan

GQman2121 said:
The player movement speed has to be looked at again before this game is released; it's waaaaaay to slow. The sprint speed should be the default IMO.
Its realistic, they're walking around with 30+kg of gear.

GQman2121

Banned
Wollan said:
Its realistic, they're walking around with 30+kg of gear.

I guess that makes sense, but for a lot of seasoned Socom players it's going to be a real shock when they first get they're hands on it.

I'm a sniper, so I really only move when I have too, but when I do, I just wish it was a few paces faster.

It's only a small adjustment; no biggie.

xero273

GQman2121 said:
I guess that makes sense, but for a lot of seasoned Socom players it's going to be a real shock when they first get they're hands on it.

Those seasoned Socom players are already going off in the playstation forums.

Top Bottom